+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I was 17 once......it was a good year as I recall.
    All I was saying was it's common for teenagers to think they know better than everyone, including their own parents.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

yea it's a fine line with someone her age. because obviously you want her to do well, but if ya push too hard, shes going to tell you to **** off basically. I think catholic school is the biggest ******* joke ever. Pay high tuition for the same education in a stressful enviroment. kids will hate it even more than they already hate school....
    She's stubborn though. She basically has no sense of direction and she thinks her boyfriend (who is 17 too) will make everything OK. This is the type of mentality that I do not like.

My sister is the definition of a dependent woman - stupid and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    it sucks that your parents are that way. growing up right is like 90% parenting.....its refreshing to hear that you took your schooling as your own responsibility. I wish I was able to do that. i just ****ed around in school. decent grades and everything, but I didn't really care. It wasn't until college that i realized i hadnt mentally prepared for what was next. definitely my biggest regret in life to date was that I didn't get a degree from UGA business school =(
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    All I was saying was it's common for teenagers to think they know better than everyone, including their own parents.
    correct. and in Moke's case, it seems he does know more than the parents. I don't know Moke, but....he sounds like someone i could be proud of lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I don't really think I took full responsibility in college though because my grades aren't that great. I had to go through mad hardships with my parents during my college years. My parents were always fighting and my mom demanded I do a lot around the house.

But I do know more about my parents. They always ask me for help and things they don't know how to do. It also comes with generations really. They weren't into the tech world, and we younger people were grown up into it.

But thank you, JPizz
    Last edited by Moke; 02-27-2013 at 11:48 AM.

yea it's a fine line with someone her age. because obviously you want her to do well, but if ya push too hard, shes going to tell you to **** off basically. I think catholic school is the biggest ******* joke ever. Pay high tuition for the same education in a stressful enviroment. kids will hate it even more than they already hate school....
    Let me tell you pizz, I went to catholic elementary school and one year in high school. When I got to public, it was like I was back in 6th grade. Its much more disciplined

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Let me tell you pizz, I went to catholic elementary school and one year in high school. When I got to public, it was like I was back in 6th grade. Its much more disciplined
    Catholic school might be more disciplined, but it doesn't teach you discipline at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    jsut because a place is disciplined, doesnt mean the occupants are disciplined....

catholic school is sheltered bull****. its how you teach ppl to be socially awkward. your exposure to real world **** is nonexistent.

im trying not to sound biased as an athiest, but clearly that comes into play here. I can't help it lol. at least i can admit that though. =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Banned
    I've been telling her for 2 years to wise up in school because my parents are pretty much pathetic human beings.

My parents literally gave up on me and my brother. They used to be into school and then when they had all these issues with money, they gave 0 ****s. You know what? Every time I came home late from school, they'd argue with me to do something they could have easily done when they weren't doing anything at home. I told them I had schoolwork to do and I needed it done, but my mom gave me no empathy. She pretty much argued with me that her gallon of milk was more important than my homework, nonetheless my major homework.

My sister - she has no support from my parents anymore. They are paying for her catholic HS education and yet she's wasting it away by getting horrible grades and not doing anything. She took 2 free periods instead of taking classes to enlighten her, just so she can go home.

What the ****? Is that something wrong with our education? Something wrong with my mom for not pushing her? I pushed her.... and it didn't work. I basically got a huge "**** you" when I explained to her that school is important.
    It's all about maturity, at least give her a few years to wise up most people at that age don't have their head screwed on right yet

Catholic school might be more disciplined, but it doesn't teach you discipline at all.
    Sure it does. Theres an all boys school Chaminade right around the block from me. They have the highest or one of the highest of students getting into amazing colleges and becoming successful after they graduate. The individual has to want it.

+ Reply to Thread