+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    The only kool-aid going around is from the scare tactic people, which I guess you believe.
    Only if you ignore basic economics.
    I'm fine with you believing what you want.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Only if you ignore basic economics.I'm fine with you believing what you want.
    When you give facts of items in the bill that will effect the economy then your argument will be more credible. Be specific, not just the bs from the right wing.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    When you give facts of items in the bill that will effect the economy then your argument will be more credible. Be specific, not just the bs from the right wing.
    When you increase the cost of doing business (ie...mandating certain insurance requirements for your employees) you decrease competitiveness, decrease profitability and decrease productivity.
    This slows economic growth and reduces jobs. The do all that during slow economic times and multiply its adverse effect.

Its Economics 101. Unless you think Adam Smith was a right wing kook.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    When you increase the cost of doing business (ie...mandating certain insurance requirements for your employees) you decrease competitiveness, decrease profitability and decrease productivity.
    This slows economic growth and reduces jobs. The do all that during slow economic times and multiply its adverse effect.

you don't like obama care..and you don't support making employers supply/or offer affordable health care.....so **** the working poor I guess ?.......Imho its high time that employers give their workers health care and a desent wage....and I don't give a goddamn if the whole thing goes tits up because of it... the strong will survive the and weak will go under for every little oil company that goes under another one grows.....people need health care this ain't some game....
    Last edited by byron; 07-27-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Don't try and appeal to Adam Smith when talking modern economics. Modern capitalism doesn't resemble Smithian capitalism at all (remember in pure capitalism profit is seen as a bad thing).

Also, think about health care this way: If the poor had accessible health care, they wouldn't need to rely upon emergency health care as their primary source of health care. That in and of itself would drastically lower the cost of health care (including the cost to the public benefit).

How would increasing access to affordable health care lower productivity? Wouldn't having a healthier workforce increase productivity? If it is possible for me to see a doctor at an affordable rate when I first start feeling sick and lose 4 hours of work, doesn't that beat having to wait until I am extremely sick and going to the emergency room and losing 3 days of work? Hmmm.... That looks like 4 hours of lost productivity (plus the lower cost of seeing a PCP) against 24 hours of lost productivity (plus the significantly higher cost of using emergent care services).

When you increase the cost of doing business (ie...mandating certain insurance requirements for your employees) you decrease competitiveness, decrease profitability and decrease productivity.This slows economic growth and reduces jobs. The do all that during slow economic times and multiply its adverse effect.Its Economics 101. Unless you think Adam Smith was a right wing kook.
    This bill will not decrease productivity or employment. A company with 60 employees will not fire 11 people to get under the 50. That would only hurt their productivity and profitability. There are a lot of good things in this bill. The only disappointing thing is that Obama didn't have the balls to stick to his guns and keep the public option in the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Don't try and appeal to Adam Smith when talking modern economics. Modern capitalism doesn't resemble Smithian capitalism at all (remember in pure capitalism profit is seen as a bad thing). Also, think about health care this way: If the poor had accessible health care, they wouldn't need to rely upon emergency health care as their primary source of health care. That in and of itself would drastically lower the cost of health care (including the cost to the public benefit). How would increasing access to affordable health care lower productivity? Wouldn't having a healthier workforce increase productivity? If it is possible for me to see a doctor at an affordable rate when I first start feeling sick and lose 4 hours of work, doesn't that beat having to wait until I am extremely sick and going to the emergency room and losing 3 days of work? Hmmm.... That looks like 4 hours of lost productivity (plus the lower cost of seeing a PCP) against 24 hours of lost productivity (plus the significantly higher cost of using emergent care services).
    Good points.

This is good, I haven't been around in a while, so I am not biased by reading any previous posts that would give me everyone's clear position...everyone in this country will now have healthcare, including those of us that do not work. I must make the distinction here between those that are unable to work due to a legitimate disability(which is ok) and those who choose not to work so that they can bleed the system and support their belief of entitlement(this is not ok with me). IMO, the group that chooses not to work are the only reason that Obama is in office. Obama has been built on bull**** from the get go, Tell the masses of our country that do not work and receive services for doing nothing that they will be taken care of and receive healthcare if they vote for Obama. Hmmmmm, all of a sudden those masses who have never voted in their life are standing in line to get something for nothing as promised by Obama. It's a disgrace, this country was built on hard work and those who worked hard for themselves and their families and did the right thing all their life will now get screwed. Of course, that is my opinion.

I have not read the entire bill. Please tell me if this is a valid concern? Once this get's rolling our medical system is going to be flooded with millions of people who have never had insurance before. Is a proportionate number of Hospital's, dr's, physicians assist, nurses, admin personnel, diagnostics, employees going to be added to the us health network? If not, how are the additional millions of patients going to receive medical care? How will it effect those with life threatening conditions that cannot wait weeks or months for an appointment, due to what I see as an inevitable back log with our doctors and hospitals?

Is it true that preventative screenings are being eliminated from coverage? Mammograms, prostate exams, colonoscopies.

Am I paranoid in thinking that Obama does not want the us population to live beyond 62 years old aided by early screening detection tests, so that he doesn't have to pay social security? I think I get it, one of those one way systems here........take our taxes and ss from our checks and then kill us off when it's time for the system to pay back.

I hope I'm wrong and none of this will be an issue.

Oh, ****! where have you been hiding, man??!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by lttaylor56 View Post
    This is good, I haven't been around in a while, so I am not biased by reading any previous posts that would give me everyone's clear position...everyone in this country will now have healthcare, including those of us that do not work. I must make the distinction here between those that are unable to work due to a legitimate disability(which is ok) and those who choose not to work so that they can bleed the system and support their belief of entitlement(this is not ok with me). IMO, the group that chooses not to work are the only reason that Obama is in office. Obama has been built on bull**** from the get go, Tell the masses of our country that do not work and receive services for doing nothing that they will be taken care of and receive healthcare if they vote for Obama. Hmmmmm, all of a sudden those masses who have never voted in their life are standing in line to get something for nothing as promised by Obama. It's a disgrace, this country was built on hard work and those who worked hard for themselves and their families and did the right thing all their life will now get screwed. Of course, that is my opinion.I have not read the entire bill. Please tell me if this is a valid concern? Once this get's rolling our medical system is going to be flooded with millions of people who have never had insurance before. Is a proportionate number of Hospital's, dr's, physicians assist, nurses, admin personnel, diagnostics, employees going to be added to the us health network? If not, how are the additional millions of patients going to receive medical care? How will it effect those with life threatening conditions that cannot wait weeks or months for an appointment, due to what I see as an inevitable back log with our doctors and hospitals? Is it true that preventative screenings are being eliminated from coverage? Mammograms, prostate exams, colonoscopies. Am I paranoid in thinking that Obama does not want the us population to live beyond 62 years old aided by early screening detection tests, so that he doesn't have to pay social security? I think I get it, one of those one way systems here........take our taxes and ss from our checks and then kill us off when it's time for the system to pay back. I hope I'm wrong and none of this will be an issue.
    Most of the people without coverage are being treated in emergency rooms anyway, so I don't think it puts a tremendous strain on the medical system. I haven't read the part about preventative tests if it's in there.I do think you're paranoid about killing us off at 62. If they would have left the money they withheld from people's paychecks in a lock box and not used it in the general budget SS and Medicare would not be an issue. Both political parties do this.

+ Reply to Thread