+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #138981
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,649
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    OHHHH **** NO...you cant pull that argument now!!! Not after saying for god knows how long that this is a different era when QBs are babied, and stats arent everything. I can't believe im even reading this!!!!
    he's trying to Daven...I started looking first was Roethlisberger who of course is not 2/1 either...and I'm sure there are a ton of other current QB's who MH would say are great that this applies to as well...but there is no point it proving him wrong, he's just looking to argue :-P

  2. #138982
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,649
    Hey Morehead, how about Phil Simms!

    199/157 look at that 2/1 ratio right?

  3. #138983
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    he's trying to Daven...I started looking first was Roethlisberger who of course is not 2/1 either...and I'm sure there are a ton of other current QB's who MH would say are great that this applies to as well...but there is no point it proving him wrong, he's just looking to argue :-P
    I'm not doing that at all Scrappy. I'm only saying that a QB in his prime should have a far better ratio.
    Look at all the elite QB's in football today. They are off the charts in that respect.
    This isn't an "Eli sucks" position. But it is of concern to me. Of course its not to you because you wear blinders.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #138984
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Hey Morehead, how about Phil Simms!

    199/157 look at that 2/1 ratio right?
    Shutup Daven....Phil Simms was the greatest football player to ever grace the gridiron.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #138985
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    30,561
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Hey Morehead, how about Phil Simms!

    199/157 look at that 2/1 ratio right?
    Almost in Namaths category in that aspect.

  6. #138986
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Hey Morehead, how about Phil Simms!

    199/157 look at that 2/1 ratio right?
    Please pay attention Daven. In the 80's, that was more than acceptable, It was actually outstanding. Back then if you have more TD's than picks you were ahead of the game.
    In THIS era its not. The rule favor the passing game so much now. The NFL is making it easy to throw the ball. In THIS era, a 2 to 1 ratio is a baseline expectation for a good QB (not great...just good) in his prime.
    And in Eli's case, he's not even improving in this catagory. He's essentially where he was in 2005. I get that Eli is kind of an exception (as is Cutler in my view) because of his ability to win big games and run the two minute drill, but he needs to pick up his efficiency in this regard to meet even minimum standards.
    Get well soon 80.

  7. #138987
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,814
    Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    Shutup Daven....Phil Simms was the greatest football player to ever grace the gridiron.
    That's very Morehead of you to say... lol
    I saw Phil play a good amount of his years, and he was a great player. One of the toughest players I have ever seen. He took hits that took players out for seasons. Hense why he was injured a lot early on in his career. Other then Marino, Elway and Montana Phil had one of the best passes in his era. Great spiral, clean release, great accuracy.
    Last edited by ny06; 11-27-2012 at 02:30 PM.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  8. #138988
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Almost in Namaths category in that aspect.
    If Namath was playing in this era with these rules, he'd be off the friggin charts.
    Get well soon 80.

  9. #138989
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'm not doing that at all Scrappy. I'm only saying that a QB in his prime should have a far better ratio.
    Look at all the elite QB's in football today. They are off the charts in that respect.
    This isn't an "Eli sucks" position. But it is of concern to me. Of course its not to you because you wear blinders.
    You are the one whose wearing glasses MH, hate glasses lol.

    Big Ben
    Phillip Rivers
    Jay Cutler
    Cam Newton
    Tony Romo
    Matt Ryan
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Matt Schaub

    I mean I can keep going MH...there are like 3 or 4 guys who DO have a 2/1 ratio in the NFL (if that)

    what you are expecting is extremely incredibly rare...like 1 in 100+ QB's in this era rare.

  10. #138990
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRScrC9i34
    Watch these throws and tell me that Eli could ever throw the ball like this.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts