+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "The rich" are small business owners who employ 65% of working Americans.

These guys think that they are wall street tycoons who where top hats and monocles. The "hate the rich" campaign worked in this election. People love to blame someone else for their problems and the Dem's gave the masses their boogie man. (or men)
    Voters are gullible .
    maybe we need some numbers on who is rich and who is not does it start with an income of 250,000 ? where? I ran a small business for 25 years signed many contracts with the banks....never had a full time employee...I did subcontract a lot of people over the years, plumbers ,drywall guys ,electricians, ect.. all of these guys were like me, some father and son teams and such...self employed business owners....that's small business to me....While the business was good to me I'm a long way from being rich....I made a decent living saved a little money that's all ...while this last collapse of banks and such didn't put most of the guys I used out it sure hurt their bank accounts....
    So forgive me for not being clear i my previous post about the rich ....I don't give two ****s about politics and I don't have to be told to dislike the rich... I've dealt with a few and they are the worst to work with... imo....and that's a whole other subject...but whatever you go ahead and judge people call them uneducated gullible fools if you want......I can tell you this the rich have been lining their pockets of the backs and lives of these same people forever with little care about their problems....There is a whole world of American workers out there MH many struggling to feed their families on the wages these rich cats pay .....these politians need to be locked in a room till they come up with a compromised plans that are good for all the people of this country....do their jobs ....

Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Not yet. Cant wait though. 90 mins, right?
    Yea it was good. ****s about to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    maybe we need some numbers on who is rich and who is not does it start with an income of 250,000 ? where? I ran a small business for 25 years signed many contracts with the banks....never had a full time employee...I did subcontract a lot of people over the years, plumbers ,drywall guys ,electricians, ect.. all of these guys were like me, some father and son teams and such...self employed business owners....that's small business to me....While the business was good to me I'm a long way from being rich....I made a decent living saved a little money that's all ...while this last collapse of banks and such didn't put most of the guys I used out it sure hurt their bank accounts....
    So forgive me for not being clear i my previous post about the rich ....I don't give two ****s about politics and I don't have to be told to dislike the rich... I've dealt with a few and they are the worst to work with... imo....and that's a whole other subject...but whatever you go ahead and judge people call them uneducated gullible fools if you want......I can tell you this the rich have been lining their pockets of the backs and lives of these same people forever with little care about their problems....There is a whole world of American workers out there MH many struggling to feed their families on the wages these rich cats pay .....these politians need to be locked in a room till they come up with a compromised plans that are good for all the people of this country....do their jobs ....
    ^ lawyered.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    The problem Byron, is that the government right now is trying to tell you that because your business made more gross money then most employee's make gross (without having to pay for contractors and overhead) that YOU are rich. it's not that you guys are uneducated, you simple aren't understanding what we are saying, what we are saying Byron...is that we don't think someone like you who runs your own small business should be considered rich...hated by people and punished through increased taxation.

if you ran a small business like that Byron then you know how wrong it is to tax people who are running small business that are making 250k a year.

I don't know how much your business made...but lets assume you made 150-160k gross a year running your business, net take home you probably took home what 50-60k of that? after paying for materials for your workers, etc etc
    Granted I'm just spit-balling numbers here...

but if you are being taxed as though you make 160k instead of 60k does that make sense?

these people being taxed on 250K.... the MAJORITY of that 250k is already going to employee's to contractors to other types of overhead...they are only really taking home a minority of that money...and yet...even that is apparently too much.

the proposed tax increases spit in the faces of anyone trying to run their own small business, why is our government discouraging small business, that's what I want to know.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 11-21-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Yea it was good. ****s about to get real.
    They don't cover the Juice issue yet do they? The previous episode led me to beleive they would hold off on that.

ehh nevermind...dont tell me anything. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    The problem Byron, is that the government right now is trying to tell you that because your business made more gross money then most employee's make gross (without having to pay for contractors and overhead) that YOU are rich. it's not that you guys are uneducated, you simple aren't understanding what we are saying, what we are saying Byron...is that we don't think someone like you who runs your own small business should be considered rich...hated by people and punished through increased taxation.

if you ran a small business like that Byron then you know how wrong it is to tax people who are running small business that are making 250k a year.

I don't know how much your business made...but lets assume you made 150-160k gross a year running your business, net take home you probably took home what 50-60k of that? after paying for materials for your workers, etc etc
    Granted I'm just spit-balling numbers here...

but if you are being taxed as though you make 160k instead of 60k does that make sense?

these people being taxed on 250K.... the MAJORITY of that 250k is already going to employee's to contractors to other types of overhead...they are only really taking home a minority of that money...and yet...even that is apparently too much.

the proposed tax increases spit in the faces of anyone trying to run their own small business, why is our government discouraging small business, that's what I want to know.
    are you telling me they are going to tax people on there gross before tax right offs !.....come on man!!!

is all spin ,bull ,scare tactics....stop being gullible man !

just playing man... hang on for the ride it will be alright if not well then it won't ....and the dollar won't be worth any thing and we'll all be broke
    Last edited by byron; 11-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFSGhasyHhY
    this little girl is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    what's really sad is that people dont consider equality, rights, and freedoms "real issues"....

"Hate the rich" isn't spin......it's more like "make the rich do their part".....which they dont.
    They don't? The top 2% pay much more than half the taxes.
    From where do you get the claim that they don't pay what they should? Oh Yeah.....Democrat talking points.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Thanks for the lecture Byron. I wouldn't know what its like to be rich.
    I've known people from all income levels and people are just people. I've known ****heads who were poor, middle class and rich. I've known great people who have been poor, middle class and rich.
    This notion that some socio-economic level has a monopoly on human goodness is pure crap.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Thanks for the lecture Byron. I wouldn't know what its like to be rich.
    I've known people from all income levels and people are just people. I've known ****heads who were poor, middle class and rich. I've known great people who have been poor, middle class and rich.
    This notion that some socio-economic level has a monopoly on human goodness is pure crap.
    rich people have a far more entitled attitude than anyone else in society.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread