+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    our D is significantly better with KP on the field. I'll stick to that 100% until we see otherwise with someone else in his spot
    You're not wrong, but our defense is based on the effectiveness of our pass rush. And the pass rush performed badly on average when KP was out.
    And I still think he never got that step back that he lost after the surgery. I mean the kid has a chronic knee condition.
    Get well soon 80.

it absolutely will.

we already have no depth, our corners NEED safety help, and KP is the only one proven to be effective at it. Rolle is garbage, brown could very well be hugely overrated.

The Gmen just play different when KP is on the field. like night and day, yo!
    Rolle is NOT garbage.
    Get well soon 80.

it absolutely will. we already have no depth, our corners NEED safety help, and KP is the only one proven to be effective at it. Rolle is garbage, brown could very well be hugely overrated. The Gmen just play different when KP is on the field. like night and day, yo!
    The Gmen play different when we have a pass rush. I'm with Morehead on this one except the Rolle comment.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Rolle is NOT garbage.
    Rolle is average at best even in position.....the only thing he seems to excell at, is amping his teammates up. lol...but you dont need to be on the field for that....nor do you need the money he gets paid to do that
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The Gmen play different when we have a pass rush.
    I HATE this argument....it's like the most generic thing you can say about any defense in the history of football. ALL defenses are going to be better with a good passrush. Just because traditionally we've had a good one, doesnt mean that the rest of our D should be **** the rest of the time. But it's fairly accurate in recent history lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The Gmen play different when we have a pass rush. I'm with Morehead on this one except the Rolle comment.
    This is the new NFL. With the new rules. Safeties don't have the impact they used to. They can't hit anybody anymore.
    Its just too easy to pass these days and the secondary in general can only do so much.
    Better to focus our defense on getting after the QB. I mean look at what Baltimore did to the SF defense. If you don't pressure the QB, you lose. Its especially true with us.
    I know that JR understands the way the rules have changed the game. If guys like Gary Fencik and Ronnie Lott played today, they would be kicked out of the league.
    Get well soon 80.

I HATE this argument....it's like the most generic thing you can say about any defense in the history of football. ALL defenses are going to be better with a good passrush. Just because traditionally we've had a good one, doesnt mean that the rest of our D should be **** the rest of the time. But it's fairly accurate in recent history lol
    Its always been true Pizz, but its more true in the last few years. defenses have been stripped of their abilty to play defense. All you can do now is rush the passer and disrupt that way. there are few other ways to succeed.
    Get well soon 80.

Our defense has always been built on our pass rush. Generic or not, it's the truth.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Rolle is NOT garbage.
    Look at any big play against us last year and chances are you'll see rolle free lancing out of position.

Its impossible to have a great passrush all the time. That's a pipedream. You NEED good players in the second level. Its not about our safetys being able to hit people. you need players that are good in space. KP is one of those guys. everyone says this is a passing league. its true, so you need players that can play the pass. like I said, the rush cannot always get there. You still need to have a complete defense.

+ Reply to Thread