+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Hakeem Nicks on his sub-par numbers: "Stats are for girls."

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Combine the election result to a few dopes gloating like its a sporting event and I'm no one anyone wants to be around. I will kill before the month is out.
    I came to scary realization today, looking back over the last year, year and a half, I think unemployment is why Obama won, the more people who are unemployed the more people will vote for things like Government Run Health care and increased unemployment benefits food stamps etc etc etc....social programs right? because the more people who are unemployed the more people are going to need those problems.

you and me morehead...we know the way out is to have a job..and we both have jobs, what people without jobs want is relief from the situation, to them Romney talking about social programs being cut...it makes them feel insecure..like he's going to take something away from them, they don't understand that the cuts in programs like those won't have any effect on them at all and that the cuts will also allow for lower taxes and thus more jobs...eventually getting them much needed jobs that will get them out of the situation they are in....but they can't think like that, all they can think about is how they need help "right now" and that's the social programs Obama is pushing.

The problem with that is Obama (and the Democratic party in general) support these social programs way more then republicans...and because they do it actually benefits the Democratic side if more and more people become unemployed, it's a GOOD thing for democrats for unemployment to go up....it sounds crazy but that seems to be the case.

TL : DR version for Pezz and others.

Republican's want to cure unemployment so Social Programs aren't needed (or at least not as much)
    Democrat's want to make it so Social Programs can support everyone who needs them.

the problem is, Democratic ideals don't "solve" the situation, they just make the situation more bearable short term, while bankrupting the country, It actually benefits Democrat's to "create" unemployment...and as we all know politicians will do "anything" to gain an advantage.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 11-08-2012 at 04:31 PM.

I have a job. Same one for 7.5 years now. That said, I don't see how helping people who don't have what I do is a bad thing. Your assumption is that people are lazy and just want handouts. That's quite a reach. Of course there ARE leaches on society, but to generalize the masses into one stereotype is uhh....not very nice of you, and pretty insulting to anyone who might have needed assistance at any point.

Jobs are being created. Clearly it's not an overnight process. You speak as if the democrats ruined the economy, and losing people's jobs FOR THEM, and that businesses had no part of it.

**** man....what would you do if you lost your job, couldnt get another, and your parents were in the same situation, and you had nothing to fall back on? I mean, do you even have a plan as to what you would do? What if it happened to JUST your parents? If you couldn't support them wouldnt you want to know that there was SOMETHING you were essentially paying for that could help them if you couldn't? Or do you just tell your parents "that sucks....better start flipping burgers, and live in my basement..."

idk man....i think alot of ppl just never realize how good they have it. We as a country are much better off helping people who need it, KNOWING that there are going to be ppl who abuse the system, than just doing nothing at all for the people who legitimately need help.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Hakeem Nicks on his sub-par numbers: "Stats are for girls."
    lol
    JP on Hakeem Nicks' statement about his numbers,"Get open, buddy..."
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    I have a job. Same one for 7.5 years now. That said, I don't see how helping people who don't have what I do is a bad thing.
    It's not, when we can afford to do it, right now the money that goes towards helping people is being taken from business's those business's can not hire people because they have to pay for these social programs, it's a chicken or the egg situation, if the social programs weren't taking so much money from these companies then these companies would be hiring more people and less people would need these social programs.

Your assumption is that people are lazy and just want handouts.
    Just stop Pezz, nobody believes this, this is just propaganda, this is what they tell you we think, no one actually believes that so stop acting like anyone does.

You speak as if the democrats ruined the economy, and losing people's jobs FOR THEM, and that businesses had no part of it.
    All I'm saying is that it's beneficial for their re-elections for less people to have jobs...so it would make sense for them to put policies in place that would make it difficult for Companies to hire...and that seems to be what has been happening for the last 4 years.

**** man....what would you do if you lost your job, couldnt get another, and your parents were in the same situation, and you had nothing to fall back on? I mean, do you even have a plan as to what you would do? What if it happened to JUST your parents? If you couldn't support them wouldnt you want to know that there was SOMETHING you were essentially paying for that could help them if you couldn't? Or do you just tell your parents "that sucks....better start flipping burgers, and live in my basement..."
    It could not happen, I would always be able to find a job so this is an impossible situation, that's not me being conceited either, I've held over 10 different jobs over the course of my working life and have gotten every single job I wanted I've also been offered jobs as recently as last year from other companies and turned them down just because it couldn't happen to me or anyone in my family doesn't mean I don't feel for the people it can happen to though.

idk man....i think alot of ppl just never realize how good they have it. We as a country are much better off helping people who need it, KNOWING that there are going to be ppl who abuse the system, than just doing nothing at all for the people who legitimately need help.
    what you don't understand Pezz is that I WANT to help people, I want to help people really badly...but the way to help them is to get them jobs...not give them food stamps.

Food Stamps/Welfare/Health care...these are the REASONS jobs are being lost and less jobs are being created.

Romney wanted to help these people out of the situation they are in, he wanted to make it so less people were dependent on the government systems.

Obama (and Dem's in Washington) want as many people as possible to be unemployed...because when they are unemployed they are dependent on welfare and food stamps...**** is like heroin, Dem's push the heroin (social programs) to keep people under their control, they do this at the expense of jobs...if they didn't push the social programs so hard then companies would have more money...to hire more people...thus fewer people would need the social programs...fewer people dependent on social programs means fewer guaranteed votes to the Dem's though, so as long as they are in control it won't happen...Job Growth is Democratic kryptonite.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 11-08-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    dems want as many people as possible to be unemployed...because when they are unemployed they are dependent on welfare and food stamps...**** is like heroin, Dem's push the heroin (social programs) to keep people under their control, they do this at the expense of jobs...if they didn't push the social programs so hard then companies would have more money...to hire more people...thus fewer people would need the social programs...fewer people dependent on social programs means fewer guaranteed votes to the Dem's though, so as long as they are in control it won't happen...Job Growth is Democratic kryptonite.
    and you called my post propaganda? wow lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I have a job. Same one for 7.5 years now. That said, I don't see how helping people who don't have what I do is a bad thing. Your assumption is that people are lazy and just want handouts. That's quite a reach. Of course there ARE leaches on society, but to generalize the masses into one stereotype is uhh....not very nice of you, and pretty insulting to anyone who might have needed assistance at any point.

Jobs are being created. Clearly it's not an overnight process. You speak as if the democrats ruined the economy, and losing people's jobs FOR THEM, and that businesses had no part of it.

Jobs are NOT being created.
    It takes 150,000 new jobs every month to keep up with population growth.
    There have been about 4MM new jobs created since the tunraround. Not since Obama because president, those nukbers are horrific.
    So it takes 1.8MM/year to break even and in the last 3 1/2 years they have averaged 95,000 jobs.
    Now combine that with the historical facts that after a recession , jobs increase at a much greater rate.
    In a normal economy we should have about 200,000 new jobs average per month. In a recovery that number should be about 400,000.
    Obama's numbers are 95,000.
    Its a horrific record.
    Get well soon 80.

is it too early to start Obama 2016 posters?

All-Pro
    and you called my post propaganda? wow lol
    no one has suggested to me that this is the case, It's just my opinion on what I see, you are repeating talking points thus propoganda...I'm just calling it like I see it, maybe I'm wrong but all the evidence points towards my conclusion...at least that's how I see it.

+ Reply to Thread