+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    Galaxy Note II

I told everyone I know that's getting me a present to get together and get me that, it's all I want really.
    those are so awesome.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Maybe throw in a puppy. lol nah i have enough animals.
    we're in the process of finding a dog for my mom. but we have to be very specific. We want an American Staffordshire terrier, we want a female, and we need one about a year or 2 old, so we're trying to rescue. Luckily alot of agencies have american staffies cuz they are treated as pitbulls and they are sometimes abandoned and/or abused. So we'd like to rescue one and give it a good home. But we have to make sure my mom can handle it physically cuz her bad back, and we dont want one with health issues cuz the financial burden on my mom would be stressful if it was at the vet on a weekly basis. Staffies are smaller than most pits, so they are easier to manage.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Got an MPAA notice online today for the first time in about 5 years. Guess it's time to step up my pirating game!!

Most people in this scenario would freak out, and stop what they are doing. Not me though. I'm going to stand up to the billion dollar corporations, give them the finger, and download even more of their ****ty *** movies. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by J****ack View Post
    we're in the process of finding a dog for my mom. but we have to be very specific. We want an American Staffordshire terrier, we want a female, and we need one about a year or 2 old, so we're trying to rescue. Luckily alot of agencies have american staffies cuz they are treated as pitbulls and they are sometimes abandoned and/or abused. So we'd like to rescue one and give it a good home. But we have to make sure my mom can handle it physically cuz her bad back, and we dont want one with health issues cuz the financial burden on my mom would be stressful if it was at the vet on a weekly basis. Staffies are smaller than most pits, so they are easier to manage.
    Get a pup. More fun. Cant trust those places and you never know how the dogs previous owners treated them.

Or you can always hit up Big B and get a lab. Thats probably what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Get a pup. More fun. Cant trust those places and you never know how the dogs previous owners treated them.

Or you can always hit up Big B and get a lab. Thats probably what I would do.
    That's not true. Most of the adoption/rescue agencies know the demeanors of the dogs that they have taken in very well. It's where Tizzie came from!!

I don't want a lab. Not that I have anything against them, but I don't want one.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

That's not true. Most of the adoption/rescue agencies know the demeanors of the dogs that they have taken in very well. It's where Tizzie came from!!

I don't want a lab. Not that I have anything against them, but I don't want one.
    It's a nice thing to do and I have no idea what the answer is...but what's the attraction to pit bulls?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Im not saying theyre bad, Im just saying its safer knowing where your dog came from, mentally and physically. With a breeder like B you know theyre well taken care of from the time theyre born.

How can you say no to this guy??

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It's a nice thing to do and I have no idea what the answer is...but what's the attraction to pit bulls?
    I like the skinnier ones. Hate the ones that look like theyre on roids.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well, I feel like most dogs have a dumb personality....thats kind of a generality i suppose, but we've had some GREAT ones. We've had 2, and we also have friends with them. Plus, it's the stigma attached to them that good people try to fix. I have a good friend who works for a rescue agency dealing with only pitbulls.

The misconception is that "Pitbull" is actually a breed. It's not. It's the name that dogfighters gave to a set of American bulldog breeds. The other obvious misconception is that the dogs are aggressive by nature, which is BS. There are plenty of breeds much more aggressive. It's just that they have stronger jaws, so more injuries are reported than say that of a lab, sheppard, bulldogs, etc....

What it comes down to is that there are thousands of American Staffordshire terriers that are homeless because people abandon them. They are also on the high-kill list when nobody takes them, which is so depressing.

Those are the only answers I have for ya man....I just love them. American Staffordshire Terrier, and bullmastiffs are my favorites.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Saw the new batman. it was good, but way over rated. I thought it was going to be much better with the way people were talking about it. When Bain first spoke i started laughing, not what i expected.

+ Reply to Thread