+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Did you enjoy the rangers game as much as i did????
    I didnt watch. nhl/nba playoff time I'm kind of touch & go with...i dont dedicate my time to it, i dont know the schedules...i just watch it when i see it on.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    now I'm just going to throw this out there dezz.... you got a mentally ill person living in your house... some who could be dangerous to themselves of others is it wise to have guns around and or should it be regulated.....he killed his mother took the guns you know the rest of the story....just saying
    So the gov should take away her right because her kids got mental problems? She was an idiot for not locking them up and so is any other gun owner that doesnt

now I'm just going to throw this out there dezz.... you got a mentally ill person living in your house... some who could be dangerous to themselves of others is it wise to have guns around and or should it be regulated.....he killed his mother took the guns you know the rest of the story....just saying
    How do we find out if someone is mentally ill. When a person goes to a mental health provider they expect privacy. If they believe that the information will become public then fewer folks will seek help. Its the rule of unintended consequences.
    So there will be more and more people out there with untreated mental problems. And anyone can buy a gun illegally.

Does this create a safer world? Maybe not. That's why these knee jerk reactions to a horrific event have to be treated with restraint.
    The need to "do something....anything" can at times create a more dangerous world. Despite the intent.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    God help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    God help you.
    I know, this will take at least 100 hours off my life.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How do we find out if someone is mentally ill. When a person goes to a mental health provider they expect privacy. If they believe that the information will become public then fewer folks will seek help. Its the rule of unintended consequences.
    So there will be more and more people out there with untreated mental problems. And anyone can buy a gun illegally.

Does this create a safer world? Maybe not. That's why these knee jerk reactions to a horrific event have to be treated with restraint.
    The need to "do something....anything" can at times create a more dangerous world. Despite the intent.
    yeah I kind of forgot the privacy thing good points....Like I said I got one old shot gun here collecting dust ..... so how much of this is just political pandering ...oh well I'm sure they will do the right thing.....

yeah I kind of forgot the privacy thing good points....Like I said I got one old shot gun here collecting dust ..... so how much of this is just political pandering ...oh well I'm sure they will do the right thing.....
    Doctors can break privacy policies if someone is considered a danger to themselves or others....

yea, but who cares right....let's just give them all guns anyway...who gives a ****.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

oh well I'm sure they will do the right thing.....
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."--Grouch Marx
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Doctors can break privacy policies if someone is considered a danger to themselves or others....

yea, but who cares right....let's just give them all guns anyway...who gives a ****.
    Not really. There has to be a direct threat. In today's world they have to report such a threat. But please tell me what this legislation would do.
    The answer is NOTHING. Its politicians just trying to appease the public with the perception that they are doing something.
    All this will do is make it harder for law abiding Americans to exercise their constitutional rights. All in the name of politics.

As I said, I have no love of guns. But we have to be careful when we start denying rights to people in the name of the "collective good". Especially when its a reaction to an event in the news.
    These kinds of bills need to be much more deliberative and thoughtful.

+ Reply to Thread