+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Aaaaaanyway.....I've tried not to make it a practice to talk about this nonsense. Believe it or not, I'm FAIRLY indifferent about gun control policies. I do feel people have the right to protect themselves. But you dont need an AK47 for that.
    You can't even get a pistol permit in NY if you state "Protection" or "self defense" as a reason for the application.
    Why cant a responsible owner own an Ak? I know a few people with them and they never killed anyone nor do they intend too

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ng-lakers-game
    lol hes got his ron burgandy mustache

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Why cant a responsible owner own an Ak? I know a few people with them and they never killed anyone nor do they intend too
    I have 2 friends who own AK47s....just to have them. same thing, they arent violent people, nor are they really gun enthusiasts. they just like to own things.

im saying, America is a country of doing everything in excess. this is no different lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I have 2 friends who own AK47s....just to have them. same thing, they arent violent people, nor are they really gun enthusiasts. they just like to own things.

im saying, America is a country of doing everything in excess. this is no different lol
    Thats another thing. If the left really wants to do something about gun violence, why are they going after assault rifles and semiauto rifles? The real problem are handguns. More people were killed by hammers last year than ARs, FRIGGIN HAMMERS!!!!

All-Pro
    Because it's politics Dez, it's not about helping the citizens, if they wanted to make the country safer then yes they'd go after hand guns instead of semi autos, they don't want to make us safer though, their motivation is purely votes, and people who don't know anything about guns are scared of semi autos, so banning those guns will result in the most votes gained.

like i said....i dont care either way. I dont own guns, nor do I feel the need to, so, to me it's irellevant what the decision is going to be.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

all i know is we have some seriously mentally unstable contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    all i know is we have some seriously mentally unstable contractors.
    sounds dicey....especially w/ power tools. lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Dezz, you do know why they are called Amendments right? It specifically states that they should be tailored to the times when applicable. Youre not a constitutionalist, you dont know what that means. youre a conservative who doesnt want anything to change.

AMEND(v): 1)
    improve or correct something: to make changes to something, especially a piece of text, in order to improve or correct it
    2)
    revise legislation: to revise or alter formally a motion, bill, or constitution
    3)
    behave better than before: to behave in a more acceptable way than in the past

Yes, all 3 of those things is why the constituion should be changed to adapt to the times. IT IS LITERALLY THE MEANING OF THE WORD!!!
    OK on this point Dez is right and you are wrong.
    A constitutional amendment, once passed, becomes as much a part of the Constitution as the separation of powers.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK on this point Dez is right and you are wrong.
    A constitutional amendment, once passed, becomes as much a part of the Constitution as the separation of powers.
    of COURSE they are part of the constitution

how does that change the fact that they are able to be amended, changed or removed?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread