+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Actually....as a whole, this country is not very progressive enough to have people really considered liberal vs. conservative........the entire population is rather conservative, because people just don't accept change very well lol.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

New Topic:

Is Dezz EVER going to go to a game with us?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    So if youre Libertarian, why are you not voting for Gary Johnson, who is the Libertarian alternative. That would make a ton more sense, especially considering this country needs to get away from the 2 party system, and we need to be given MANY more choices in our elections.
    I would have voted for Ron Paul...Gary Johnson does not have a shot in hell.

I'm voting for Romney to "limit" the damage.

For example...if our country is at a 5 right now on a scale of 1-10 I thing 4 more years of Obama might push us down to a 3, Romney might hold still at a 5, Ron Paul maybe could have pushed it up to a 6 or 7...

I'd rather stay at 5 then go to 3....I don't have another option Pizz.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I do think he tried Pizz, but he tried using a "Keynesian" economic model (and an extreme version of it at that)

what we needed was a "Hayek" based model...those two models are pretty much polar opposites....Obama only knows how to use and apply one (and it seems he has a limited knowledge of economics all together most likely because he's never run a business...he's been in politics his whole life...all he's done is teach "theories" and doing community organizing...it's not HIS fault...but the simple answer why we are worse of right now then we were when he took office is that he is simply not qualified to be the president of the united states...he doesn't have the experience or knowledge base to make the right decisions in SOOOO many areas, he's an eloquent speaker, he's very charismatic, he's a great leader.....but he doesn't have the qualifications to lead this country.

Romney is smarter when it comes to the economy....that said I don't really like him either...he's a waffler (but so is Obama and most other politicians)

I'm not voting FOR Romney I'm voting against Obama.
    lmao....vote for someone you don't like just to vote against someone you don't like ....is that not like having no choice !?! .....I cold never do that man... I don't like Romey he don't get my vote or any other person for that matter.....something wrong with that picture Daven

I dont agree with any of those things except that the fed keeps printing money....

Well, newsflash, the Fed is a private corporation, and benefits from both good and bad economies, so are you really surprised? There hasn't been backing to our dollar since around WW2, and this is EXACTLY what was going to happen by design. It was a system designed to fail. Sucks, doesn't it?

It's so depressing to me that people don't know how the Federal Reserve works (I'm not saying you don't...this is just a general statement).

I just can't understand the logic of those who think that their president didn't TRY to make things better. It didn't matter who was in office this term, everyone still would have complained. I'm horrified that people think Romney is fit to run a country. Absolutely horrified. Despite the terrible economic situation just prior to the 08 election, this is the one I'm going to remember, because it's so ****ing scary.
    I think he tried, with out a doubt he is trying. I just dont think taxing the richest Americans, which will only bring in 85 billion a year( feds spend 80 billion per week) is going to fix anything. Spending 2 trillion on a new unproven healthcare law in a unsafe economic environment doesnt help either. Romney may not be much better, but he will give businesses confidence imo.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    lmao....vote for someone you don't like just to vote against someone you don't like ....is that not like having no choice !?! .....I cold never do that man... I don't like Romey he don't get my vote or any other person for that matter.....something wrong with that picture Daven
    It sucks Byron, but voting is my duty as a citizen of this country, If I want my vote to count for anything I only have two choices, Obama or Romney, out of those two people...Romney will do infinity less damage to this country over the next 4 years....don't get me wrong, they both suck, but one sucks a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I would have voted for Ron Paul...Gary Johnson does not have a shot in hell.

I'm voting for Romney to "limit" the damage.

For example...if our country is at a 5 right now on a scale of 1-10 I thing 4 more years of Obama might push us down to a 3, Romney might hold still at a 5, Ron Paul maybe could have pushed it up to a 6 or 7...

I'd rather stay at 5 then go to 3....I don't have another option Pizz.
    of course Johnson doesnt stand a chance. Joe Shmoe doesnt even know he exists. lol
    Ron Paul was ok in my book, despite some of his general social issue opinion "FLAWS"....

Romney makes me ill.....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post

DEMOCRACY!!!

UH'MURICA!!! **** YEA!!!

lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I dont agree with any of those things except that the fed keeps printing money....

Well, newsflash, the Fed is a private corporation, and benefits from both good and bad economies, so are you really surprised? There hasn't been backing to our dollar since around WW2, and this is EXACTLY what was going to happen by design. It was a system designed to fail. Sucks, doesn't it?

It's so depressing to me that people don't know how the Federal Reserve works (I'm not saying you don't...this is just a general statement).

I just can't understand the logic of those who think that their president didn't TRY to make things better. It didn't matter who was in office this term, everyone still would have complained. I'm horrified that people think Romney is fit to run a country. Absolutely horrified. Despite the terrible economic situation just prior to the 08 election, this is the one I'm going to remember, because it's so ****ing scary.
    Pizz, if it's any comfort to you, I'm an Independent from NC.

Both parties have benefitted from the FED and the House bill to audit the FED was passed on a bipartisan basis. It is, unfortunately languishing in the Senate as Harry Reid will not bring it to the floor for discussion. Schumer was pressuring Bernanke to do the QE3 obviously due to the temporary "sugar rush" impact it would have on consumer spending (confidence). This was then spun by the media as improvement in the economy. Like the first two QEs, the crash from this will come later and consumer confidence is not the only relevant metric to consider. GDP was actually downgraded from the last report as was the US credit downgraded for a second time, the latter due to the FED's issuing of QE3.

My husband recently lost his job, but he is not one of those counted in the unemployment numbers reported by the WH. So while things may be improving for some, there are still many others who are struggling.
    Last edited by swimeasy; 10-01-2012 at 02:51 PM.

of course Johnson doesnt stand a chance. Joe Shmoe doesnt even know he exists. lol
    Ron Paul was ok in my book, despite some of his general social issue opinion "FLAWS"....

Romney makes me ill.....
    First off all...there is a Libertarian thread running through the history of our country. We have always been a self reliant people who want to be in control of our own destiny. PURE Libertarianism is a tad wacko for me. But I definitely have a Libertarian slant to my world view. Smaller government in our fiscal policy, and smaller government in our personal lives.
    This is also the direction we are headed. It has been argued by many economists that we will never reach $20 trillion in national debt. Not because we will show some fiscal responsibility, but because no one will lend us any more money at that point. When that happens, we will be forced, without choice to cut SS and Medicare to the bone. Millions upon millions will be hurt by that. What the GOP wants to do in their clumsy way, is make the reforms now that will prevent that kind of national crisis from happening.

They may be almost as sleazy as Dems, but in this case, they are right. And thats the difference.
    My fear is that since Obama is "cool", and sings Al Green songs in tune and gives a good (if not empty) speech, he will get re-elected and the fiscal cliff is right down the road.
    I don't care if I like whoever is president, I care about the future of this country.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread