Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]i know you guys didnt like the sound of it but if you get the chance to play in a 2 qb league, try it.
    [/quote]

we only take advice from guys that put their starting lineups in every week lol
    [/quote]</P>

So we shouldn't listen to you?</P>

[/quote]

me?

if i did i dont remember nad everybody gets one mulligan

[/quote]</P>

One week you failed to start a kicker in BOTH leagues at the same time.</P>

Meyerbud.......OUT!!!</P>

[/quote]not so fun when the fingers pointed at you is it *****?! haha
    [/quote]</P>

Dezz. You just didn't try to compete. Its fine but to admit it and move on is probably the best course of action.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and I disagree about a heavy emphasis should be on the FA wire. I hate the fact that if somebody is a bust or sucks and u dont' have the depth in place already that you can just go to the free agent wire and get Mike Williams...
    [/quote]Is there a website with your last years rules that I can check out? Who's in the B league? Does that mean I only get usfl player's?
    [/quote]

na not really...

its simple...

You can only keep players drafted in the 8th round or later and only for a max of Two years and only two players a year. And they will cost u half the round u drafted them at

Example: Say I drafted MIKE WILLIAMS in the 15th round last year. I would get to keep him for a 7th rounder (on odd rounds u round down) this year. Say I want to keep him again next year - it would cost me a third rounder and this would be his last year of keeper eligibility.

For a player to be considered a keeper, they need to be a drafted player of the 8th or later rounds and need to stay on a roster for the whole year. If they are released they lose their keeper eligbility. If they were picked up off of the FA wire, they are not keeper eligible.

Keepers can be traded and they will keep their eligbility. Infact this also makes the end of the year more interesting. A team thats out of it, may try and make trades for next year. Also why a late trade deadline should be established..

The reason I like it so much because it not only adds a little spice to the league, but it also addresses pizz's concert of an abusive FA wire. Plus you get rewarded for good late picks you have and it doesn't effect the most fun part of the draft which is the first few rounds
    [/quote]</P>

I have to say it feels like we have one too many roster spots. Lots of hoarding of players.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and I disagree about a heavy emphasis should be on the FA wire. I hate the fact that if somebody is a bust or sucks and u dont' have the depth in place already that you can just go to the free agent wire and get Mike Williams...
    [/quote]Is there a website with your last years rules that I can check out? Who's in the B league? Does that mean I only get usfl player's?
    [/quote]

na not really...

its simple...

You can only keep players drafted in the 8th round or later and only for a max of Two years and only two players a year. And they will cost u half the round u drafted them at

Example: Say I drafted MIKE WILLIAMS in the 15th round last year. I would get to keep him for a 7th rounder (on odd rounds u round down) this year. Say I want to keep him again next year - it would cost me a third rounder and this would be his last year of keeper eligibility.

For a player to be considered a keeper, they need to be a drafted player of the 8th or later rounds and need to stay on a roster for the whole year. If they are released they lose their keeper eligbility. If they were picked up off of the FA wire, they are not keeper eligible.

Keepers can be traded and they will keep their eligbility. Infact this also makes the end of the year more interesting. A team thats out of it, may try and make trades for next year. Also why a late trade deadline should be established..

The reason I like it so much because it not only adds a little spice to the league, but it also addresses pizz's concert of an abusive FA wire. Plus you get rewarded for good late picks you have and it doesn't effect the most fun part of the draft which is the first few rounds
    [/quote]</p>

I have to say it feels like we have one too many roster spots. Lots of hoarding of players.</p>[/quote]

well we'll def vote on it, but I'd rather have players hoarded than have a FA wire full of guys that can be plugged into start
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="byron"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]i know you guys didnt like the sound of it but if you get the chance to play in a 2 qb league, try it.
    [/quote]hey Dezz saw your post from this morning Bud is to closely related to all but two of our dogs not good to inbred ...As far as the question oncancer to unspayed or neuteredmale dogshave a look at this</p>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutering</p>

Its looks like to the males are better of being left alone females is another matter</p>[/quote]thanks alot b. good read. tucks 100% pure breed so if you ever want to make babies let me know. lol. black an yellow, black an yellow. haha

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    I agree but I look at it like this:

There are 6 different starting positions, that total 9 different starters

You should have at least 1 QB, 2RB, and 2 WR backups (whether its flex or not)

Thats 5 spots right there. Only 5 spots are entirely too small. I prefer going to 7 because u still have to worry about bye weeks for three other positions and plus by leaving that much quality in the market its almost like no penalty for just signing somebody to replace a bad pick...

The FA pool thin is the best way to do it i feel like. That way you actually build your team. The draft should be the most important thing of fantasy. Then obviously maintaining, but there were still PLENTY of FA pickups done throughout the season. This is a comeptitive league and everybody needs to be on their game. Waiver wire helps reduce the FA abuse

And so would the keeper idea i am proposing. Besides the fact that the first few rounds aren't effected by the keeper and u get to pick all the big names again pretty much, but it also refrains people from releasing players. There may be a rookie u have on ur squad that may be woreth the bang, u want to wait out. Like if I were able to keep Mike Williams for an 8th rounder that would be awesome

It makes the whole draft important
    [/quote]</P>

I dont even know how you can think like that. OF COURSE your draft is important. But there are guys to be picked up week by week by those who want to take the risk. After the first week, your draft means absolutely d1ck.
    It's BS if you just HAPPEN to own Danny Woodhead or someone who randomly goes off.

I'm trying to think of other examples, but I have a terrible memory.

I'm sorry, I just cant understand why someone would think that having a thin FA pool is awesome. That's so ridiculous. Simply stated, it makes dropping players unimportant.
    Devery Henderson goes off for 3 scores, and is for some reason unowned, you should really be stressing which of your guys to drop.
    Last year for me isa decentexample. There's a guy I want to get. I lost Ryan Grant in week 1, so i jumped on Brandon Jackson, who didnt really do much all year, but when another RB came along that was available after a first stringer goes down, I should HAVE TO be thinking "hmm...is it worth the risk dropping jackson for this guy? I dont know what either are going to do..."
    Instead....I end up going to the players screen, and saying..."who the **** are these guys? They dont even have any stats yet..."</P>

just doesnt make sense man...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]i know you guys didnt like the sound of it but if you get the chance to play in a 2 qb league, try it.
    [/quote]hey Dezz saw your post from this morning Bud is to closely related to all but two of our dogs not good to inbred ...As far as the question oncancer to unspayed or neuteredmale dogshave a look at this</P>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutering</P>

Its looks like to the males are better of being left alone females is another matter</P>

[/quote]thanks alot b. good read. tucks 100% pure breed so if you ever want to make babies let me know. lol. black an yellow, black an yellow. haha
    [/quote]</P>

Its a good thing we know what you're talking about Dezz.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]i know you guys didnt like the sound of it but if you get the chance to play in a 2 qb league, try it.
    [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

So we shouldn't listen to you?</p>

[/quote]

me?

[/quote]</p>

One week you failed to start a kicker in BOTH leagues at the same time.</p>

Meyerbud.......OUT!!!</p>

[/quote]</p>

Dezz. You just didn't try to compete. Its fine but to admit it and move on is probably the best course of action.</p>[/quote]i started like 1-5 and a bunch of my guys got injured. iv moved on, believe me. haha

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    I agree but I look at it like this:

There are 6 different starting positions, that total 9 different starters

You should have at least 1 QB, 2RB, and 2 WR backups (whether its flex or not)

Thats 5 spots right there. Only 5 spots are entirely too small. I prefer going to 7 because u still have to worry about bye weeks for three other positions and plus by leaving that much quality in the market its almost like no penalty for just signing somebody to replace a bad pick...

The FA pool thin is the best way to do it i feel like. That way you actually build your team. The draft should be the most important thing of fantasy. Then obviously maintaining, but there were still PLENTY of FA pickups done throughout the season. This is a comeptitive league and everybody needs to be on their game. Waiver wire helps reduce the FA abuse

And so would the keeper idea i am proposing. Besides the fact that the first few rounds aren't effected by the keeper and u get to pick all the big names again pretty much, but it also refrains people from releasing players. There may be a rookie u have on ur squad that may be woreth the bang, u want to wait out. Like if I were able to keep Mike Williams for an 8th rounder that would be awesome

It makes the whole draft important
    [/quote]</p>

I dont even know how you can think like that. OF COURSE your draft is important. But there are guys to be picked up week by week by those who want to take the risk. After the first week, your draft means absolutely d1ck.
    It's BS if you just HAPPEN to own Danny Woodhead or someone who randomly goes off.

I'm trying to think of other examples, but I have a terrible memory.

I'm sorry, I just cant understand why someone would think that having a thin FA pool is awesome. That's so ridiculous. Simply stated, it makes dropping players unimportant.
    Devery Henderson goes off for 3 scores, and is for some reason unowned, you should really be stressing which of your guys to drop.
    Last year for me isa decentexample. There's a guy I want to get. I lost Ryan Grant in week 1, so i jumped on Brandon Jackson, who didnt really do much all year, but when another RB came along that was available after a first stringer goes down, I should HAVE TO be thinking "hmm...is it worth the risk dropping jackson for this guy? I dont know what either are going to do..."
    Instead....I end up going to the players screen, and saying..."who the **** are these guys? They dont even have any stats yet..."</p>

just doesnt make sense man...</p>[/quote]

well not for nothing, thats your fault for not utilizing your backup RBs the right way. With a long bench you have no excuse. Who were your backups at RB?

It sounds like u **** the bed rather than the system.

If your making this argument for the later weeks of the season i'd understand more, but to say that once u lost Grant that u had to pick a guy off the waivers to replace him sounds like u ****ed up

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

So we shouldn't listen to you?</P>

[/quote]

me?

[/quote]</P>

One week you failed to start a kicker in BOTH leagues at the same time.</P>

Meyerbud.......OUT!!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Dezz. You just didn't try to compete. Its fine but to admit it and move on is probably the best course of action.</P>

[/quote]i started like 1-5 and a bunch of my guys got injured. iv moved on, believe me. haha
    [/quote]</P>

I started 1 and 6 in the B league and kept fighting. I won my next 5 and got back to 6-6. If Rivers hadn't have crapped the bed for me week 13 I would have made the playoffs.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

HIP HIP!