+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He said that he would simply limit the amount of deductions you can take when you have a higher income.
    Define higher income

see how I can make Daven post 1 short story after I post 15 words? =]
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    He said that he would simply limit the amount of deductions you can take when you have a higher income.
    He offered that as an option yes, but he went on to say that it is literally impossible to give specifics on any type of plan right now, because he has to work with both aisles in Congress and in the Senate...there are going to have to be compromises, if he goes in there and just demands his plan be passed you can damn well believe the Dem's will stop the plan with everything they have just like the Republican's stopped Obama's...because honestly it's the right thing to do....their needs to be compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Define higher income
    According to who? Obama says $250,000 is "the rich". I suppose it depends on who you talk to.
    My point is that it is very sound economics to reduce rates AND deductions. It should also be revenue neutral. Our complex tax code is making us more and more uncompetitive in the global economy. Obama had a chance to make real tax reform when he had the Congress in his pocket for 2 years.
    He NOW says he wants to do all these kinds of things yet me had his chance and didn't make a single proposal for tax simplicity.
    You had your shot Uncle Barack and blew it. Next man up!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Define higher income
    this is the problem lawl, you can't define higher income because it's going to be compromised between democratic and republican representatives before it ever gets to the president, what Romney could say is something like, I will not allow a bill to pass that does not limit the deductions on people making more then 500K a year...but he can not give a number or define high income people because it's not up to him.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    this is the problem lawl, you can't define higher income because it's going to be compromised between democratic and republican representatives before it ever gets to the president, what Romney could say is something like, I will not allow a bill to pass that does not limit the deductions on people making more then 500K a year...but he can not give a number or define high income people because it's not up to him.
    So by saying higher income, he is not truly saying anything.

Veteran
    According to who? Obama says $250,000 is "the rich". I suppose it depends on who you talk to.My point is that it is very sound economics to reduce rates AND deductions. It should also be revenue neutral. Our complex tax code is making us more and more uncompetitive in the global economy. Obama had a chance to make real tax reform when he had the Congress in his pocket for 2 years.He NOW says he wants to do all these kinds of things yet me had his chance and didn't make a single proposal for tax simplicity.You had your shot Uncle Barack and blew it. Next man up!
    That's my point. You said he said higher income as if it's a great thing but you don't even know what he means when he says higher, because he doesn't even know. These guy say broad words like lower, higher, middle. And because of the ambiguity of these terms, they aren't actually saying anything worthwhile

Im surprised that while Obama was talking about job growth Romney didnt mention that Obama hasnt met with his jobs council in months....He also skips Intel reports from around the world. Hes so damn incompetent its sickening. Maybe next debate.

That's my point. You said he said higher income as if it's a great thing but you don't even know what he means when he says higher, because he doesn't even know. These guy say broad words like lower, higher, middle. And because of the ambiguity of these terms, they aren't actually saying anything worthwhile
    I agree with what youre saying but I think Romney has a number in mind, but like Daven said, he doesnt want to promise something he cant keep his word on

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    That's really not inaccurate Pizz.

Taxes are based on household incomes and for example, My parents (who live literally down the street from the Place MMB used to live) make over 250K annually.

they are not rich, they have to save for things they want they have to pay bills in portion not full every time...they are far from rich, but they are considered rich by Obama.

and that's not even taking into account that many small business's are taxed under personal income tax rates, if you own your own business and your total income for the year is say 400k (so say you profit perhaps 50-60K) you would be considered rich....I don't know about you, but 50-60k in NYC is not rich in my opinion...they should not be paying 50%+ of their income to the government.

Lower the tax rates creates jobs and increases revenue in one fell swoop, the problem Obama has with it is that it wouldn't be the Federal Government coming in to save everyone...in fact it would be the opposite...and that's totally against his morals and Ideals.

Obama believes the government is there to save everyone.
    Romney believes the government is there to help everyone save themselves.
    I cant even relate to your family's income, sorry if this comes across ****ish. We live in an area with some of the most outrageous property and school taxes in the northeast, and my family makes nowhere near that. 250k is VERY comfortable....and if people think otherwise, maybe they should rethink lifestyle choices.

And you dont have to explain how taxes and tax brackets work. I get it....lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread