+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    I think our emergency personal have better things to do right now honestly...but whatever not my call.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its taking away from the relief efforts. Do you realize how much police and other services that are required for an undertaking that large? It could be postponed for a week or two.
    Either way, it doesn't have anything to do with quitting. Its going to start in Staten Island where there is little or no power. To me, its poorly placed priorities.
    I don't know....I dont think I can agree. You can't just cancel everything because it interferes with the relief effort. People need to know that things will get back to normal.

From the other perspective, I could kind of see how people might think we're ignoring the problems.....but..... that's just not what's happening.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

To be clear:
    I see it from both sides. In fact, if it was rescheduled a month away from now, I wouldn't have even paid attention to it.

But since it's stirring up alot of controversy, I'd play devil's advocate.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    I don't know....I dont think I can agree. You can't just cancel everything because it interferes with the relief effort. People need to know that things will get back to normal.

From the other perspective, I could kind of see how people might think we're ignoring the problems.....but..... that's just not what's happening.
    It kind of is what's happening, we really need to get back to normalcy before hosting any "events"

I dont know if anyone checks here on the weeknd. But i was seeing if anyone was going to the game tmrw. My cousin called me, he got stuck in RI where he goes to school, and my uncle has tickets, so I might roll out with him.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

good thing global warming doesn't exist - or else this storm might of gotten out of hand

and on another note of self destruction:

did the yanks really offer Swisher? uhg

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    good thing global warming doesn't exist - or else this storm might of gotten out of hand
    Just so you know Matt....while the Atlantic is warmer than usual right now, the Pacific is cooler than normal.
    The notion that "global warming" caused the storm is leftist hysteria.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

There has been a huge change in the climate though. You have to admit....
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    and on another note of self destruction:

did the yanks really offer Swisher? uhg
    Yes, but as far as I know, these are the deals that HAVE to get sent to players, to ensure that if the players sign elsewhere, the yankees get compensated with draft picks.
    Swisher, Soriano, and Kuroda were all given these deals. Only Kuroda will likely sign, since it's actually a deal for him. Swisher won't sign, he cant. he wants more than 1 year, and im sure he thinks he's worth more. i'd like to think the yanks consider him gone ( i know I'd like him to be).

We need Soriano. If'were spending $ this year, part of it has to be on him. Mo is hinting at retirement, and I dont trust anyone else to step in as closer but Soriano.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread