+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I can't trust a guy to play CB for us who has spent more time in the NFL on the IR than he has on the field. We paid him for nothing already, just cut the fat, Reese.
    wouldn't mind cutting him and resigning him on the cheap, but for what hes due next year def have to let him go

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This is exactly what my opposition was when we hired him. He was definitely a Tampa 2 guy and we had a bunch of press corners.
    But our personell has changed in the past 3 years. And lets not forget that we won a SB with PF as our DC and did it while playing tremendous defense in our SB run.
    As I have said in other threads this week, our defense relies on our pass rush. This is true now and it was true under Spags. PF places no less of an emphasis on the pass rush then Spags did.
    But in today's NFL, with more and more mobile QB's, the need to have corners and safeties facing the QB is very important. It could be that Spags system has become obsolete. His D was 32nd after all this season in NO.

I think the PF system is fine when the players are good and they play well. Thats true everywhere. So for your own mental health and piece of mind, I would stop focusing on the DC and focus more on how crappy our players played this season.
    Spags has noooobody on that team except Vilma. He put a great couple of games together at the end of last season and nobody can take that away from him, but we almost missed the playoffs and his play calling was a big reason like it was this year, along with the sluggish offense. Whos new besides Prince, Rivers Brown? Weve pretty much had the same defense since hes been here. Why did it take until the eagles game for Perry to blitz more? There are already DBs facing the Qb, safteys. Put them in better position to make plays instead of playing them 25 yards off the line just in case. Perry plays scared. We need a DC that scares QBs.

Gotta cut the head off, in this case the head is the qb. Wheres your inner Patton MH, we must ATTACK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    And allow me to retort your retort. Why bring in Perry when all our corners are press? TT Price, Webby. all of em. why? I dont think Webbys lost any skills. TI think the cover 2 blows. Web wasnt the only one getting beat this year. 3 years with pretty much the same roster and were still having misques. We gave up the most big plays this year over the raiders. Weve giving up over 4000 yards the last 2 seasons, almost 1000 more than sheridan 09. You can say yards dont mean **** but I think they do. It puts us in terrible field position and wears the defense down. Thats probably why they couldnt produce at the end this year. Teams will continue to pick us apart and keep the defense on the field. And Perry will be smiling like jerk on the sidelines like he was at the end of the 1st redskins game until Eli and Cruz saved his ***.
    i don't think Prince is big or physical enough to be a press corner in this level. I actually think he progressed very nicely this year and is a good fit for Fewell's scheme

and don't forget the wedding is in a week you mutts

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    i don't think Prince is big or physical enough to be a press corner in this level. I actually think he progressed very nicely this year and is a good fit for Fewell's scheme
    Really?? I think hes very physical. Hes not that small...

and also Dezz- Pappy made a good point. The personell has changed. Webster got BURNT this year on ALOT of press man coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Really?? I think hes very physical. Hes not that small...
    off the line he isn't

and i just want to tthrow crow out there one time on something else too: Vontaze Burfict...

we missed that boat

any shot Teo comes in striking distance to us in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    and also Dezz- Pappy made a good point. The personell has changed. Webster got BURNT this year on ALOT of press man coverage.
    Who besides Prince Rivers and Brown, whos new? Yea Web did get burned a lot, but he barely had any saftey help. Hes not Revis.

Reese wants to bring in Stra to teach JPP how to deal with double, triple teams.

+ Reply to Thread