+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #137431
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its not about going after legs to me. If guys do that and are trying to hurt guys, I have a huge problem with that. And I promise that just a few seconds after the play, TC didn't know what tactics they used. All he was responding to was that he call a kneel down play and they are always uneventful. This time his guy was on his *** and he took exception to it because in his mind thats not supposed to happen. But thats BS! A team has a right and obligation to try to stop a play that will end the game in their defeat. In this case, they have a right and obligation to try to hit Eli before he has a chance to kneel down and try to get the ball out. And they did knock him down. I'm not sure if he even got his knee down. It was too hard to tell. He could have definitely fumbled going down. It was a good play.
    I wish we had tried that with Romo last week. Its not bush. Its not unsportsmanlike. At least not the basic notion of trying to stop a kneel down play and get the football.
    You can argue about the tactics, but the basic premise to me is go make the play and keep the game alive.
    I'm fine with that. And none of TC's false outrage will change it.
    Come on man, hes looking right at the line, he can see the bucs were going low. He even mentioned the oline in his pressconference right after the game. He didnt know if all his" linemen made it into the locker room. " It was a stupid call by a rookie coach
    Last edited by dezzzR; 09-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.

  2. #137432
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,528
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifE6XkqMX9g

    I honestly havnt laughed so hard in a while.

  3. #137433
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Come on man, hes looking right at the line, he can see the bucs were going low. He even mentioned the oline in his pressconference right after the game. He didnt know if all his" linemen made it into the locker room. " It was a stupid call by a rookie coach
    Your opinion would be different if we pressured Romo last week and created a fumble.
    I hate the kneel down play. Its a wasted play. Just like kick offs out of the end zone. A waist of time.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #137434
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Your opinion would be different if we pressured Romo last week and created a fumble.
    I hate the kneel down play. Its a wasted play. Just like kick offs out of the end zone. A waist of time.
    the best argument to support your side of the argument is the fake kneel down that happened....

    that said Eli was interviewed and said that it is a known thing, it's something QB's and defenses do, the QB will walk up to the line and tell them that they are kneeling.

    what Tampa Bay should have done was told them that they aren't backing down or something...I mean Eli is going out of his way to inform them that they aren't running a play (as all QB's do) the least Tampa bay could have done was respond letting Eli know that they are so they can be ready for it, just for safeties sake.

  5. #137435
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    the best argument to support your side of the argument is the fake kneel down that happened....

    that said Eli was interviewed and said that it is a known thing, it's something QB's and defenses do, the QB will walk up to the line and tell them that they are kneeling.

    what Tampa Bay should have done was told them that they aren't backing down or something...I mean Eli is going out of his way to inform them that they aren't running a play (as all QB's do) the least Tampa bay could have done was respond letting Eli know that they are so they can be ready for it, just for safeties sake.
    This is an argument I don't understand. In your scenario the offense walks up to the defense and tells them that
    "we've decided that you lost so don't do anything to try to make a play" And then somehow its your view that the defense is somehow obligated to explain to the offense what their intent is.
    I say thats nuts! The defense made it absolutely clear what their intentions were when they lined up. Eli didn't notice and "assumed" they were quitting on the game. Thats completely on him. They made it clear they were coming and Eli didn't see what we all saw as they were lining up.
    Now who's to blame for that?

    And then for TC and Eli to whine about the fact that the Bucs didn't quit when "they" instructed them to is also rediculous.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #137436
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is an argument I don't understand. In your scenario the offense walks up to the defense and tells them that
    "we've decided that you lost so don't do anything to try to make a play" And then somehow its your view that the defense is somehow obligated to explain to the offense what their intent is.
    I say thats nuts! The defense made it absolutely clear what their intentions were when they lined up. Eli didn't notice and "assumed" they were quitting on the game. Thats completely on him. They made it clear they were coming and Eli didn't see what we all saw as they were lining up.
    Now who's to blame for that?

    And then for TC and Eli to whine about the fact that the Bucs didn't quit when "they" instructed them to is also rediculous.
    The Giants decided the Bucs lost in the previous 59:55.

  7. #137437
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is an argument I don't understand. In your scenario the offense walks up to the defense and tells them that
    "we've decided that you lost so don't do anything to try to make a play" And then somehow its your view that the defense is somehow obligated to explain to the offense what their intent is.
    I say thats nuts! The defense made it absolutely clear what their intentions were when they lined up. Eli didn't notice and "assumed" they were quitting on the game. Thats completely on him. They made it clear they were coming and Eli didn't see what we all saw as they were lining up.
    Now who's to blame for that?

    And then for TC and Eli to whine about the fact that the Bucs didn't quit when "they" instructed them to is also rediculous.
    Actually you are wrong, Eli said he did notice but there was nothing he could do about it at that point, the play was called they were not going to "fire off" the defense decided to do so knowing that to be the case...it simple is an unwritten rule, everyone knows it...you can refuse to "believe" that Morehead...but that doesn't change the fact that it "is" the case.

    (and it's ridiculous not rediculous)

  8. #137438
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Actually you are wrong, Eli said he did notice but there was nothing he could do about it at that point, the play was called they were not going to "fire off" the defense decided to do so knowing that to be the case...it simple is an unwritten rule, everyone knows it...you can refuse to "believe" that Morehead...but that doesn't change the fact that it "is" the case.

    (and it's ridiculous not rediculous)
    You are telling me that a QB can't call protection at the line? When did that happen?
    TC and Eli got caught with their pants down and their false outrage is just an attempt to cover that up. This whining about other teams not quitting when they are supposed to is embarrassing.


    And its.......B L O W M E. (I think that's the correct spelling)
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #137439
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are telling me that a QB can't call protection at the line? When did that happen?
    TC and Eli got caught with their pants down and their false outrage is just an attempt to cover that up. This whining about other teams not quitting when they are supposed to is embarrassing.


    And its.......B L O W M E. (I think that's the correct spelling)
    I'm just saying that's what Eli said Morehead, he was on the radio here in NY for his weekly spot on the Michael Kay show (I believe) and I heard the interview while sitting in traffic, he simple said there was nothing he could do at that point....I figure since he's a H.O.F. QB by now he has enough understanding of the game that if there was something to be done he would have done it, perhaps something about the victory formation and the play call makes it impossible? I don't know what to tell you....he said..."there was nothing I could do about it at that point"

    he didn't say it in a whining fashion he just said it matter of factly...said that he told them it was a kneel....he didn't outright say they did a bad thing but you could tell he thought they did.

    and I agree with him.

  10. #137440
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,934
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I'm just saying that's what Eli said Morehead, he was on the radio here in NY for his weekly spot on the Michael Kay show (I believe) and I heard the interview while sitting in traffic, he simple said there was nothing he could do at that point....I figure since he's a H.O.F. QB by now he has enough understanding of the game that if there was something to be done he would have done it, perhaps something about the victory formation and the play call makes it impossible? I don't know what to tell you....he said..."there was nothing I could do about it at that point"

    he didn't say it in a whining fashion he just said it matter of factly...said that he told them it was a kneel....he didn't outright say they did a bad thing but you could tell he thought they did.

    and I agree with him.
    He's covering his *** because he got caught with his pants down and got knocked on his *** as a product. Love the young man but he and TC are on a whine fest to cover their own errors.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts