+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

I hope Cruz walks, there I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    I hope Cruz walks, there I said it.
    haha interesting stance. how come ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    haha interesting stance. how come ?
    He seems to worried about life outside football, his clothing line, what Gay-z thinks about him....Said he would never let money be an issue but here we are. I dont blame him for it at all, but giants have other receivers to fill the void. Hes a product of his environment just like Steve Smith and all our tightends, he goes elsewhere hes just another joe shmoe. The giants would have more cap to work with...I just think its smart.

He seems to worried about life outside football, his clothing line, what Gay-z thinks about him....Said he would never let money be an issue but here we are. I dont blame him for it at all, but giants have other receivers to fill the void. Hes a product of his environment just like Steve Smith and all our tightends, he goes elsewhere hes just another joe shmoe. The giants would have more cap to work with...I just think its smart.
    I personally think "skill positions" are overpaid to begin with. whoever set the benchmark for ridiculous WR contracts.....**** that person! lol
    Last edited by JPizzack; 03-05-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Really good points.

I find myself often feeling the same way. Once Cruz became a "product", he lost some of his underdog appeal that made me such a fan of him in 2011. It's like: please just catch TD's and that's it, don't try and throw your garbage in our face. We came to watch football, not get jayz shoved down our throat.

Also I'm tired of all this contract drama that we have to hear about ad nauseum. I hope we can keep him long term (for a fair price that is) because he really is something else with Eli and seems to fit with our offense like a glove. Nonetheless, should he decide to go to another team, I won't be broken up about it.

Ella the yellow lab puppy is waiting for me at home today. She came a day early. Exciting day at the Pizzack residence.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Really good points.

I find myself often feeling the same way. Once Cruz became a "product", he lost some of his underdog appeal that made me such a fan of him in 2011. It's like: please just catch TD's and that's it, don't try and throw your garbage in our face. We came to watch football, not get jayz shoved down our throat.

Also I'm tired of all this contract drama that we have to hear about ad nauseum. I hope we can keep him long term (for a fair price that is) because he really is something else with Eli and seems to fit with our offense like a glove. Nonetheless, should he decide to go to another team, I won't be broken up about it.
    Exactly.

Exactly.
    the only problem with what you guys are saying is that at the pace we're at, we'll be replacing WRs EVERY single year.....and not just shmucks. Good WRs. We let Ham walk, no big deal, we had cruz, right? Let Cruz walk....no big deal we have Nicks, right? Nicks is banged up every year, and despite my personal feelings about his awesomeness, is a bit of a risk. I DO want him long term also, but, are we ready to run a team with no TE, and JJ and RR at WR? idk about all that man. they call that rebuilding. this team has too many good pieces to be in a rebuild!!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Ella the yellow lab puppy is waiting for me at home today. She came a day early. Exciting day at the Pizzack residence.
    good for you man. Very exciting indeed. If you ever want to breed her with a champion, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    the only problem with what you guys are saying is that at the pace we're at, we'll be replacing WRs EVERY single year.....and not just shmucks. Good WRs. We let Ham walk, no big deal, we had cruz, right? Let Cruz walk....no big deal we have Nicks, right? Nicks is banged up every year, and despite my personal feelings about his awesomeness, is a bit of a risk. I DO want him long term also, but, are we ready to run a team with no TE, and JJ and RR at WR? idk about all that man. they call that rebuilding. this team has too many good pieces to be in a rebuild!!
    Well, we will have running game next year. So it will open it up a bit, Bennet still might get a deal here. You make a valid point. I just dont like being held hostage by Cruz and the cap situation.

+ Reply to Thread