+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    We won last year DESPITE having the worst ground game in the NFL. If you want to compare our 1st stringer to our 3rd stringer the year we had the worst running game, go ahead. I'm not the one whos going to look dumb in that argument
    Like I said he makes plays when it counts more often than not. Exactly why he was number 1, and dj was 3

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    This stat is stupid Dezz....most teams have ridiculously high winning % when their "team" rushes for more then 100 yards, plus Bradshaw has usually split time with another back...so if he has 100+ yards that means the team is almost certainly upwards of 150 closing in on 200 yards rushing...

the only thing marginally surprising about that stat is that Bradshaw "only" has 8 100 yard games.
    Why is that surprising when you just said he's split time his whole career and has had injury problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really think thats a matter of the poor O line performance. Like Dezz says, Bradshaw does make plays. He's a good football player.
    it doesnt matter which way you want to spin it really, the reality is bradshaw is a good football player. but he isn't a great football player. there's a rather big difference in my eyes.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

We won last year DESPITE having the worst ground game in the NFL. If you want to compare our 1st stringer to our 3rd stringer the year we had the worst running game, go ahead. I'm not the one whos going to look dumb in that argument
    The issues with run game were to due to Injury with the backs and a putrid oline

it doesnt matter which way you want to spin it really, the reality is bradshaw is a good football player. but he isn't a great football player. there's a rather big difference in my eyes.
    He's far better than what you and even give him credit for but nobody is saying he's a HOFer

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Like I said he makes plays when it counts more often than not. Exactly why he was number 1, and dj was 3
    So let me get this straight. When AB sucks, it's because we have a bad o-line, when Ware sucked, it was just because he sucked.

Just making sure I'm clear on this.

I don't know what you expect out of a 3rd string RB exactly. a guy who gets 2 carries a game isn't going to WOW you.
    You give AB 20 carries a game, chances are he's going to have some big plays. the same can be said for about 20+ running backs in the NFL, if not more.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    He's far better than what you and even give him credit for but nobody is saying he's a HOFer
    I said he's a good RB....it's hard for me to say more than that. Always has been. I know I've always been in the minority in that regard, but considering we don't have many elite RBs in the NFL these days....I'm comfortable with my claims.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

So let me get this straight. When AB sucks, it's because we have a bad o-line, when Ware sucked, it was just because he sucked.

Just making sure I'm clear on this.

I don't know what you expect out of a 3rd string RB exactly. a guy who gets 2 carries a game isn't going to WOW you.
    You give AB 20 carries a game, chances are he's going to have some big plays. the same can be said for about 20+ running backs in the NFL, if not more.
    I'm guessing the reason that dez is making this argument is because you swore Ware was better than Bradshaw last year. Or something alon those lines.

The difference is that if something is there Bradshaw takes it, f nothin is there sometimes he makes it. Ware couldnt do anything on his own in terms of running the ball

Why is that surprising when you just said he's split time his whole career and has had injury problems?
    No, I was surprised that hes only had 8 games over 100 yards. Its not bad.....but its not good.

All-Pro
    because of the way he's lauded as a "great" RB around here, honestly.

I'm surprised because I thought he'd at least put up some impressive numbers or something and that's why you all love him, I hope he does well since he's a giants player obviously....but looking at him, watching the way he plays....To me he seems pretty low down there in terms of talent compared to the RB's I see playing for other teams.

since he hasn't put up good numbers and looks untalented when he's running I really don't see why everyone around here loves him so much...that's kind of what's surprising to me.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 09-12-2012 at 01:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread