+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

ohhhh you twoo

ill be back in a bit. going to go wait on line for gas for a few hours.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    I'm not even going to talk to you today.....if you dont know what it's like to play with some sort of chip on your shoulder, than its obvious to me that youve only played golf in your life.
    you should be playing with a chip on your shoulder all the time, the loss shouldn't put it there, it should already be there pezzy

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you should be playing with a chip on your shoulder all the time, the loss shouldn't put it there, it should already be there pezzy
    yea well...thats not the way it works Daven. ask coaches, pros, former pros....there's a difference between going out and playing, and going out and playing with fire. if you think athletes always give 110%, youre fooling yourself.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    yea well...thats not the way it works Daven. ask coaches, pros, former pros....there's a difference between going out and playing, and going out and playing with fire. if you think athletes always give 110%, youre fooling yourself.
    Thats right JP a lot of things can affect a teams/players motivation... Its unrealistic to think otherwise they are human...everybody needs a kick in the *** once in awhile or a wake up call I agree I think they bonce back this week play a better game then last week......if they don't they suck

Its not the effort, its the execution. I expect athletes that get paid millions to play a game should perform 110% all the time

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Its not the effort, its the execution. I expect athletes that get paid millions to play a game should perform 110% all the time
    you always say that....broken record.

We couldn't even tackle last week. You know what that is? lack of effort. We made a backup RB look like a future hall of famer.

Now, on offense, that's lack of execution. Unless youre Bradshaw, in which case you dont even have the ability....

our O-line could have been having career days, and we wouldnt have known. lol
    Last edited by JPizzack; 11-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I expect athletes that get paid millions to play a game should perform 110% all the time
    expectations don't equate to reality. and to think so is pretty ridiculous. as a realist, i understand we're not going to win every week. But fans always EXPECT their players to go out and win.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

expectations don't equate to reality. and to think so is pretty ridiculous. as a realist, i understand we're not going to win every week. But fans always EXPECT their players to go out and win.
    Right...So a road game in Cincy is far more motivating than a home game, in front of fans who have been devastated by a Hurricane, against the Steelers,
    There are only 16 games. The effort and "shoulder chip" shouldn't vary. Its not like its baseball.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Right...So a road game in Cincy is far more motivating than a home game, in front of fans who have been devastated by a Hurricane, against the Steelers,There are only 16 games. The effort and "shoulder chip" shouldn't vary. Its not like its baseball.
    It shouldn't, but it does.

+ Reply to Thread