+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Rant of the day:

So saturday was nice out mid day, decided to take the dog to the park for maybe a half hour or so, socialize with other dogs. She unfortunately is only around small dogs usually.
    So i drive down there, it's like 30 seconds from my house, and start walking her around the area. I find this guy with a golden who took a liking to Tizzie, so we're talking or whatever, he had a Giants hat on so we were shootin the **** about the Gmen.
    Then this lady comes over with a...well i dont know what it was. it looked like a bigger version of a yorkie....and this dog is barking it's face off at Tizz and this golden.
    They lady says "excuse me! excuse me sir..." and both me and this other guy are like "huh? me?" and she points at me.

in my head: "Heeeeeere we go!!"

Me - "yes?"
    her - "There's a sign over there near the park sign that says no pitbulls...and it says all aggressive dogs will be asked to leave."
    Me - "ok, so why are you telling me this?"
    Her - "you have a pitbull"
    me - "I have an American Staffordshire Terrier. Pitbull is a made up word."
    Her - "well, aggressive dogs are asked to leave. your dog isn't allowed here"

So I look at her dog yapping at Tizzie....look back at her....look back at the dog yapping...look back at her...
    "Yes, my pitbull is so aggressive that it's sitting by my feet staring at your dog while yours is trying to attack mine....she's sooooo aggressive!!"

The other guy chimes in "Ma'am, we're having a conversation here. Your dog is being disruptive and aggressive, we're going to have to ask you to leave"
    "How dare you talk to me that way!! I'm calling the town!!!"
    "ok, and tell them what? that there are 2 nice gentlemen in the dog park with 2 nice dogs.....that you dont happen to like? Good luck with that I guess"

I hate people.
    /endrant
    Haha, don't you just love the "don't confuse me with the facts, self-appointed and entitled social police." Guess she didn't get the memo that aggression in dogs directly correlates with the behavior and treatment by their owners.

But, don't hold it against her pup. Some of the little ones can be yappers. One of ours is 7 pounds of flea fightin muscle and his bark is definitely worse than his bite, especially since he only has 2 teeth left. But, apparently he does seem to think he is a Doberman and not a maltese, which is why we named him Napoleon and his neighborhood rep is that we have some ferocious house-guarding Britlingen - until they meet him in person. This usually induces some major laugh-out-loud greetings and Napoleon usually reveals what a major closet cuddle fester he actually is.

Great story!

All-Pro
    I didn't like that we went to the same side like 5 times in a row. We got lucky on the PI calls, but they should have definitely did something else. If Barden put half as much effort into going for the ball as he did the tackle, we'd be in a good spot, or at worst, much better FG position. It does suck.
    And yes, i tend to stay out of tagf for about a week after losses lol
    I should know better....I read some where that Barden wasn't the first read...but still the coaches called it....TC said post game the worst thing that could happen was the opi ?? What about an Int ? we would have had no shot....should have played it a little safer Imo... they got ****y/greedy ....hindsight is 20/20....oh well

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Still think we should bench Barden for a while though.
    I'd bet they will since Hixon has improved, and Nicks coming back.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by swimeasy View Post
    Haha, don't you just love the "don't confuse me with the facts, self-appointed and entitled social police." Guess she didn't get the memo that aggression in dogs directly correlates with the behavior and treatment by their owners.

But, don't hold it against her pup. Some of the little ones can be yappers. One of ours is 7 pounds of flea fightin muscle and his bark is definitely worse than his bite, especially since he only has 2 teeth left. But, apparently he does seem to think he is a Doberman and not a maltese, which is why we named him Napoleon and his neighborhood rep is that we have some ferocious house-guarding Britlingen - until they meet him in person. This usually induces some major laugh-out-loud greetings and Napoleon usually reveals what a major closet cuddle fester he actually is.

Great story!
    HAHAHAHA. thats awesome

Yea, I just get frustrated with people who not only don't know what they are talking about, but don't even care. My dog deserves some sort of canine social life for being such great girl. It's a treat for her to play with other dogs, and smell their butts and whatever dogs like doing lol.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    What a moronic statement.....
    our society has lost it's collective minds, we are too complacent and as a whole we just don't know how anything works, government controls and does too much for us.

People just want the government to solve all the problems, even when they don't know why or how those problems exist in the first place, sometimes to the point that we ask government to solve problems that the government created...by trying to solve problems lol.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I should know better....I read some where that Barden wasn't the first read...but still the coaches called it....TC said post game the worst thing that could happen was the opi ?? What about an Int ? we would have had no shot....should have played it a little safer Imo... they got ****y/greedy ....hindsight is 20/20....oh well
    the INT wont be talked about by people who just want to yell at Barden. lol
    That the was the worst part of the game by far.

YES, Barden ****ed up MAJORLY.....but we should have already been up by a score. Eli and Ramses share the blame for the loss in my eyes.

Hey...we lose games, and we'll all have to deal....but, it stings when it's against a Philly team that didn't exactly wow me.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    our society has lost it's collective minds, we are too complacent and as a whole we just don't know how anything works, government controls and does too much for us.

People just want the government to solve all the problems, even when they don't know why or how those problems exist in the first place, sometimes to the point that we ask government to solve problems that the government created...by trying to solve problems lol.
    my favorite part is that people think 1 man directly controls the gas prices. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post

It's so hard to get the gas prices cheaper. Corporate greed sure, but isn't it true that Obama is actually working towards raising the MPG standards for automakers to like 35-40 mpg?

I think that in itself says something that Obama is trying to do.

But then again, I hate politics.

my favorite part is that people think 1 man directly controls the gas prices. lol
    he can guide it with policies he makes. just like the stock market.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's so hard to get the gas prices cheaper. Corporate greed sure, but isn't it true that Obama is actually working towards raising the MPG standards for automakers to like 35-40 mpg?

I think that in itself says something that Obama is trying to do.

But then again, I hate politics.
    Hes also invested billions in clean energy. We actually built a bunch of solar panels, sold them to china, then used stimulus money to buy them back from China.

+ Reply to Thread