+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    whats the difference between hockey and soccer you know besides Ice and the fact that there are walls so you can "check" players, I mean all the rules are pretty much the same.
    You're just trying to kick a guy like poor Kase when he's down.
    Hockey is a very exciting game to watch live. No sport is as fast as Hockey. To compare it in any way to soccer is foolish. (in other words...very "Davenlike")
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You're just trying to kick a guy like poor Kase when he's down.
    Hockey is a very exciting game to watch live. No sport is as fast as Hockey. To compare it in any way to soccer is foolish. (in other words...very "Davenlike")
    well yeah you caught me, but I have been to 5 Hockey games live, even sat real close down to the glass once, I can appreciate it as a sport but honestly I'd rather watch Football or Basketball, when it comes to hockey I guess it's because I don't have a team affiliation or have any favorite players so I'm just seeing a puck passed around and shots taken on goal I'm not really rooting for anything in particular so it's not really entertaining to me....it's the same as if Kase were to watch NASCAR without rooting for a driver and paying attention to what he's doing in the field of cars, it just looks like a bunch of cars going fast and making left hand turns :P

well yeah you caught me, but I have been to 5 Hockey games live, even sat real close down to the glass once, I can appreciate it as a sport but honestly I'd rather watch Football or Basketball, when it comes to hockey I guess it's because I don't have a team affiliation or have any favorite players so I'm just seeing a puck passed around and shots taken on goal I'm not really rooting for anything in particular so it's not really entertaining to me....it's the same as if Kase were to watch NASCAR without rooting for a driver and paying attention to what he's doing in the field of cars, it just looks like a bunch of cars going fast and making left hand turns :P
    Corners, kickoffs vs faceoffs, penalties. theres a lot of different rules

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Corners, kickoffs vs faceoffs, penalties. theres a lot of different rules
    Kickoffs and faceoffs are the same thing, also they move the puck to those side rings...that's just like a corner kick...

it's literally like exactly the same game except...you know... Ice.

Kickoffs and faceoffs are the same thing, also they move the puck to those side rings...that's just like a corner kick...

it's literally like exactly the same game except...you know... Ice.
    Absolutely not dav
    Kick off- a team wins the ball in a coin toss. Face off is when the ref drops the puck and the two centers clash and try and win possession.

Corners- You are awarded a corner if the ball goes out behind the goalline and an opposing play touches it before it goes out, if not its a goal kick. In hockey the team that shot it out gets a faceoff on their side of the ice.

Offsides- In soccer you cant be in front of the ball, ever. In hockey If your team has possession you cant pass the blue line until the person with the puck crosses it first

Like I said Lacrosse is much more like hockey

All-Pro
    Absolutely not dav
    Kick off- a team wins the ball in a coin toss. Face off is when the ref drops the puck and the two centers clash and try and win possession.

Corners- You are awarded a corner if the ball goes out behind the goalline and an opposing play touches it before it goes out, if not its a goal kick. In hockey the team that shot it out gets a faceoff on their side of the ice.

Offsides- In soccer you cant be in front of the ball, ever. In hockey If your team has possession you cant pass the blue line until the person with the puck crosses it first

Like I said Lacrosse is much more like hockey
    I look at corners almost the same as a faceoff because as you are in bounding the other team can fight for the ball, I suppose soccer is more like basketball in those terms though.

you can totally be in front of the ball in soccer...until your team has possession and you cross the offside line like in Hockey...I think the off sides rule in Hockey is identical to soccer isn't it?

I'll give you kickoffs and face offs are different, but as soon as the ball is moved on the kickoff a guy can come in from the opposing team to take it...it's not as though possession of the initial kick off means much...just like winning the initial face off doesn't mean much.

I look at corners almost the same as a faceoff because as you are in bounding the other team can fight for the ball, I suppose soccer is more like basketball in those terms though.

you can totally be in front of the ball in soccer...until your team has possession and you cross the offside line like in Hockey...I think the off sides rule in Hockey is identical to soccer isn't it?

I'll give you kickoffs and face offs are different, but as soon as the ball is moved on the kickoff a guy can come in from the opposing team to take it...it's not as though possession of the initial kick off means much...just like winning the initial face off doesn't mean much.
    No, if I have the ball in soccer, I cant pass to someone in front of me if they are past a defender. I can do whats called a trough pass which is just kicking the ball forward hoping the guy Im passing it too can out run his man, BUT he can not be before the ball. He has to wait until the ball or defender passes him.
    The guy wiith the ball can pass to anyone other than the blue guy pass the line
    Last edited by dezzzR; 12-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.

No, if I have the ball in soccer, I cant pass to someone in front of me if they are past a defender. I can do whats called a trough pass which is just kicking the ball forward hoping the guy Im passing it too can out run his man, BUT he can not be before the ball. He has to wait until the ball or defender passes him.
    The guy wiith the ball can pass to anyone other than the blue guy pass the line
    A true sports dynasty has to last over a long period of time.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    A true sports dynasty has to last over a long period of time.
    lol what?

lol what?
    he's trying to change the conversation because it doesn't interest him lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread