+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    fairly accurate I suppose.

Romney is so out of touch with reality that he thinks middle class make up to $250,000+ annually

am I a doctor? lol
    lol So does Obama if you listen to him campaign.

Veteran
    fairly accurate I suppose. Romney is so out of touch with reality that he thinks middle class make up to $250,000+ annuallyam I a doctor? lol
    It's also about life style. a single male with two roommates making 70k compared to a family of 5 making 120k, things like that

Veteran
    Anyway, I'm not going to go much further into politics. Mainly because i'm not educated on the subject, and it is not meant to be talked about here. Obviously it gets overlooked on this thread, but I still don't like to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Anyway, I'm not going to go much further into politics. Mainly because i'm not educated on the subject, and it is not meant to be talked about here. Obviously it gets overlooked on this thread, but I still don't like to do it.

actually, i'm with you.....but with all the republicans in here, and with Matt constantly being MIA, they attack the independant liberals. lol
    (that and i like to say things that make them post 6 paragraphs, lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    lol So does Obama if you listen to him campaign.
    Like..."raising taxes on the wealthy will help the economy".
    Now that's.... "out of touch"
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

actually, i'm with you.....but with all the republicans in here, and with Matt constantly being MIA, they attack the independant liberals. lol
    (that and i like to say things that make them post 6 paragraphs, lol
    I'm not a republican. I'm a small government conservative with Libertarian leanings. I have voted for plenty of Dems in my life.

All-Pro
    Romney cannot dispute his tax cut plan on the rich by citing NOT EVEN ONE example of reducing loopholes and deductions. He even said that economists can't say that he plans to add 5 trillion, just because "he says" he wont add to the deficit with his tax plan. Well if you give no examples, 100% of people can still say that's whats going to happen, because youve provided no information during any juncture of his campaign.
    He explained why he wasn't going to detail which loop holes and deductions he was going to close, he can't possibly know which ones the congress and the senate will allow through, he's being responsible, he's not making promises he can't keep, Obama promised the world during his campaign and couldn't deliver it, Romney is telling you what he plans to do and how he's going to go about it, but he's not making specific promises because it's not up to "the president" alone to make these decisions he has to work with congress and the senate.

That said he did present a few options for loop holes and deductions to close and get rid of during the debate last night...clearly you missed that part.

The entire economy/tax portion of the debate was ruined by the fact that Lehrer not once held either candidate accountable to facts. He did nothing to challenge them, especially Romney, who is trying to "reform" everything.
    don't you agree we need reform? or are you ok with the highest unemployment numbers and the slowest economy in decades? is the economy as it is now what you want for your children?

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    He explained why he wasn't going to detail which loop holes and deductions he was going to close, he can't possibly know which ones the congress and the senate will allow through, he's being responsible, he's not making promises he can't keep, Obama promised the world during his campaign and couldn't deliver it, Romney is telling you what he plans to do and how he's going to go about it, but he's not making specific promises because it's not up to "the president" alone to make these decisions he has to work with congress and the senate.

That said he did present a few options for loop holes and deductions to close and get rid of during the debate last night...clearly you missed that part.

don't you agree we need reform? or are you ok with the highest unemployment numbers and the slowest economy in decades? is the economy as it is now what you want for your children?
    He said that he would simply limit the amount of deductions you can take when you have a higher income.

All-Pro
    You do realize that by reducing rates by 20% youre already adding to the deficit, right? In fact it would *gasp* cut $5trillion in revenue!! =O
    You do realize that you are incorrect here right? (apparently not) when you reduce rates you put more money into the pockets of the consumer, they buy more stuff...stuff which generally has sales tax connected to it, reducing rates INCREASES Revenue...it doesn't generally reduce it.

I'd like to know how tax loopholes are going to add that much money to counter. No really, do we have examples yet?
    He can not tell you which loop holes are going to be closed...that's up to congress and the senate...all he can do is advise them to concentrate on closing them....that's the point, Obama promised things that he didn't have the power to accomplish during his campaign .... Romney is not doing that...and that's a good thing, he's NOT misleading people like Obama did.

All-Pro
    Romney is so out of touch with reality that he thinks middle class make up to $250,000+ annually

am I a doctor? lol
    That's really not inaccurate Pizz.

Taxes are based on household incomes and for example, My parents (who live literally down the street from the Place MMB used to live) make over 250K annually.

they are not rich, they have to save for things they want they have to pay bills in portion not full every time...they are far from rich, but they are considered rich by Obama.

and that's not even taking into account that many small business's are taxed under personal income tax rates, if you own your own business and your total income for the year is say 400k (so say you profit perhaps 50-60K) you would be considered rich....I don't know about you, but 50-60k in NYC is not rich in my opinion...they should not be paying 50%+ of their income to the government.

Lower the tax rates creates jobs and increases revenue in one fell swoop, the problem Obama has with it is that it wouldn't be the Federal Government coming in to save everyone...in fact it would be the opposite...and that's totally against his morals and Ideals.

Obama believes the government is there to save everyone.
    Romney believes the government is there to help everyone save themselves.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 01:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread