+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Well I dont think Alqaida or the taliban gives a **** what we call it. Id be surprised if many of them could point out NY or America on a map.

Basically what your saying is you dont want to entice them anymore? They hate us and want to destroy us regardless. and I think youre focusing on the name to much. You should be focusing on the newest and tallest building in NY, standing right were the towers stood. Thats our "**** you" to our enemies, along with our drone strikes
    yea i know. and i think the original 1WTC name conveys all those thoughts perfectly.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "Freedom" is not a political notion.
    It is the essence of our republic. No political party or organization has any more or less claim to it.
    I'm referring to the building, not the word.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Also I have 4 relatives that live in Hoboken more then 10 that work in the City in various area's the majority on Wall Street as well as a few Family Members that live in Manhattan proper....every single time we've talked about it they've all called it the "Freedom Tower" so I don't know how you came up with the "NYC residents don't call it that" idea.....because that's simply not true...plenty of them DO call it that.
    I didnt say NYC specifically. but regardless....you dont correct them? lol

I don't get why we would refer to something by a name that the port authority said we shouldnt name it. It's just easier for people to relate with it's real name, and not some sort of slogan
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post

I don't get why we would refer to something by a name that the port authority said we shouldnt name it. It's just easier for people to relate with it's real name, and not some sort of slogan
    Emotions run deep on this Pizz. 3000 is a lot of people. I think some folks need to be cut a little slack on this.
    I do get your point. I would have supported rebuilding the twin towers just as they were. And show them that nothing would change with us. But the reality is that it DID have an effect on us. A horrible effect. The worst day in American history.
    I can't give people a hard time who want to make a point with the name of the new building.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I don't "correct" them because there is nothing to correct....

They live there and work there and if that's what they call it then that's what it's called in my opinion.

Giants Stadium is now Metlife stadium, but if you call it Giants Stadium I'm not gonna jump on you and tell you you are "wrong"

Emotions run deep on this Pizz. 3000 is a lot of people. I think some folks need to be cut a little slack on this.
    I do get your point. I would have supported rebuilding the twin towers just as they were. And show them that nothing would change with us. But the reality is that it DID have an effect on us. A horrible effect. The worst day in American history.
    I can't give people a hard time who want to make a point with the name of the new building.
    I get it. honestly I really do. Just because im not a super-mega-patriotic-wear-my-colors guy, and get embarassed around people who chant "USA!! USA!!" I feel like I get looked down upon.
    It's probably why i think that it's tacky(the nickname), and a reminder of how these people were not protected from the worst attack on U.S. soil ever.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I don't "correct" them because there is nothing to correct....

They live there and work there and if that's what they call it then that's what it's called in my opinion.

Giants Stadium is now Metlife stadium, but if you call it Giants Stadium I'm not gonna jump on you and tell you you are "wrong"
    It's a good a point. I rather continue to generically call it The Meadowlands than to refer to it by a sponsored name. lol

actually, it's funny that you brought that up, because someone else said something like "Who cares.....in the next 30 years you know it will just be named Google Tower...or something. Hey maybe Sears will make a comeback...."
    Last edited by JPizzack; 09-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    OMG!! That new "recap" on Yahoo FF is friggin awesome!
    I think it sucks ....lol.....I felt bad enought my team lost then I read that **** ....lol.....oh wel time to hit the waiver wire I need help if I'm gonna say out out the cellar this year ....

All-Pro
    Yeah probably would never satisfy everyone on this but those who lost loved ones can call it what they want....There still people dying or have health issues just from exposure from the whole thing....

OMG!! That new "recap" on Yahoo FF is friggin awesome!
    I missed it. what is this??
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread