+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    I'm willign to bet it took bush til he was 12 to learn how to do something like tie his damn shoes.

He's like the walking example of why politicians need handlers.
    you would lose a lot of money then Pezz, Bush is likely as smart if not smarter then you and I, but on top of that did you know that truly smart people, the smartest people we have...make terrible politicians?

why? well it's actually quite interesting why but I'm going to just link you to the article instead of giving you the TL/DR

http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/bush/bush-iq-myth.html

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think W was a bad President. But I also think he was a highly intelligent man. But he plunged us into a foolheardy war in Iraq and gave us an unfunded Medicare part D burden.
    We got rid of a ruthless dictator and replaced him with a somewhat functional government. Sectarian violence is way down. Imagine we never invaded, there would be a nuclear arms race between Iraq and Iran with two tyrannical dictators leading both countries. We should have finished what we started during the first Gulf War, when the whole world supported us 110%. Anyway, imo the worlds a better place without Saddam

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you would lose a lot of money then Pezz, Bush is likely as smart if not smarter then you and I, but on top of that did you know that truly smart people, the smartest people we have...make terrible politicians?

why? well it's actually quite interesting why but I'm going to just link you to the article instead of giving you the TL/DR

http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/bush/bush-iq-myth.html
    lol fine...hes got the IQ, but in this case, that tells me nothing.

I know im not alone on this....there are 2 ppl in the past 20 years that I looked at, and thought "why in the holy hell are we letting people like this run for office?!?!!"
    Dubya, and Palin.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 11-20-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

lol fine...hes got the IQ.

I know im not alone on this....there are 2 ppl in the past 20 years that I looked at, and thought "why in the holy hell are we letting people like this run for office?!?!!"
    Dubya, and Palin.
    Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo didnt cross your mind??

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo didnt cross your mind??
    I didn't vote for any of them, but yes, Pelosi makes the list. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    I didn't vote for any of them, but yes, Pelosi makes the list. lol
    Many times they are instructed by their advisers to look and sound stupid Pezz...because many times they are meeting and talking to stupid people and they want those people to be able to "relate" to them, that way they'll get their votes.

notice how most politicians running for office will also change their accent/dialect to match where they are speaking?

for example speaking with a southern drawl when talking in the south or a more Bostonian? accent up in Boston.

Bush looked like an idiot because his advisers told him the best way to win votes was to act like "the common man" or "someone you would have a beer with" so that's what he did...and it made him look stupid to you and me Pezz but to A LOT of people across America he reminded them of a friend so to speak and that actually prompted them to vote for him...consciously or unconsciously.

Many times they are instructed by their advisers to look and sound stupid Pezz...because many times they are meeting and talking to stupid people and they want those people to be able to "relate" to them, that way they'll get their votes.

notice how most politicians running for office will also change their accent/dialect to match where they are speaking?

for example speaking with a southern drawl when talking in the south or a more Bostonian? accent up in Boston.

Bush looked like an idiot because his advisers told him the best way to win votes was to act like "the common man" or "someone you would have a beer with" so that's what he did...and it made him look stupid to you and me Pezz but to A LOT of people across America he reminded them of a friend so to speak and that actually prompted them to vote for him...consciously or unconsciously.
    wow, republican politicians really are stupid....lol

edit - i just really need to get this stuff out of my system....but honestly, I doubt I'll stop =P
    Last edited by JPizzack; 11-20-2012 at 04:04 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    wow, republican politicians really are stupid....lol

edit - i just really need to get this stuff out of my system....but honestly, I doubt I'll stop =P
    Democrats do it too, you ever hear Obama's speeches in predominately black/religious southern area's? so much ebonics it's crazy, literally sounds like a thug at times, but when he's outside of that and on TV he speaks eloquently in most occasions because he knows whose watching what.

Hilary Clinton did the same thing...listening to her try to pull off a southern drawl with a splash of ebonics is literally one of the funniest thing I've heard in years.

Pezz if your really interested in this point look up "code-switching" that's what they call this....and ALL politicians and generally all people do it.

I talk differently to my Boss at work then I do to my friends when I'm hanging out, the point is Obama is better at sounding like his audience then Romney for example.

to me that doesn't mean anything but to the electorate(aka voters) over all it matters A LOT, in fact Obama's ability to sound like his audience is probably more important to him getting elected then any of his actual policies to be honest..

nobody seems to care about policies anymore.

Bush got elected because "you could drink a beer with him"
    Obama got re-elected because "he's a cool dude"

it sounds absolutely ******ed...and is ******ed....but that doesn't change the fact that it's still true.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 11-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Bush got elected because "you could drink a beer with him"
    Obama got re-elected because "he's a cool dude"
    fuuuuuck that!!! lol

I would get ****faced with my buddies and verbally destroy someone like Bush =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

gotta go. later
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread