+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

BTW..TC was WAY off base on his whining about that last play. How cvamn you complain about a team who plays hard on every play?
    Frankly I'm friggin sick of NFL teams just standing around and letting a QB take a knee. Try to force him to fumble as far as I'm concerned.
    When did TC get so soft. Our O got caught with their pants down and he was whining about it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    BTW..TC was WAY off base on his whining about that last play. How cvamn you complain about a team who plays hard on every play?
    Frankly I'm friggin sick of NFL teams just standing around and letting a QB take a knee. Try to force him to fumble as far as I'm concerned.
    When did TC get so soft. Our O got caught with their pants down and he was whining about it.
    cuz it's bush league....

Can you imagine if we faked a clock play, and then just tossed a lob for another TD. We'd be criticized for running up the score. Why is this different? You know he's taking a knee, which is the respectful thing to do.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Sure glad we wasted a first round pick on a running back
    I knew this was coming.

Mehh. Its victory formation. I thought it was a bit cheap. If you watch it again, theyre going right for the legs of all our olinemen. I know theyre going after the snap but someone can get hurt. If Bass got injured Im sure youd be singing a different tune.

I love how TC wanted to shake hands as he was going off on him. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    cuz it's bush league....

Can you imagine if we faked a clock play, and then just tossed a lob for another TD. We'd be criticized for running up the score. Why is this different? You know he's taking a knee, which is the respectful thing to do.
    They didn't fake anything. they lined up in an aggressive formation and made it clear they were coming after Eli. We were caught with our pants down and if they hit Eli and he fumbled, it would have been completely on us.
    Just as I said in the other thread, It made me sick watching Romo take 3 knees last week while we watched. We just friggin watched and let them win. If we lined up like Tampa did, he could very well have rushed the snap. Any slight bobble could have been costly. And that likelihood is enhanced if you know they are coming after you. Letting the other team win is unacceptable.
    I for one hope this changes the way all teams treat the kneel down play. especially us.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Mehh. Its victory formation. I thought it was a bit cheap. If you watch it again, theyre going right for the legs of all our olinemen. I know theyre going after the snap but someone can get hurt. If Bass got injured Im sure youd be singing a different tune.

I love how TC wanted to shake hands as he was going off on him. lol
    Going low is not dirty. Its what every D lineman is taught to do at the goalline.
    Yes...lets just stand around on plays so no one gets hurt. Total crap!!!!
    Play to win. Don't let the other team take a knee without trying to cause a fumble. thats good football.

They didn't fake anything. they lined up in an aggressive formation and made it clear they were coming after Eli. We were caught with our pants down and if they hit Eli and he fumbled, it would have been completely on us.
    Just as I said in the other thread, It made me sick watching Romo take 3 knees last week while we watched. We just friggin watched and let them win. If we lined up like Tampa did, he could very well have rushed the snap. Any slight bobble could have been costly. And that likelihood is enhanced if you know they are coming after you. Letting the other team win is unacceptable.
    I for one hope this changes the way all teams treat the kneel down play. especially us.
    I disagree. For a league that preaches player safety(which any fan can take one stance or another), this was not a good way to end the game. If Eli got seriously injured on the play, you'd be calling for Schiano's head.
    The O-line shouldn't be to blame for following the standard playcalling. No matter which way you look at it, it's a ***** move. By the time the Defense gets to the QB, they are down, and it would be a late hit....it's jsut not good at all.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Regardless, I approve of TC's reaction. You don't let rookie coaches get away with anything, lol.

He claimed Rutgers would do it.........no, they don't do it in college either....Rutgers never did it. nice try.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Going low is not dirty. Its what every D lineman is taught to do at the goalline.
    Yes...lets just stand around on plays so no one gets hurt. Total crap!!!!
    Play to win. Don't let the other team take a knee without trying to cause a fumble. thats good football.
    Yea I just dont agree. Obviously the Giants players felt the same.

But enough about the drama. Are our WRs incredible or what?
    I like salsa with my 80 yard tds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I disagree. For a league that preaches player safety(which any fan can take one stance or another), this was not a good way to end the game. If Eli got seriously injured on the play, you'd be calling for Schiano's head.
    The O-line shouldn't be to blame for following the standard playcalling. No matter which way you look at it, it's a ***** move. By the time the Defense gets to the QB, they are down, and it would be a late hit....it's jsut not good at all.
    Absolute bull****!
    When one team is playing hard on a play (and makes it clear they are playing hard) and the other team isn't, and doesn't even notice how the defense is lining up, and then someone gets hurt, which team is to blame?

+ Reply to Thread