+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

oh, so I told Matt this.....but I thought you guys might want to hear about the horrifying experience I had this weekend.....

So I had to go to the mall this weekend. I hate the mall. But I needed to pick up some clothes, specifically pants/shorts...and i cant buy those without trying them on. So there I am, walking through the mall. And I'm staring at my phone texting...hollerin' at *****es.....

It was kind loud in the mall...louder than usual I'd say. but though the loudness I hear "EHH!! Look out!!" up ahead a bit, but i kind of ignored it because i assumed it wasn't directed at me, as i was just kinda walking straight, not even near anyone.
    I then realize there's people directly in front of me, and i get shoved the the side by a town cop, and 2 security guards...and as im stumbling backwards, I look up...and the legend....Lawrence Taylor, makes eye contact with me, as he's walking behind the cop and security guards with 2 other guys behind him(presumably in his entourage of sorts). It was ****ING TERRIFYING!! You'd think it'd be awesome....but **** you guys, You've never stared in the face of evil like I did. So don't judge me!!

Anyway....once I kinda just stood there, dumbfounded processing what in the **** just happened, I started wondering WHY it happened. I then retraced my steps back toward the middle of the mall, where I actually had not been that day. There was an autograph session going on...Hakeem Nicks was there too, and his time slot overlapped with LT's. I had no idea this was going on, but it explained the excessive noise that day.

anyway....that's how Lawrence Taylor traumatized me. I now know how all those QBs felt back then. I was like a much more handsome Joe Theismann on Saturday. =O
    Oderint Dum Metuant

What mall was it? Roosevelt field gets a lot of autograph sessions, so I'm wondering if that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Do you take the express bus? I can take the x22 which runs through New Jersey, but it's expensive for me, and I don't make much as a part-timer right now.
    Nah. NJTransit train.

What mall was it? Roosevelt field gets a lot of autograph sessions, so I'm wondering if that was it.
    Poughkeepsie Galleria.

in the past year and a half we've had Nicks twice, Cruz, Bradshaw and LT. (There were others, but nothing as notable as them)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Nah. NJTransit train.
    How long does that take you?

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    man i've lived in NY for 30 years.....and I don't even like GOING to Manhattan...i dont wanna even think about having to LIVE their. ugh, the thought alone haunts me lol
    Yea never understood every ones infatuation with the city, bk and queens. So crowded and overpopulated. Such a hassle to get around. I lived in Queens and probably will again one day but its not exactly Pleasantville.

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    oh, so I told Matt this.....but I thought you guys might want to hear about the horrifying experience I had this weekend.....

So I had to go to the mall this weekend. I hate the mall. But I needed to pick up some clothes, specifically pants/shorts...and i cant buy those without trying them on. So there I am, walking through the mall. And I'm staring at my phone texting...hollerin' at *****es.....

It was kind loud in the mall...louder than usual I'd say. but though the loudness I hear "EHH!! Look out!!" up ahead a bit, but i kind of ignored it because i assumed it wasn't directed at me, as i was just kinda walking straight, not even near anyone.
    I then realize there's people directly in front of me, and i get shoved the the side by a town cop, and 2 security guards...and as im stumbling backwards, I look up...and the legend....Lawrence Taylor, makes eye contact with me, as he's walking behind the cop and security guards with 2 other guys behind him(presumably in his entourage of sorts). It was ****ING TERRIFYING!! You'd think it'd be awesome....but **** you guys, You've never stared in the face of evil like I did. So don't judge me!!

Anyway....once I kinda just stood there, dumbfounded processing what in the **** just happened, I started wondering WHY it happened. I then retraced my steps back toward the middle of the mall, where I actually had not been that day. There was an autograph session going on...Hakeem Nicks was there too, and his time slot overlapped with LT's. I had no idea this was going on, but it explained the excessive noise that day.

anyway....that's how Lawrence Taylor traumatized me. I now know how all those QBs felt back then. I was like a much more handsome Joe Theismann on Saturday. =O
    For some reason, when YOU say it, I picture you just yelling at women

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    For some reason, when YOU say it, I picture you just yelling at women
    haha, that'd be pretty ridiculous. but thx for the visual
    Oderint Dum Metuant

How long does that take you?
    If I catch the express, like 45-50 minutes. If I don't, it a little over an hour. So door to door it's an hour and half or so.

I'll be in NYC next month suckas

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread