+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

I've never been able to choose which i hate more. Golf or Tennis? I mean, at least tennis requires athletic ability, so I'm cool with that. Both should be beanned from television though.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Because golf is different. You must sign an accurate scorecard for your score to count.
    In golf, you are responsible to police yourself. If you accidentally hit your ball and move it an inch and no one sees it, you MUST call it on yourself. Its a game of absolute honor.

In other words, golf is better than any sport. If for no other reason than this.
    yea so like Pizzleback stated, a bull**** formality
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I've never been able to choose which i hate more. Golf or Tennis? I mean, at least tennis requires athletic ability, so I'm cool with that. Both should be beanned from television though.
    Golf ain't bad to watch actually....

Lol A man in about his 50's with his hat on backwards just walked in "YOOOOO where can I get a bath, where can I get a bath! Can I take a bath right here?!!!!."

Dumbfounded I just responded " uhhh no??" Then he left all pissed off, "al right buddy just trying to make your day" lmao. what the hell just happened?

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Lol A man in about his 50's with his hat on backwards just walked in "YOOOOO where can I get a bath, where can I get a bath! Can I take a bath right here?!!!!."

Dumbfounded I just responded " uhhh no??" Then he left all pissed off, "al right buddy just trying to make your day" lmao. what the hell just happened?
    those are the worst kind of people........

I hate people who TRY to be funny, even though they know they likely arent. And then they get all gloomy when youre not on their stupid level. really??
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    those are the worst kind of people........

I hate people who TRY to be funny, even though they know they likely arent. And then they get all gloomy when youre not on their stupid level. really??

ohhh... he was attempting to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Because golf is different. You must sign an accurate scorecard for your score to count.
    In golf, you are responsible to police yourself. If you accidentally hit your ball and move it an inch and no one sees it, you MUST call it on yourself. Its a game of absolute honor.

In other words, golf is better than any sport. If for no other reason than this.
    A man with a club isnt going to police himself, but a bunch of men with clubs (hockey) will police themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    oh we get it, but common sense would tell you that he shouldn't of been DQ'd. ESPECIALLY since the video was first referred by the officials and saw nothing wrong wtih it. The only reason he got caught was because in a post interview he said he did it not knowing the rules.

#Tiger4President
    You don't get it Matt. They reviewed before he signed his card but they thought that Tiger had made a good faith effort to drop "as close to the previous shot". But it was only when Tiger said in an interview that he intentionally dropped it 2 yards back to give himself a better yardage. In other words, they believed that Tiger knew the rule and did his best to abide by it. But he didn't.

THAT IS THE VIOLATION! They couldn't know if he did it intentionally until he admitted it on national TV. Once he admitted that he violated the rule, and was made aware by the committee, he should have DQ'd himself. he didn't break the rule on purpose, but he forgot the rule (or was clearly confused because he considered dropping behind the point of entry in the hazard where you ARE allowed to go back as far as you want).
    In golf, not knowing the rule is the same as violating the rule intentionally.
    You MUST call any violation on yourself. Its the way golf is conducted.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 04-15-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

oh we get it, but common sense would tell you that he shouldn't of been DQ'd. ESPECIALLY since the video was first referred by the officials and saw nothing wrong wtih it. The only reason he got caught was because in a post interview he said he did it not knowing the rules.

#Tiger4President
    edit I read that wrong. I thought he admitted to knowing it was wrong. In that case its worse imo

ohhh... he was attempting to be funny?
    yeaa i think so. Hope I didnt know the guy or something. He didnt look familiar

+ Reply to Thread