+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #139531
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's fair so allow me to retort.
    Fewell's system allows certain types of corners to excel. Its based on guys who are instinctive and can read QB's. For instance, Assante Samuel would be awesome in our system. He would have sucked in Spags system. PF favors less the press type corners like Webby. Now Webby has clearly lost some ball skills which are required in PF's system as well.
    Prince is a good fit for PF. He's a cover guy but he also has great instincts and ball skills.
    And allow me to retort your retort. Why bring in Perry when all our corners are press? TT Price, Webby. all of em. why? I dont think Webbys lost any skills. TI think the cover 2 blows. Web wasnt the only one getting beat this year. 3 years with pretty much the same roster and were still having misques. We gave up the most big plays this year over the raiders. Weve giving up over 4000 yards the last 2 seasons, almost 1000 more than sheridan 09. You can say yards dont mean **** but I think they do. It puts us in terrible field position and wears the defense down. Thats probably why they couldnt produce at the end this year. Teams will continue to pick us apart and keep the defense on the field. And Perry will be smiling like jerk on the sidelines like he was at the end of the 1st redskins game until Eli and Cruz saved his ***.

  2. #139532
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,638
    And honestly, Id rather have more 3 and outs, keep the defense fresh, over getting gashed all game until we get lucky and get a pick.

  3. #139533
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,638
    Youve seen a lot of football and a lot of great defenses, MH. Are you really satisfied with Perry and his scheme? Dont you think/feel like they can play better?

  4. #139534
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    25,460
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Youve seen a lot of football and a lot of great defenses, MH. Are you really satisfied with Perry and his scheme? Dont you think/feel like they can play better?
    There's absolutely huge improvements that need to be made. However, after seeing nearly every player on our defense perform poor tackling, I'm not soley putting it on Fewell's defensive schemes. I think alot of the players knew and have acknowledged they are also responsible for it. Which is good they can see it, honestly...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  5. #139535
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,092
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    And allow me to retort your retort. Why bring in Perry when all our corners are press? TT Price, Webby. all of em. why? I dont think Webbys lost any skills. TI think the cover 2 blows. Web wasnt the only one getting beat this year. 3 years with pretty much the same roster and were still having misques. We gave up the most big plays this year over the raiders. Weve giving up over 4000 yards the last 2 seasons, almost 1000 more than sheridan 09. You can say yards dont mean **** but I think they do. It puts us in terrible field position and wears the defense down. Thats probably why they couldnt produce at the end this year. Teams will continue to pick us apart and keep the defense on the field. And Perry will be smiling like jerk on the sidelines like he was at the end of the 1st redskins game until Eli and Cruz saved his ***.
    This is exactly what my opposition was when we hired him. He was definitely a Tampa 2 guy and we had a bunch of press corners.
    But our personell has changed in the past 3 years. And lets not forget that we won a SB with PF as our DC and did it while playing tremendous defense in our SB run.
    As I have said in other threads this week, our defense relies on our pass rush. This is true now and it was true under Spags. PF places no less of an emphasis on the pass rush then Spags did.
    But in today's NFL, with more and more mobile QB's, the need to have corners and safeties facing the QB is very important. It could be that Spags system has become obsolete. His D was 32nd after all this season in NO.

    I think the PF system is fine when the players are good and they play well. Thats true everywhere. So for your own mental health and piece of mind, I would stop focusing on the DC and focus more on how crappy our players played this season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #139536
    All-Pro dezzzR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    28,638
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    There's absolutely huge improvements that need to be made. However, after seeing nearly every player on our defense perform poor tackling, I'm not soley putting it on Fewell's defensive schemes. I think alot of the players knew and have acknowledged they are also responsible for it. Which is good they can see it, honestly...
    I dont think the players are crazy about the plays being called as well. There were a few times i saw tuck shake his head at the sidelines before a play. Antonio Pierce said hes not crazy about it, I think he has a good feeling of whats going on. Might be how some in the locker room feel. Even though it was horrendous the last few weeks of the season, tackling isnt the main issue. The main issue is they cant stop the run or the pass.

  7. #139537
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,092
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I dont think the players are crazy about the plays being called as well. There were a few times i saw tuck shake his head at the sidelines before a play. Antonio Pierce said hes not crazy about it, I think he has a good feeling of whats going on. Might be how some in the locker room feel. Even though it was horrendous the last few weeks of the season, tackling isnt the main issue. The main issue is they cant stop the run or the pass.
    What did they think about it when they held Tom Brady to 17 points?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #139538
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    who you pulling for in the playoffs?

    In the NFC i find it hard to get behind anyone but Seattle. In the AFC, I like Houston and Denver.
    gotta go Broncos. I like the Seattle players and team, but hate the fans and coach

    Go Peyton

  9. #139539
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    mehhh i think its time we part ways with him. we have enough safteys, we need corners. Honestly I think any corner is going to suck in Perrys scheme.
    we have enough safteys if we keep Phillips

  10. #139540
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's fair so allow me to retort.
    Fewell's system allows certain types of corners to excel. Its based on guys who are instinctive and can read QB's. For instance, Assante Samuel would be awesome in our system. He would have sucked in Spags system. PF favors less the press type corners like Webby. Now Webby has clearly lost some ball skills which are required in PF's system as well.
    Prince is a good fit for PF. He's a cover guy but he also has great instincts and ball skills.
    a guy who plays physical and jumps balls like Samuel would of been bad in Spags defense? I think htats silly

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts