+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'm willing to bet that if you take a golfer after 18 holes, and a bowler after 3 games......the bowler will still smell shower-fresh!
    That is unless of course they have been drinking and smoking heavily....little different, but we all know who'd need the shower!
    you'd be surprised, competitive bowling can be quite a strenuous activity.

taking a 15 or 16 pound weight and throwing it down a 60 foot lane at upwards of 17-18MPH and creating 500 RPM's on that weight at the same time and doing this 30+ times in the course of a couple hours can be pretty taxing physically...that's why I'm trying to tell MH that the stereotypical fat smelly bowler dude isn't exactly true :P

but whatever :P I know he knows and he's just pushing my buttons.

lol i know. i was teasing both of you lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    So I've bowled pretty good my first two weeks of the new winter season, I "may" have the highest Average in the State of NJ at the moment.

I'm averaging 254.5
    How many games, 1?

j/k - That's great. Congrats. My high was 246 - a long time ago.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    How many games, 1?

j/k - That's great. Congrats. My high was 246 - a long time ago.

Nice! 246 is nothing to sneeze at...it's pretty good, also bowling has changed so much over the years...246 used to be MUCH harder to throw then it is now.

my 254 average is only 8 games in actually, that's why I'm not really crazy about it yet, but still it's good enough that other really good HOF bowlers I bowl with are mentioning it so I'm stoked.

Nice! 246 is nothing to sneeze at...it's pretty good, also bowling has changed so much over the years...246 used to be MUCH harder to throw then it is now.

my 254 average is only 8 games in actually, that's why I'm not really crazy about it yet, but still it's good enough that other really good HOF bowlers I bowl with are mentioning it so I'm stoked.
    A 254 average sounds like a pro's average. You should be proud. But how is it you say bowling is easier now?

All-Pro
    A 254 average sounds like a pro's average. You should be proud. But how is it you say bowling is easier now?
    I think its has something to do with gps .... hey Rosey

Congrats Daven you pretty good at rolling the rock !

All-Pro
    254 is higher then most Pro's averages...but pro's bowl on a more difficult shot.

Bowling is easier because of technology, the balls nowadays do nearly all the work for you...that and houses are catering towards higher scores to bring in and keep customers.

not more then 15 years ago having a 200+ average was very impressive, nowadays nearly anyone can buy a new bowl and average 200 within a year.

another example is 300's thrown at the PBA Open tournament, the have a big board when you go there that shows 300's thrown every year during the course of the event.

in the 70's and 80's you'd see 20-30 300's thrown during the whole event, now? you see thousands thrown....with the same attendance, you used to have to generate speed and power and rotation yourself....and it took a long time to master and control, now you can just drop a ball on the lane and it creates power/rotation by itself...obviously not quite as much as I can create using the same ball....but most of the time you don't need "that" much just a little is enough if you are consistent.

Whattup *****es? Where is everyone?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Whattup *****es? Where is everyone?
    I'm inside a grey office building on 89 leuning street in south hackensack NJ, how about yourself?

I'm inside a grey office building on 89 leuning street in south hackensack NJ, how about yourself?
    12 North Ave, Pleasant valley, NY...ground floor in a cubicle.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread