+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I don't know why, but watching Ben week in and week out do well and watching Eli stink, is really getting on my nerves.
    Ben who? Roethlisberger?? Why is this like the 5th time I've seen him come up today?

The Steelers arent exactly sitting pretty or anything...
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Six of Eli's 15 interceptions were headed for Rueben Randle. Second-fave target on INTs is Nicks (3), then Cruz (2)
    Yea I just read that too...

But I'm sure it's just because Eli only makes his mistakes to the younger WRs, or because he hates Randle, right? -___-
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Ben who? Roethlisberger?? Why is this like the 5th time I've seen him come up today?

The Steelers arent exactly sitting pretty or anything...
    Haha. Because I'm the one bringing him up. And actually you have a good point. Maybe why I'm so annoyed is because I realize that as bad as the Steelers are, I know that Ben is part of their solution. It's looking up. Eli on the other hand, we have no idea what we're going to get out of him. This offseason we're going to do everything in our power to make one last run and surround Eli with the proper tools to win and we have no idea if Eli will poop the bed or not.

We need change. New OC everything.

Haha. Because I'm the one bringing him up. And actually you have a good point. Maybe why I'm so annoyed is because I realize that as bad as the Steelers are, I know that Ben is part of their solution. It's looking up. Eli on the other hand, we have no idea what we're going to get out of him. This offseason we're going to do everything in our power to make one last run and surround Eli with the proper tools to win and we have no idea if Eli will poop the bed or not.

We need change. New OC everything.
    idk man...Eli is our guy...it's not changing for awhile. He's always healthy, and is a proven winner. We have to accept that we were let down this season and not given the right personnel to win. I guess the coaching staff could be included in that statement also. Maybe they got too comfortable. Reese too.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

idk man...Eli is our guy...it's not changing for awhile. He's always healthy, and is a proven winner. We have to accept that we were let down this season and not given the right personnel to win. I guess the coaching staff could be included in that statement also. Maybe they got too comfortable. Reese too.
    I think that the front office was aiming toward the Colts model when Peyton was around. Book End DEs and a high octane offense. We got 1 SB out of it (2007 doesn't count as that was before Eli's big contract and before we had to worry about salary cap) so I guess it was a success. The issue is that we have a poor man's version of what the Colts had. Our DEs aren't as good and Eli isn't Peyton. When Peyton went down the Colts were 2-14. Eli stinks up the join and we're 0-6.

I think that the front office was aiming toward the Colts model when Peyton was around. Book End DEs and a high octane offense. We got 1 SB out of it (2007 doesn't count as that was before Eli's big contract and before we had to worry about salary cap) so I guess it was a success. The issue is that we have a poor man's version of what the Colts had. Our DEs aren't as good and Eli isn't Peyton. When Peyton went down the Colts were 2-14. Eli stinks up the join and we're 0-6.
    lol all valid points. What does that say about the "Colts model" though? it cant always work the way you want. you have to have more than 1 piece.

That being said, there are very few circumstances where a team can REALLY WIN with a less than stellar QB....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I am going to assume that I can put you on the "its never Eli's fault" list along with 420 and Dark Saint.
    That's about as fair as me telling you that you are an "Eli Hater" and that you think he's the only reason we are a bad team this year.

I'm not saying none of this is on Eli...what I'm saying is the giants organization from top to bottom should have seen this coming, Bad O-Line, underwhelming defense a absolutely terrible offensive scheme..

throw a guy whose always been a little "gunslingerish" into that equation and from there 16 ints is pretty much simple arithmetic, should Eli curb his gunslinger attitude...probably but that's part of what makes him good too it's the same as how David Wilsons kind of a crappy running back when he's hunched over holding onto the ball with both arms.

you don't change the style of a good player if it's detrimental to their play, Jerry Reese and Kevin Gilbride (and yes Tom Coughlin at this point) let this team start the season and they did so knowing full well that if they put Eli into the type of situation he is in now he was going to throw int's, you want to argue over how many is too many...go ahead..but they darn well should have known it was going to be objectively "a lot" of int's in this situation.

lol all valid points. What does that say about the "Colts model" though? it cant always work the way you want. you have to have more than 1 piece.

That being said, there are very few circumstances where a team can REALLY WIN with a less than stellar QB....
    Yeah, I don't think the model works. But that's where we were going. Drafting DEs every year etc, which we did ok on, but we really crapped the bed on olinemen. I'm starting to think this getting pressure with front 4 model just isn't viable.

Yeah, I don't think the model works. But that's where we were going. Drafting DEs every year etc, which we did ok on, but we really crapped the bed on olinemen. I'm starting to think this getting pressure with front 4 model just isn't viable.
    i think they COULD have pulled it off, but we MAY have drafted in the wrong order lol. I'm not convinced that JPP was the right choice in 2010. Looking back at the draft picks though, it's actually might have been better than the alternative. The 1st rounders we've taken as of late, i agree with....buttttt everything after that, I dont really understand. I think a lot of people thinks this year's draft was our worst....but, that's because we had a TON of wasted picks the previous 3+ years. but...you know what they say about hindsight....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

also....we havent touched free agency since Rolle, who is overpaid anyway....
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread