+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Cruz is like a better version of steve smith. Faster, more athletic, bigger. The reason why they are so successful is because they are always running options. They dont know what theyre running until they read the defense or Eli checks them.

I wouldnt call him a system player because I think he can have success elsewhere unlike smith, but Cruz certainly wouldnt put up the numbers hes putting up here unless a top 5 qbs throwing to him.
    He will still get 1000+ yards 7-10 touchdown range. He's just that type of player

He's probably never going to get the 1500+ yards that everyone drools and compares his productivity to. Doesn't mean he won't be efficient somewhere else.

Cruz is like a better version of steve smith. Faster, more athletic, bigger. The reason why they are so successful is because they are always running options. They dont know what theyre running until they read the defense or Eli checks them.

I wouldnt call him a system player because I think he can have success elsewhere unlike smith, but Cruz certainly wouldnt put up the numbers hes putting up here unless a top 5 qbs throwing to him.
    Cruz is a good player but he doesn't even deserve what some of you guys suggest.
    $6 to $7MM seems a bit high but its probably in the right range.
    Welcome tot he world of the new CBO cap Victor.
    You are a #2 WR on this team and you're getting #2 money. If he doesn't want to sign that's fine. He'll play for his tender amount of $2.8MM and see what happens after that.

But having said that, I don't believe any reports out there about what was offered and what was demanded. To me its all baseless speculation.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He will still get 1000+ yards 7-10 touchdown range. He's just that type of player

He's probably never going to get the 1500+ yards that everyone drools and compares his productivity to. Doesn't mean he won't be efficient somewhere else.
    On another team, no. i dont think so anyway. Look at Smith, Manningham. Smith broke the record for most catches by a giant in a season and hes been horrible. Manningham hasnt lived up to his contract in SF. We have a very "friendly" system for WRs.

On another team, no. i dont think so anyway. Look at Smith, Manningham. Smith broke the record for most catches by a giant in a season and hes been horrible. Manningham hasnt lived up to his contract in SF.
    I think he's better than both of those guys.

Also, both of them suffered knee injuries..unfortunately. Doesn't help with their production.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Cruz is a good player but he doesn't even deserve what some of you guys suggest.
    You are a #2 WR on this team and you're getting #2 money. If he doesn't want to sign that's fine. He'll play for his tender amount of $2.8MM and see what happens after that.

But having said that, I don't believe any reports out there about what was offered and what was demanded. To me its all baseless speculation.
    Correct,

Great player, I love him to death..but he shouldn't get crazy with his demands "IF" he is truly asking for more than $7 million..which I think is all media hype anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I think he's better than both of those guys.

Also, both of them suffered knee injuries..unfortunately. Doesn't help with their production.
    Athletically I think Manningham has the edge but hes not that smart so yes Cruz is better than those two. Cruz is still young, whos to say he wont suffer the same fate, I mean this is the New York ACL tearing Giants we are talking about.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 04-04-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Athletically I think Manningham has the edge but hes not that smart so yes Cruz is better than those too. Cruz is still young, whos to say he wont suffer the same fate, I mean this is the New York ACL tearing Giants we are talking about.
    I will not have you talk about Cruzzy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post

I'd give him $4mill, max
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I'd give him $4mill, max
    That's it?

Athletically I think Manningham has the edge but hes not that smart so yes Cruz is better than those too. Cruz is still young, whos to say he wont suffer the same fate, I mean this is the New York ACL tearing Giants we are talking about.
    I HATE that ridiculous "Manningham isn't smart enough" argument. I don't know where that crap comes from. But its stupid.

Having said that, Cruz runs very nice routes and is tough to cover, but he's definitely a slot guy. Would not thrive trying to beat press coverage.
    He's a #2 WR. A very good one but still a #2. If a team out there wants to pay him like a #1 next year that's their problem. Cruz should jump on that if it happens.
    Until then, he'll be on our team in 2013.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread