+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

And a NYC poster. One of my faves.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I can only bowl 10 Ilbs lol. I need to change my ball right now, it's only 8 Ilbs.
    you can likely bowl with a 14-15-16 pound ball, it's mostly to do with form, I was 100 pounds soaking wet when I first started using a 16 pound ball.

the thing is if you throw a hook, the technology in today's balls only works at 14+ pounds, anything less then that and you can't get a ball that works correctly...they make and sell them but they don't work right.

but if you are just going out to have fun and drink a few beers with friends none of that matters :P

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    you can likely bowl with a 14-15-16 pound ball, it's mostly to do with form, I was 100 pounds soaking wet when I first started using a 16 pound ball.the thing is if you throw a hook the technology in today's balls only works at 14+ pounds, anything less then that and you can't get a ball that works correctly...they make and sell them but they don't work right.
    That might be the reason Ican't hook a ball to save my life. It's not consistent... It's either perfect or a gutter ball. Right now, I don't have the arm strength to bowl 14+ though

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    I just spend a lot on video games.
    Tell me about it...sigh, Playstation 4 is coming out soon I payed 600$ for a PS3 seemingly last week (it feels that way really I got it release day) I don't even remember playing more then a few different games on it.

All-Pro
    That might be the reason Ican't hook a ball to save my life. It's not consistent... It's either perfect or a gutter ball. Right now, I don't have the arm strength to bowl 14+ though
    that's what I'm saying it's about form you aren't really supposed to be using much strength, it's a pendulum motion you let the ball swing, that said without the right form you'd rip your arm up so if nobody's there to teach you then forget it :P

the hook thing, you can make any ball hook...when you throw the ball use a motion with your hand similar to opening up a door knob (or throwing an underhand football spiral)

Tell me about it...sigh, Playstation 4 is coming out soon I payed 600$ for a PS3 seemingly last week (it feels that way really I got it release day) I don't even remember playing more then a few different games on it.

I'm going to wait honestly. I bought a brand new xbox when it came out and I got the red rings. I want to wait for the slimmer, more improved ones with tons of space.

Plus, I rarely get chances of playing these days

that's what I'm saying it's about form you aren't really supposed to be using much strength, it's a pendulum motion you let the ball swing, that said without the right form you'd rip your arm up so if nobody's there to teach you then forget it :Pthe hook thing, you can make any ball hook...when you throw the ball use a motion with your hand similar to opening up a door knob (or throwing an underhand football spiral)
    Oh, so you don't need a heavy ball? Well that's a relief..just gotta get the technique down.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

All-Pro
    Oh, so you don't need a heavy ball? Well that's a relief..just gotta get the technique down.
    well, um it's kind of hard to explain.

you don't need a heavy ball for the ball to hook, you need a heavy ball for the pins to all fall down in any consistent fashion, with balls less then 14 pounds you can throw 10 absolutely perfect shots and maybe get lucky if you get 3 strikes out of it.

it's the physics of the situation...your ball deflects off the pins (pins are heavy and very far apart...it doesn't look like it but trust me I've been back there lol) with a light ball even if you do everything right the ball is going to deflect too much for any type of consistently striking shot.

on the bright side, even if you don't throw any strikes and only throw spares you can still throw a 190, spares are more important then strikes....a VERY accurate bowler with a 10-12 pound ball can probably average in the 180's..never gonna get over a 200 average with a light ball though.
    Last edited by DavenIII; 03-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.

I always use heavy balls for a lot of pins.

When I only need 1 or 2, I go with the light ball. I always feel like it gives me more accuracy.

well, um it's kind of hard to explain.you don't need a heavy ball for the ball to hook, you need a heavy ball for the pins to all fall down in any consistent fashion, with balls less then 14 pounds you can throw 10 absolutely perfect shots and maybe get lucky if you get 3 strikes out of it.it's the physics of the situation...your ball deflects off the pins (pins are heavy and very far apart...it doesn't look like it but trust me I've been back there lol) with a light ball even if you do everything right the ball is going to deflect too much for any type of consistently striking shot.on the bright side, even if you don't throw any strikes and only throw spares you can still throw a 190, spares are more important then strikes....a VERY accurate bowler with a 10-12 pound ball can probably average in the 180's..never gonna get over a 200 average with a light ball though.
    Gotcha. I'm pretty accurate though

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread