+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Valentine got fired. GRATS YO!!! lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    That's my point. You said he said higher income as if it's a great thing but you don't even know what he means when he says higher, because he doesn't even know. These guy say broad words like lower, higher, middle. And because of the ambiguity of these terms, they aren't actually saying anything worthwhile
    I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that the term is broad, but what I'm trying to tell you is that he can not be specific without promising something that is outside of his power.

he can set some guidelines for what he "thinks" is higher income...but in the end it's not for him to decide...it's for republican and democratic congressman and senators to decide.

they will come up with a number (to simplify it lol) for the bill, they will send the bill to Romney/Obama to sign....now it's up to them whether they want to let that pass or not.

the salient point isn't the exact number at which point Obama/Romney thinks someone is rich because their opinion doesn't really matter all that much, the point is what they are planing to do with people who are and/or aren't rich.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Valentine got fired. GRATS YO!!! lol
    Redsox management "AAAAAAND the season over, **** you, ya fired." lmao.

All-Pro
    And you dont have to explain how taxes and tax brackets work. I get it....lol
    apparently you don't, my mother is going to be forced to quit her job soon even though she doesn't want to because her 60-70k a year puts the household income into a higher tax bracket...that bracket is so much higher that if she chooses not to work...and they drop to the lower bracket...they actually take home more money then if she was working.

and trust me Pizz, 250k is NOT comfortable when you have a family living in NY...it's doable..but far from comfortable.

I'm under the assumption that you understand that in NY 250k a year = somewhere around 100-110k take home for the entire year....Kids+Mortgage+Gas....and just general every day life things like groceries and health care....it all adds up and makes 110K seem uncomfortable for a 5 person family, I'm not saying there aren't people worse off...but a family making between 250-300k in NY is nowhere even remotely close to "rich"
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-04-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    apparently you don't, my mother is going to be forced to quit her job soon even though she doesn't want to because her 60-70k a year puts the household income into a higher tax bracket...that bracket is so much higher that if she chooses not to work...and they drop to the lower bracket...they actually take home more money then if she was working.

and trust me Pizz, 250k is NOT comfortable when you have a family living in NY...it's doable..but far from comfortable.
    especially a small business. 250k before overhead is not a lot at all.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    especially a small business. 250k before overhead is not a lot at all.
    Exactly, like I said before, you could show a income of 400-or-500K a year if you own a small business but only 75-100K of that (or less) will be take home $$$ the rest will be going towards other employees, the building, advertising and whatever else you need to stay in business....yet you'll get taxes as though you where taking all 500k of it home.

I'm under the assumption that you understand that in NY 250k a year = somewhere around 100-110k take home for the entire year....Kids+Mortgage+Gas....and just general every day life things like groceries and health care....it all adds up and makes 110K seem uncomfortable for a 5 person family, I'm not saying there aren't people worse off...but a family making between 250-300k in NY is nowhere even remotely close to "rich"
    If you listen to Obama, you would think that anyone making $250 or more should be wearing a top hat and monocle.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I've lived in NY all 29 years, my 2 parents combine for less than 90k income(my mom makes less than I do by alot, but shes not a skilled worker), 3 sons living under their roof(well, me, on and off for the past 10 but i pay my mother to live at home)....7k annual prop/school tax on less than a quarter acre, and then of course income tax, and I dont want to even take a stab as to what that equates to in disposable income. so it would appear that even your view is slightly skewed in that respect.

I didnt say rich...i said comfortable.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

wow, i just realized that it's possible that neither of you can relate to a normal living situation of people like my family....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

wow, i just realized that it's possible that neither of you can relate to a normal living situation of people like my family....
    Why?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread