+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Whining and complaining about the "mean old other team" may be OK in your world. Its not in mine.
    TC and Eli were unprepared for a team actually playing a play hard and his "anger" was motivated by his own embarrassment.
    I like TC, but he was less than himself there.
    Spin it and rationalize it any way that makes you happy. But I expect more from my HC.
    Actually thats exactly what I expect from TC, to protect his players.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Actually thats exactly what I expect from TC, to protect his players.
    You protect players by playing hard on every player. You protect player by coaching them to block up a play when it is clear that the defense in coming after them.
    Whining after the fact doesn't protect anyone.
    I would submit that his position of "assuming the opponent isn't going to play it out" ENDANGERS his players.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    So some 25 year old pampered athletes who can barely talk get to set the standard?
    I'm surprised how soft you, Scrappy and Pizz are on this. They were playing hard on the last play, we saw them lining up aggressively and failed to protect the play properly. Thats on us. For TC to whine about the other team not accepting defeat when we "told them to" is stupid.
    "**** you old man..we're going to play hard and try to take the ball from you so your better protect that ball" ....... Thats what I like. I wish we had done that with Romo the week before.
    I'm not being soft, if the accepted practice was that you play hard with 20 seconds left on the clock and go for the ball...if that was the norm I'd say no problem, but you and I both know that is not the case.

also I don't think there is any punishment due here...what they did was within the "rules"

it was just classless...

I guess to bring up a comparison, If I was bowling and threw a 290, my opponent was up there in the 10th frame...nothing bars me from screaming nani nani poo poo at the top of my lungs from behind the approach as he goes for the 300 and the win....

but if I did that I would look like an *******, a sore loser and just over all classless, that's what Schiano looks like right now.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 09-18-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I'm not being soft, if the accepted practice was that you play hard with 20 seconds left on the clock and go for the ball...if that was the norm I'd say no problem, but you and I both know that is not the case.

also I don't think there is any punishment due here...what they did was within the "rules"

it was just classless...
    In what universe is it "classless" to try hard on a play and make it clear that you are playing hard?
    Now you sound like a Democrat.

Whining and complaining about the "mean old other team" may be OK in your world. Its not in mine.
    TC and Eli were unprepared for a team actually playing a play hard and his "anger" was motivated by his own embarrassment.
    I like TC, but he was less than himself there.
    Spin it and rationalize it any way that makes you happy. But I expect more from my HC.
    Whatever man....Schiano is the embarassed one. 70% of the fanbase is against what he did....his own players are.....AND they lost the game. But yea....we should totally be embarassed >.<
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Whatever man....Schiano is the embarassed one. 70% of the fanbase is against what he did....his own players are.....AND they lost the game. But yea....we should totally be embarassed >.<
    Oh...I see. Public opinion polls confirm it. Very lame Pizz!
    I don't give a **** what public opinion polls show. I care about our team being ready to block up a play when the opponents are clearly coming after us. And then not whining about it after, because they had every right to try to take the ball from Eli.
    You guys put whatever spin you want. I was embarrassed by TC's lame whining.
    What he should have said is ...."It was clear that they were going to go after the ball, and we weren't ready for that. And thats no one's fault but ours"

In what universe is it "classless" to try hard on a play and make it clear that you are playing hard?
    Now you sound like a Democrat.
    Going for players knees on a qb kneel is pretty classless.

Well, Mh is in good company, Skip Bayless agrees with him.......

Oh...I see. Public opinion polls confirm it. Very lame Pizz!
    I don't give a **** what public opinion polls show. I care about our team being ready to block up a play when the opponents are clearly coming after us. And then not whining about it after, because they had every right to try to take the ball from Eli.
    You guys put whatever spin you want. I was embarrassed by TC's lame whining.
    What he should have said is ...."It was clear that they were going to go after the ball, and we weren't ready for that. And thats no one's fault but ours"
    im impressed with your davening skills which leaked onto facebook

good on you sir

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post

it was just classless...

I guess to bring up a comparison, If I was bowling and threw a 290, my opponent was up there in the 10th frame...nothing bars me from screaming nani nani poo poo at the top of my lungs from behind the approach as he goes for the 300 and the win....

but if I did that I would look like an *******, a sore loser and just over all classless, that's what Schiano looks like right now.
    he even Daven'd Daven

+ Reply to Thread