All-Pro

Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"] i dont see it that way. it was his first offense, he shouldnt have received any time. you know in the movies where the top cop or da is like " god dammit, i got the mayor up my *** about this!" lol i feel like that happened with this. whos to say the da was just going to offer him 1500 hours of community service. we dont know.
    [/quote]

You be Trollin?

It's not a Movie Dez :P

and the fact is (maybe) that Plax was offered a "Good Deal" seriously, I do know I looked it up, 2 months would be a good deal for a plea associated with what Plax was charged with, he didn't take it...that's on HIM and noone else...can't blame Bloomberg for plax's bad decision....maybe his lawyer...but not bloomberg.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"]NY has one of the strictest gun laws in the country.

The state of NY wanted to make an example out of Plax. </P>

People now have to think twice about carrying a firearm in the state of NY without alicense</P>

[/quote]

That's what I thought too....until I found out he was offered 2 months...that's a good deal in NY...there wasn't a push to make an example out of Plax....he just decided not to take a good deal..maybe he got greedy thinking laws didn't apply tohim cause he was Plaxico Burress.
    [/quote]</P>

Well I was not aware of that deal that was offered to Plax. </P>

He really must be an idiot to turn that deal down, or his lawyer misinformed him about the plea offer. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]like i said, being that he shot himself seems like punishment enough imo so 2 months for an expired license seems like a lot to me. say what you want but the mayor instigated on the issue without a doubt.
    [/quote]

Sorry Dez, you are losing me on this one, if infact he was offered two months it pretty much proves Bloomberg had little to no effect on the DA, 2 months is the Average (even a bit below average) Plea Bargain offered for that specific charge, plax is just a moron for not accepting it...if I was his lawyer I wouldn't have let him not accept it, I would have dropped the case if he said no to that....

I still don't like how Bloomberg actively talked about his opinion on the case...that's not his place...but I can say...pretty confidently, that if plax was offered 2 months bloombergs threats and grandstanding had little to no effect on the DA.
    [/quote] i dont see it that way. it was his first offense, he shouldnt have received any time. you know in the movies where the top cop or da is like " god dammit, i got the mayor up my *** about this!" lol i feel like that happened with this. whos to say the da was just going to offer him 1500 hours of community service. we dont know.
    [/quote]</P>

NY has one of the strictest gun laws in the country. </P>

The state of NY wanted to make an example out of Plax. </P>

People now have to think twice about carrying a firearm in the state of NY without alicense</P>

[/quote]yankees suck!
    [/quote]</P>

Have you gave up on your blue jays yet?</P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]like i said, being that he shot himself seems like punishment enough imo so 2 months for an expired license seems like a lot to me. say what you want but the mayor instigated on the issue without a doubt.
    [/quote]

Sorry Dez, you are losing me on this one, if infact he was offered two months it pretty much proves Bloomberg had little to no effect on the DA, 2 months is the Average (even a bit below average) Plea Bargain offered for that specific charge, plax is just a moron for not accepting it...if I was his lawyer I wouldn't have let him not accept it, I would have dropped the case if he said no to that....

I still don't like how Bloomberg actively talked about his opinion on the case...that's not his place...but I can say...pretty confidently, that if plax was offered 2 months bloombergs threats and grandstanding had little to no effect on the DA.
    [/quote] i dont see it that way. it was his first offense, he shouldnt have received any time. you know in the movies where the top cop or da is like " god dammit, i got the mayor up my *** about this!" lol i feel like that happened with this. whos to say the da was just going to offer him 1500 hours of community service. we dont know.
    [/quote]</p>

NY has one of the strictest gun laws in the country. </p>

The state of NY wanted to make an example out of Plax. </p>

People now have to think twice about carrying a firearm in the state of NY without alicense</p>

[/quote]yankees suck!
    [/quote]</p>

Have you gave up on your blue jays yet?</p>

</p>[/quote]ask me again after they lose tonight lol

[quote user="JPizzack"]

Do you dare???</p>

http://unzip-it.com/</p>[/quote]Is that from Redditt? I'm not openin it.

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Do you dare???</p>

[/quote]good afternoon Hercules []

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Do you dare???</p>

[/quote]

Pretty sure it's a Rickroll...I think I actually posted it in this thread a while back :P

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]The guy discharged an unregistered handgun in a public place, with no permit to carry. Joe Schmo would have gotten 5 years.[/quote]

This part is completely untrue Morehead, from what I can tell based on statistics from previous plea's under the same charge, Joe Schmo would have got anywhere from 3-6 months...."Rich" Schmo likely would have gotten off with no jail time at all.
    [/quote]</p>

Not in NYC Daven.</p>

[/quote]

I'm talking about ONLY NYC Morehead, back when this happened I looked that up....Joe Schmo in NYC would most likely have gotten 3-6 Months in Plax's position, there is no doubt in my mind that he was treated differently because of his fame.
    [/quote]you are correct
    http://www.dnainfo.com/20110224/uppe...ve-compartment
    [/quote]</p>

OK, are you guys telling me that a guy who stuffed his gun (registered in FL) in his glove box in Florida (his home) and then forgot it was there and drove to NYC is the same as a guy who lives in NY/NJ and stuffs an unregistered, loaded gun in his pants, goes to a crowded club and accidentally discharges it in that club?</p>

Welcome to Fantasyland.</p>

[/quote]no morehead. we(well i am anyway) are tellingyou that these gun laws are silly. if i wanted to shoot you, im not going to use my registered hand gun. why? cause police will just trace it back to me and i go to jail for murder even though it would totally be worth it. as long as you have a gun registered in any state in the us, you should be able to carry it anywhere. it was expired, and you cant charge plax for being a moron. people are acting like hes the first person to shoot a gun in a bar.

[/quote]</p>

I'm not saying the laws are or aren't silly. I'm saying that they are what they are and that Bloomberg's public statements about Plaxico didn't effect the result of the case.</p>

Poor decisions by Plaxico and his attorney when they offered him a much more favorable deal than what he eventually got, was the reason.</p>

[/quote]mayors a powerful man im sure he did.
    [/quote]</p>

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...burress_2.html</p>

According to Bob Papa, he was offered 2 months in jail and 1500 hours of community service. And turned it down!!!</p>

If true, it blows your theory completely out of the water. (and by the way vindicates mine).</p>

If the mayor's comments had an effect on this case, they would have never made that offer.The articleclaims that Plaxico was deathly afraid to go to prison.</p>

[/quote]which is still pretty stiff offer for shooting yourself in the leg hahahaha. it doesnt mean anything. he still got 2 years. in his stupid mind he thought he was innocent.
    [/quote]</p>

How could Bloomberg's position have effected the case if they offered him 2 months in jail?</p>[/quote]like i said, being that he shot himself seems like punishment enough imo so 2 months for an expired license seems like a lot to me. say what you want but the mayor instigated on the issue without a doubt.
    [/quote]Punishment enough, I dunno. Embarassing enough...hell yes!

[quote user="shocknaweny"]

Where will Pax play next season ( if we have one )</p>

my vote is he goes down to St. Louis and reunites with Spags and helps Bradford become even more of an elite quaterback.</p>[/quote]I was reading Tampa or Pitty. edit: wrong article, that was Tiki's article.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

Do you dare???</P>

http://unzip-it.com/</P>

[/quote]Is that from Redditt? I'm not openin it.
    [/quote]

Pretty sure it's a Rickroll...I think I actually posted it in this thread a while back :P
    [/quote]</P>

[]</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant