+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    and Hixon has done what this preseason.....
    Have you watched all the practices? The fact that he hasn't seen the field that much could very well indicate that they know what he can do and want to see the kids play to make their evaluation.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    thats exactly waht the report was. Smith didn't want be PUP'd and thats what the Giants wanted to do
    Isn't that what I just said?
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    and Hixon has done what this preseason.....
    pretty athletic and nice catch for a first down, plus hes great on kick coverage, has a connection with Eli

when hes not cut just come on and say that you were wrong....

hes not getting released unless he has a physical setback

and as a side note, Hixon wasn't cleared to play until game 3 in which he started last week

edit: i meant game 2 and he started out of the gate

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How do you know that? PUP gets him to week 7. They could have IR'd him at that point if he stayed a Giant. Point is that given their offer to Smith, they had far less confidence in his readiness to play. Clearly they were right.
    Smith did the right thing to sign with Philly because that might have been his last real payday. I can't blame him for that.
    u asked me how i knew the Giants wanted to PUP him... anything could of happened, but they felt like the extra two months of not playing would of been good.

So if thats what u were just saying then u said the same thing i said

All-Pro
    I you need a wr right now for the year then I can see keeping Hixon around..... but you don't want to send the future down the river on him either...I'm liking what I'm seeing from RR and JJ and the upside is just to much to throw away on Hixon....And I like Hixon for what he's done and the type of person/player he is....I think the giants org does a pretty good job at giving players a fare shake injured or otherwise ....Its a tough bussiness building for now and the future...I'm sure we would all agree Hixon is not the future ....That being said I can see him playing here this year... I guess who they cut is the big question end of the day for me is I don't want it to hurt this team in the long run.....

pretty athletic and nice catch for a first down, plus hes great on kick coverage, has a connection with Eli

when hes not cut just come on and say that you were wrong....

hes not getting released unless he has a physical setback
    I dont think he will be cut. Im just counter arguing your argument. I think wed get rid of Barden before Hixon, and hes been playing ok so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I you need a wr right now for the year then I can see keeping Hixon around..... but you don't want to send the future down the river on him either...I'm liking what I'm seeing from RR and JJ and the upside is just to much to throw away on Hixon....And I like Hixon for what he's done and the type of person/player he is....I think the giants org does a pretty good job at giving players a fare shake injured or otherwise ....Its a tough bussiness building for now and the future...I'm sure we would all agree Hixon is not the future ....That being said I can see him playing here this year... I guess who they cut is the big question end of the day for me is I don't want it to hurt this team in the long run.....
    i just have a hard time thinking that JJ or Barden are the future for us at WR

u asked me how i knew the Giants wanted to PUP him... anything could of happened, but they felt like the extra two months of not playing would of been good.

So if thats what u were just saying then u said the same thing i said
    No what I meant was.."how do you know they thought he would be ready week 7". I think PUP would have been used to keep in on the roster and reevaluate at week 7. That is a tough surgery to come back from. ACL tears are actually better then that microfracture nonsense.
    We all knew he was going on the PUP list.
    Get well soon 80.

i just have a hard time thinking that JJ or Barden are the future for us at WR
    Why not? Amani was invisible his first year. And really didn't do that much for the first few years of his career. barden's problems have mostly been staying on the field. Thats just bad luck. JJ could emerge as far as anyone knows.
    Plus, Nicks and Cruz are our future. Anyone else is a supporting cast.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread