+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Your naive position is that its the same system as Tebow's from last year.
    This is the same system that Shanahan has been running for 25 years. He's just added an option wrinkle to it.

Some fans who don't know anything about football actually see an option in a scheme and think they're all the same. Surprised to include Matt in that but there it is.
    I agree with you on the option BUT I noticed that you pointed out how Shannys been running the same scheme for 25 years and added the option to it. Sooooo Kevin has been running the run and shoot for a long time and added the tight end to it but its not a run and shoot anymore? a bit hypocritical, no?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I agree with you on the option BUT I noticed that you pointed out how Shannys been running the same scheme for 25 years and added the option to it. Sooooo Kevin has been running the run and shoot for a long time and added the tight end to it but its not a run and shoot anymore? a bit hypocritical, no?
    KG stopped running the R & S years ago. The last time he ran it, Warren Moon was his QB.
    Get well soon 80.

KG stopped running the R & S years ago. The last time he ran it, Warren Moon was his QB.
    So its not run and shoot because we use some pro and tight end sets? Youre off ya rocker. Its all about the options.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 12-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.

All-Pro
    So its not run and shoot because we use some pro and tight end sets? Youre off ya rocker. Its all about the options.
    KG's offence is an "off shoot" of his offence philosophy....imo there is no way that his offence is not a by-product of his run and shoot foundation !!! take dat

Every offense in the NFL has option routes. That's to counter the complex defenses, OC's see nowadays.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. They don't even run it in college anymore because it was getting QB's killed.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    KG's offence is an "off shoot" of his offence philosophy....imo there is no way that his offence is not a by-product of his run and shoot foundation !!! take dat
    The only "off shoot" of the R & S is the option route, which every NFL team runs.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    The only "off shoot" of the R & S is the option route, which every NFL team runs.
    well there you have it !

So I guess other teams saw how successful it can be and took key parts of it, like we did.

I posted this last year when you fools had this debate.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread