+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Biggio, I could see your point....I mean he was one of the greatest 2Bs of the past 30 years, easily....but its not like he was a leading candidate or anything for MVP regularly.

But Bagwell....just look at the seasons, man. Although he didnt have as long a career as some of the other guys, statistically he had a phenomenal career. Right up there in production with Griffey, McGuire, Bonds, etc etc etc.

If he had come out of the gate sooner, and played a few more seasons at that level, I'm not sure we'd be having this discussion lol
    I may be blinded by bitterness regarding Bagwell. All Sox fans are. We gave him away for a song (Larry Anderson)
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Im spreading awareness. If giving up over 12000 yards the last 2 seasons isnt reason enough to find a new DC, I dont know what is. Thats why MH is quite. He knows Im right. Why anyone wants to give Perry another year here escapes me
    What is the primary responsibility of a defense Dez?
    Is it to keep the other team from scoring?
    Is it to take the ball away?
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What is the primary responsibility of a defense Dez?
    Is it to keep the other team from scoring?
    Is it to take the ball away?
    To help the team win. Both are primary responsibilities but keeping the other team from scoring should be the number 1 priority. Kill the man with the ball. If they can get the pick its a bonus. But thats just my mentality. I told you, Id prefer more 3 and outs than the 4, 5 extra picks weve had this season.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 01-09-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

To help the team win. Both are primary responsibilities but keeping the other team from scoring should be the number 1 priority. Kill the man with the ball. If they can get the pick its a bonus. But thats just my mentality. I told you, Id prefer more 3 and outs than the 4, 5 extra picks weve had this season.
    If you think that preventing the team from scoring is the #1 priority, why are you preoccupied with yards/game?

We were 12th in points against and 3rd in take away's.
    Again, I'm not saying we were good this year. I'm saying we weren't the 31st best defense in the league.
    Our poor D line play especially our poor pass rush was the main culprit.
    If you want to blame PF for Osi and Tuck's poor play. If you want to blame PF for the D line getting older and broken down, that's fine.
    Get well soon 80.

If you think that preventing the team from scoring is the #1 priority, why are you preoccupied with yards/game?

We were 12th in points against and 3rd in take away's.
    Again, I'm not saying we were good this year. I'm saying we weren't the 31st best defense in the league.
    Our poor D line play especially our poor pass rush was the main culprit.
    If you want to blame PF for Osi and Tuck's poor play. If you want to blame PF for the D line getting older and broken down, that's fine.
    Because the defense cant get off the field, puts the offense in horrible field position if they do stop them, plus it wears them down.

12000 friggin yards in 2 years..........Makes me sick

Im spreading awareness. If giving up over 12000 yards the last 2 seasons isnt reason enough to find a new DC, I dont know what is. Thats why MH is quite. He knows Im right. Why anyone wants to give Perry another year here escapes me
    i'm fairly indifferent actually...cuz i dont like the other options out there...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Because the defense cant get off the field, puts the offense in horrible field position if they do stop them, plus it wears them down.

12000 friggin yards in 2 years..........Makes me sick
    How many of those turnovers did the offense turn into points? Too many punts and FG's.
    The defense put the offense in great position all year with all those turnovers that they then squandered.
    Get well soon 80.

How many of those turnovers did the offense turn into points? Too many punts and FG's.
    The defense put the offense in great position all year with all those turnovers that they then squandered.
    That is complete rubbish. Where did all those yard accumulate from then?

Again it reminds me of teams picking on Ross last year, and TT the year before. Eventually hes going to get a pick. lol

Thinking about buying an AR 15 with all this hoopla going on.

Thinking about buying an AR 15 with all this hoopla going on.
    My daughter and her Husband just bought 2 AR-15's and 2 AK-47's.
    Personally..I don't get it. But to each their own.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread