+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont know. I think its going to be extremely close or Romney by a few states. When ever Romney spoke last night, Obama had his head down. On top of that Obama looked tired and worn out AND he seemed unsure of himself at some points. There will be a few days before we see theeffects of this debate but everyone who was sleeping on Romney just got drenched with ice cold water. I think Romney brought a lot of Independents to the right last night imo. And I think youre over estimating the power of uninformed hipsters. They will NOT show up in numbers for Obama like they did in 08.
    Obama kept his head down so that you couldn't see his anger, the guy has a angry streak...anyone who pays attention knows that and it's not something "i" care about, but I'm sure he was told by his advisers that no one wants to see him "angry" he obviously can't win on policy he needs to win on likeability and he has that in the bag as long as he doesn't freak out at any point.

about the hipsters...I'm not talking about them at all, I'm talking about the normal everyday citizen at the moment, the guy who works 9-5 and then watches a football eats dinner and goes to sleep...the common joe.

they don't CARE anymore, politics has become to difficult to follow without a significant investment of time and effort...and the public doesn't care.

so when they are debating economic policies and Obama throws out some random numbers and some made up talking points...the average citizen does not know whether that's true or not...(same goes for Romney) citizens have defaulted to "All Politicians are lying" which in turn makes them ignore everything...and when they are ignoring everything Debates like this do not matter...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Romney quite literally said whatever he wanted, and because he did so with such tenacity, and confidence,
    How can he says that his $5 trillion tax cut, isn't actually his $5 trillion tax cut?
    He also said that in his non-existent healthcare plan, that it would protect against pre-existing conditions, where in fact it does the exact opposite.
    He also said(this confused the **** out of me...) that Obamacare was a government takeover of health care. lolwut?
    Please do tell, what the hell does this mean. Its one big contradiction. If its non existent how do you know? lol He describes his health care plan on his website if youd actually like to read it.

Romney quite literally said whatever he wanted, and because he did so with such tenacity, and confidence, "he won"
    How can he says that his $5 trillion tax cut, isn't actually his $5 trillion tax cut?
    He also said that in his non-existent healthcare plan, that it would protect against pre-existing conditions, where in fact it does the exact opposite.
    He also said(this confused the **** out of me...) that Obamacare was a government takeover of health care. lolwut?
    Obamacare IS a government takeover of healthcare. We saw just this summer that the government is REQUIRING all insurance Companies to cover all birth control. Now most insurance companies do to some extent, but now the government is requiring it. they are telling customers that they can't negotiate a lower rate that doesn't include birth control. This is just a small example of how the arm of the federal government gets involved in the relationship between customers and providers.

And as for Romney's "5 trillion dollar tax cut" that Obama claims.......Romney has NEVER said he would cut taxes by $5 trillion. He said that he would reduce rates by 20% and offset that with elimination of loopholes and deductions for the wealthy. This has ALWAYS been his position and Obama was called out last night on his lying about it.

The real "win" for Romney last night wasn't based on style or body language. It was demonstrating that distortions and lies by the Obama campaign are going to be called out. And he did that. Romney isn't the bafoon that Obama's people have claimed. he's a brilliant and super competent man who has succeeded on a large scale in everything he has ever done. Yes..he's a dork and Obama is "cool". But thats never been the standard for President.
    The future of the country is.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Bottom line is, I want facts....not acting. I dont care about either candidates body language, i dont care that Romney was rape-staring Obama all night as if he was looking at his own wife. I dont care that Obama was looking at the podium as if he wasn't even focusing on the task at hand....

Obama at multiple points durign the debate, had opportunities to go on the offensive, and either missed them, or left them alone (or cut off lol).

The public is going to see that Romney is now in version 9.0 mode or something(more flip flops than a beach), and doesn't give any good information other than defensive information to counterpoint. It was so lame.
    You might not care, but undecided voters do. When they see a president being scolded in the nicest way possible, without any real "counterpunches" being thrown back, looking down, seeming frustrated, saying "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and "annnnnnnnnnnnnnd" every sentence. It looks un presidential.

All-Pro
    Bottom line is, I want facts....not acting.
    Exactly, and Romney gave you facts last night, but you either don't believe them or don't understand them so you are calling it "acting"

Romney outlines a 5 point plan on the economy...he explained what he wants to do, when pushed for specifics by Obama he gave you a "real"...factual answer, he told you that he can not mention specifics yet because he's going to have to work with congress and the senate...there is no possible way to promise anything specific yet...he did give specific examples of things he thought would help though, Romney IS telling you exactly what he plans to propose, he's also telling you exactly what he will NOT let through.

as opposed to Obama who spent the entire debate trying to tell you what "Romney's" plan was, then telling you Romney doesn't have a plan...which is counter intuitive anyway, how can Obama explain to you how wrong Romney's plans are if Romney doesn't have a plan? then Obama went on to making excuses for why the last 4 years haven't been so great under his leadership.

The public is going to see that Romney is now in version 9.0 mode or something(more flip flops than a beach), and doesn't give any good information other than defensive information to counterpoint. It was so lame.
    Oh I fully agree that Romney has been flip-flopping, that said he's not flip-flopping any more or less then Obama has...so that's a moot point.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes..he's a dork and Obama is "cool".
    So it's basically like Eli vs. Simms

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    This is why Obama is going to win Morehead, the majority of American's are like Pizz...they watch(or don't even watch) the debate and while watching they decide that all of it is lies or they just believe whatever "their" candidate says and disbelieve everything the other candidate says.

It doesn't matter that Romney outlined his plan, it doesn't matter that Romney, in no subtle terms, shut down Obama's talking points.

Obama claimed Romney wanted to cut 5 Trillion dollars right? Romney flat out said...NO I do not want to do that.

you have to take Romney on his word about that...just like we all took Obama on his word during his election, Obama didn't live up to his word...will Romney? who knows, but the point is you can't dismiss everything Romney says if you want to look at this race objectively and if you aren't looking at it objectively...then why watch it at all, if you can't look at both sides then you are clearly going to vote one way already so whats the point of the debate.
    You minimize the impact of a bad economy on this race. History has shown that when the right track/wrong track numbers are as they are, the only way a President can win reelection is to show that his opponent is unacceptable. Like John Kerry in 2004. What Romney did last night was show the American people that the characature of Romney. portrayed by Obama and the media is false. That he is highly articulate, intelligent and experienced.
    It will be very difficult for Obama now to "swift boat" Romney now.
    No Daven...Romney is now the favorite in my view. History will support my position on that.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 10-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    So it's basically like Eli vs. Simms
    Simms is older than me and he could kill Eli in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    And as for Romney's "5 trillion dollar tax cut" that Obama claims.......Romney has NEVER said he would cut taxes by $5 trillion. He said that he would reduce rates by 20% and offset that with elimination of loopholes and deductions for the wealthy. This has ALWAYS been his position and Obama was called out last night on his lying about it.

The real "win" for Romney last night wasn't based on style or body language. It was demonstrating that distortions and lies by the Obama campaign are going to be called out. And he did that. Romney isn't the bafoon that Obama's people have claimed. he's a brilliant and super competent man who has succeeded on a large scale in everything he has ever done. Yes..he's a dork and Obama is "cool". But thats never been the standard for President.
    The future of the country is.
    Romney cannot dispute his tax cut plan on the rich by citing NOT EVEN ONE example of reducing loopholes and deductions. He even said that economists can't say that he plans to add 5 trillion, just because "he says" he wont add to the deficit with his tax plan. Well if you give no examples, 100% of people can still say that's whats going to happen, because youve provided no information during any juncture of his campaign.

The entire economy/tax portion of the debate was ruined by the fact that Lehrer not once held either candidate accountable to facts. He did nothing to challenge them, especially Romney, who is trying to "reform" everything.

and btw, i dont care if Obama is "cool"....how the hell is he cool? Cuz he's black? lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Romney cannot dispute his tax cut plan on the rich by citing NOT EVEN ONE example of reducing loopholes and deductions. He even said that economists can't say that he plans to add 5 trillion, just because "he says" he wont add to the deficit with his tax plan. Well if you give no examples, 100% of people can still say that's whats going to happen, because youve provided no information during any juncture of his campaign.

The entire economy/tax portion of the debate was ruined by the fact that Lehrer not once held either candidate accountable to facts. He did nothing to challenge them, especially Romney, who is trying to "reform" everything.

and btw, i dont care if Obama is "cool"....how the hell is he cool? Cuz he's black? lol
    glad youre finally catching on.

+ Reply to Thread