+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #138301
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,650
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I have wallace, hes putting up plenty of points.
    apparently he's under performing :P

  2. #138302
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Mitt Romney..

    lolz...

    u guys got really excited after round 1 too...

    Obama is an Eli guy... another 4 - just like i told you

    and will tell u agian after u try and pretend that Romney has a shot...

  3. #138303
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Mitt Romney..

    lolz...

    u guys got really excited after round 1 too...

    Obama is an Eli guy... another 4 - just like i told you

    and will tell u agian after u try and pretend that Romney has a shot...
    Romney will win FL, VA, NC, OH, Iowa, Nev, Colo, NM and maybe Wisc.

    You are underestimating the enthusiasm gap. Dems are voting, holding their noses, many staying home, and GOP folks will come out in droves to rid the country of Obama.
    Be prepared Matt.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #138304
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Mitt Romney..

    lolz...

    u guys got really excited after round 1 too...

    Obama is an Eli guy... another 4 - just like i told you

    and will tell u agian after u try and pretend that Romney has a shot...
    Romney was up 6 points on the liberal gallup poll yesterday. I dont think he will win Ohio like Mh suggested but I dont think hell have to.

  5. #138305
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Mitt Romney..

    lolz...

    u guys got really excited after round 1 too...

    Obama is an Eli guy... another 4 - just like i told you

    and will tell u agian after u try and pretend that Romney has a shot...
    And the last debate is on foreign policy, which is not good for Obama.
    Ughh Im still mad about the other night. Romney had him dead to rights and that stupid moderator interrupted.

  6. #138306
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    And the last debate is on foreign policy, which is not good for Obama.
    Ughh Im still mad about the other night. Romney had him dead to rights and that stupid moderator interrupted.
    Its going to be a very close election. The overconfidence of nice folks like Matt is misplaced. The enthusiasm gap could be a huge factor.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #138307
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its going to be a very close election. The overconfidence of nice folks like Matt is misplaced. The enthusiasm gap could be a huge factor.
    I just hate the whole thing right now, I know it has to be done, but I hate seeing people I care about and respect refuse to acknowledge that there is "spin" on both sides.

    people literally think Romney is some sort of misogynist now because 90% of the media latched onto one comment (binders full of women)

    Before this one plenty of people that I care about and who are otherwise intelligent actually "believe" that Romney's out to hurt poor people....that he wants to "steal" your social security and medicare.

    the idea that Romney is any of that is so absolutely ridiculous that only an dullard would give it a second thought...that said a large portion of people I know who are otherwise intelligent believe these things....

    I hate Election season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

    I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible.

    Discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  8. #138308
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I just hate the whole thing right now, I know it has to be done, but I hate seeing people I care about and respect refuse to acknowledge that there is "spin" on both sides.

    people literally think Romney is some sort of misogynist now because 90% of the media latched onto one comment (binders full of women)

    Before this one plenty of people that I care about and who are otherwise intelligent actually "believe" that Romney's out to hurt poor people....that he wants to "steal" your social security and medicare.

    the idea that Romney is any of that is so absolutely ridiculous that only an dullard would give it a second thought...that said a large portion of people I know who are otherwise intelligent believe these things....

    I hate Election Season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

    I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible, discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
    The media is obsessed with this kind of thing but the voters don't give a **** about it. Don't fret. The election will be about the future of the country, not about Binders or 47%.
    Get well soon 80.

  9. #138309
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The media is obsessed with this kind of thing but the voters don't give a **** about it. Don't fret. The election will be about the future of the country, not about Binders or 47%.
    I wish you were right....but from the conversations I've had with friends and acquaintances I know you are wrong, at least in my area...maybe it's because I'm younger and from a different area...but there are quite a few people that I've talked to about this election who genuinely believe this bull**** and they tell me it's effecting their vote.

    like the gun toting conservative women I work with that is choosing to vote for Obama because she's afraid that Romney is against women's rights and is going to send us back to the 50's

    this is a 50 year old women working in the electrical engineering field, she is not an idiot....but her choice, to vote for Obama even though she disagrees with him on the vast majority of important issues simply because she's afriad Romney hates women, is an idiotic act.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 10-19-2012 at 12:41 PM.

  10. #138310
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,872
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I just hate the whole thing right now, I know it has to be done, but I hate seeing people I care about and respect refuse to acknowledge that there is "spin" on both sides.

    people literally think Romney is some sort of misogynist now because 90% of the media latched onto one comment (binders full of women)

    Before this one plenty of people that I care about and who are otherwise intelligent actually "believe" that Romney's out to hurt poor people....that he wants to "steal" your social security and medicare.

    the idea that Romney is any of that is so absolutely ridiculous that only an dullard would give it a second thought...that said a large portion of people I know who are otherwise intelligent believe these things....

    I hate Election season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

    I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible.

    Discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
    I know exactly what you mean. My second cousin just came out, and shes on this gay rights kick and of course pro Obama. I support her decision 100%, but spare me the "Obama is the only one who cares about gays and minorities." Really? Why it take so long for him to "evolve" and support gay marriage. Why it take so long for him to support the dream act? How come he claims to be for womens rights and his female staff makes 18% less than his male staff? Its not because an elections coming up is, I tell her. And she just refuses to listen. I would respect her opinion much more if she said "You know Reps really havnt done anything for gay rights. Even though hedid itfor reelection, at least its getting something done." And now, like you mentioned with the binders, "Thats all we are to republicans, pieces of meat." To which I quickly shot back " Are you mad he wasnt caught in the act like weiner spitzer, edwards, clinton, shall I keep going?" lol
    I try my best but its like talking to a wall. They really think the right is out to suppress them.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts