Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

You guys didnt like my gifs? =\</p>

ok i'll shutup now. [:'(]</p>[/quote]no i thought they were both funny, especially the jedi/baby one.
    [/quote]

thats scary...

supporting ones self in that manner

further proof of Depizz...

once pizz "shuts up", Dezz starts talking

this is like Primal Fear

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

<dl class="glossary">
    <dt id=".5B.5BQuarterback_.28American_football.29.7Cgu nslinger.5D.5D" class="glossary"><dfn>gunslinger</dfn>
    </dt><dd>
    <dl>
    <dd>Term for a quarterback who plays with an aggressive and decisive manner by throwing deep, risky passes. These quarterbacks usually possess the strong arm needed to throw deep effectively. </dd></dl></dd></dl>

i would also add forcing balls into tight spaces

i'd say thats pretty accurate.

[/quote]</p>

I can agree with that.</p>

[/quote]
    i fail to see where moorehead would say that it was inaccurate
    [/quote]</p>

Goofy guys who fall down when no one touches them, who panics in the face of a pass rush and throw foolish passes into coverage as a product, are not gunsligers.</p>

Don't confuse ill advised, drive killing decisions with aggressivness.</p>

</p>[/quote]yea goofy guys that constantly convert 3rd and longs, especially that one to tryee, which is a perfect example of gun slinging, the greenbay playoff game eli and plax going OFF is another perfect example of gun slinging. eli is the man. end of story.

my take on the whole "gunslinger" thing is that it's more of a mentality than a physical attribute. I mean of course we know you need the arm, Eli has it....
    But I think it's the QB thining to himself....yea I can definitely get over/past the safety/cb, even in that coverage.
    Where as most "orthodox" QBs are all about reads, which is good obviously, but I think these "gunslinger" prototypes know exactly what they are going to do, and think they can do it every single time.

I'm not sure how Eli falling over, and being goofy,is part of the argument though...that confused me.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="JPizzack"]my take on the whole "gunslinger" thing is that it's more of a mentality than a physical attribute. I mean of course we know you need the arm, Eli has it....
    But I think it's the QB thining to himself....yea I can definitely get over/past the safety/cb, even in that coverage.
    Where as most "orthodox" QBs are all about reads, which is good obviously, but I think these "gunslinger" prototypes know exactly what they are going to do, and think they can do it every single time.

I'm not sure how Eli falling over, and being goofy,is part of the argument though...that confused me.[/quote]</P>

Have you ever seen Clint Eastwood trip over his own feet and fumble the ball with no one touching him?</P>

Case closed.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]my take on the whole "gunslinger" thing is that it's more of a mentality than a physical attribute. I mean of course we know you need the arm, Eli has it....

I'm not sure how Eli falling over, and being goofy,is part of the argument though...that confused me.[/quote]</p>

Have you ever seen Clint Eastwood trip over his own feet and fumble the ball with no one touching him?</p>

Case closed.</p>[/quote]

i love when pappy loses an arguement

he starts not making sesne and reaching

its glorious

Pappy's argument of "WHAT A GUN SLINGER MEANS TO ME"

is equivalent to Pizz's argument tha t "4.6 a carry isn't that good"

its like u guys are maing ur own meanings up and **** lol

and the funny part about it is is in each of these debates u guys oppose each other, with basically the same logic

[quote user="ny06"] [/quote]ny06-Thanks for these videos...I remember that hit well--one of my favorite of the season by KP

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

My favorite</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

THAT was a good one!!
    I still think the one on Landry was better tho.

I've never been able to find a good quality gif of KP's hit on...was it Moore? the game against Pitt in 08? Legal or not, that hit was brutal!!! Loved it</p>[/quote]That jacobs bullrush is awesome. Reminiscent of the Pre-season game where Shockey caught a screen put his head down and bulldozed defender's. I remember thinking, we got another Bavaro here.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Pappy's argument of "WHAT A GUN SLINGER MEANS TO ME"

is equivalent to Pizz's argument tha t "4.6 a carry isn't that good"

its like u guys are maing ur own meanings up and **** lol

and the funny part about it is is in each of these debates u guys oppose each other, with basically the same logic
    [/quote]</P>

What it comes down to Matt is that to me a "gunslinger" is an attitude. Eli doesn't have it. Quite honestly, the last thing our team needs is a gunslinger. If he starts making better decisions our team will succeed. Foolish passes hurt the team. "Foolish" doesn't always mean "aggressive".</P>

Your claim that Eli's mistakes are the characteristics of a "gunslinger" are simply an attempt to put some romantic notion to bad football plays.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

</p>

<font size="5">GUNSLINGER</font></p>

<font size="5"></font></p>

</p>

<font size="5">NOT SO MUCH</font></p>[/quote]mhs not a giant fan today
    [/quote]

when moorehead posts pictures... thats when i know i've won
    [/quote]lol