+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The closer the draft gets, the more I think we will draft Ogletree. And I think that might be a mistake.
    Sorry Pizz.
    nah, drafting LBs is kinda suspect mid draft I feel. Ogeltree is good, but I dont know if he's a STUD. Jarvis Jones, his own teammate is clearly better, but he'll go before pick 10

What if they go DE again and draft Warner from LSU? He's a top 5 pick (or at least was), but his stock has fallen because there are a ton of D-linemen who are 1st rounder worthy.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    nah, drafting LBs is kinda suspect mid draft I feel. Ogeltree is good, but I dont know if he's a STUD. Jarvis Jones, his own teammate is clearly better, but he'll go before pick 10

What if they go DE again and draft Warner from LSU? He's a top 5 pick (or at least was), but his stock has fallen because there are a ton of D-linemen who are 1st rounder worthy.
    As i said, I think it would be a mistake. I want some O line help but I'm not sure there is value at 19 there. Unless one of those guards drop to us. Other than that Fluker will probably be there but I'm not sure that's not a reach.
    Get well soon 80.

As i said, I think it would be a mistake. I want some O line help but I'm not sure there is value at 19 there. Unless one of those guards drop to us. Other than that Fluker will probably be there but I'm not sure that's not a reach.
    and I agreed with you, lol. I just dont know if they go OL or not.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

and I agreed with you, lol. I just dont know if they go OL or not.
    Well right now we still have 2 huge holes in our O line. LG and RT. If we go with what we have right now, that probably puts DD at LG and Brewer at RT.
    Maybe they believe in Brewer. I don't know. But the kid really hasn't played in an NFL game yet. And as much as I love DD, he's a back-up right now.
    Get well soon 80.

idk, I trust Reese. He knows the personnel. We forget that every team has a hole somewhere. I mean, we've had LB isues since like 07, but...i guess we can just keep ignoring that -__-
    I rather take an OL early also I think, but I wont freak out if we dont.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

idk, I trust Reese. He knows the personnel. We forget that every team has a hole somewhere. I mean, we've had LB isues since like 07, but...i guess we can just keep ignoring that -__-
    I rather take an OL early also I think, but I wont freak out if we dont.
    I like Jerry as well but he has made some bad picks over the years as well.
    Clint Sintim comes to mind. He can make mistakes.
    I just think, protecting the QB and getting to the QB, need to be the priorities.
    Get well soon 80.

I like Jerry as well but he has made some bad picks over the years as well.
    Clint Sintim comes to mind. He can make mistakes.
    I just think, protecting the QB and getting to the QB, need to be the priorities.
    agreed....and yet I'm still sure MOST GMs make even more bad picks.

After more thought, I'd like to draft OL. We have a brand new running game, and it has the potential to be AWESOME, so the OL would be just as important to that as it would to protect our stud QB
    Oderint Dum Metuant

agreed....and yet I'm still sure MOST GMs make even more bad picks.

After more thought, I'd like to draft OL. We have a brand new running game, and it has the potential to be AWESOME, so the OL would be just as important to that as it would to protect our stud QB
    Yeah.....Just seems that protecting our QB has to be #1.
    Get well soon 80.

Rather go dline. Eli was one of the least sacked qbs last year. Problem for the oline last year wasnt protecting Eli, the problem was running the ball along with Bradshaws ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Rather go dline. Eli was one of the least sacked qbs last year. Problem for the oline last year wasnt protecting Eli, the problem was running the ball along with Bradshaws ankles.
    Thats deceiving.
    The sack totals for Eli have always been low because Eli is not one to hold the ball. If you go by the time he's had to throw the ball, you will see that his protection hasn't been as good as it seems by looking at the sack totals.
    having said that, Beatty did do a good job last season.
    But last years O line is gone. there are two huge holes that need to be filled.
    Get well soon 80.

+ Reply to Thread