Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

"Slap It"

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="ny06"]

Eli Manning: Giants would rather have Plaxico than Tiki</p>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-tiki/related</p>

[/quote]

“Probably Plaxico,” Manning said when asked which one would be more welcome in the Giants’ locker room. “He has probably fonder memories, winning a Super Bowl, that catch for the touchdown in Super Bowl XLII. Tiki just ended on a bad note. <u>It’s really a shame, he should be remembered as a great Giants running back and a terrific player — because he was — but the way he went out he burned a few bridges</u>. . . . So I think Plaxico would probably be welcomed back a little quicker.” Eli feels the same as I do.
    [/quote]

Eli is like Jeter - always PC and doesn't speak out of character
    [/quote]Jeter is a high class ambassador for the Major League Baseball. If I were Commissioner, I would want his face everywhere.
    [/quote]</p>

fixed that for you. =D</p>[/quote]As an avid Yankee fan, you know much more about Derek the player...than I do.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]<h1>Bat Babe Ruth used in legendary Sing Sing home run up for auction</h1>

<p class="byline">By BILL SANDERSON</p>
    <p class="date updated">
    Last Updated:
    9:28 AM, June 27, 2011</p>
    <p class="date posted">
    Posted:
    1:03 AM, June 27, 2011</p>

<span></span>
    <div style="float: left; margin-top: 5px;">
    <div style="float: left;">
    </div>
    <div class="twitter_share">

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style legacy">
    <span class="at300bs at15nc at15t_email"></span>
    <span class="at300bs at15nc at15t_facebook"></span>

<span class="at300bs at15nc at15t_expanded"></span>More
    Print
    </div>

<div class="story_body">

The bat Babe Ruth used to whack his longest-ever home run is finishing its journey from the cell block to the auction block. </p>

The Louisville Slugger that the Bambino used to swat a very
    unofficially estimated 620-foot whopper during a 1929 exhibition game at
    Westchester's Sing Sing prison is expected to pull as much as $100,000
    at auction next month. </p>

The hit was admired by 1,500 inmates who watched the ball sail over a 40-foot wall. </p>

"Gee, I wish I was riding out of here on that one!" said an infielder
    on the prison team who had 10 years to go on a 25-year sentence. </p></div>
    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/g...#ixzz1QV22P2OR

[/quote]wonder how much mantles bats would go for.
    http://www.themick.com/10homers.html ......mindbottling

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]<h1>Bat Babe Ruth used in legendary Sing Sing home run up for auction</h1>

<p class="date updated">
    Last Updated:
    <p class="date posted">
    Posted:

<span></span>
    </div>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Print
    </div>

<div class="story_body">

The bat Babe Ruth used to whack his longest-ever home run is finishing its journey from the cell block to the auction block. </p>

The hit was admired by 1,500 inmates who watched the ball sail over a 40-foot wall. </p>

[/quote]
    Very cool site
    <font face="Arial"><font size="4"><font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman">**
    </font>
    <font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman" size="3">Legend has it that Mickey hit balls completely out of
    Yankee Stadium up
    to three times during batting practices. Supposedly Mickey
    did it twice left-handed and once right-handed. Witnesses of these
    incredible feats include fans, stadium vendors, teammates and
    opposing players.</font></font></font>

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

2010</P>

Desean Jackson 47 catches 1056 yds 6 TD's</P>

Mario Manningham 60 catches 944 yards 9 TD's</P>

</P>

Just saying. This is a comparison of each teams deep threat.</P>

[/quote]Thanks for that stat. I completely did not think that MM had that many catches last year. I remember the td's toward the end, but he never really "shocked" me until the last two games.
    [/quote]</P>

I love Hakeem Nicks, but given his tendancy to get hurt and given the growth of Manningham, I honestly can't say if Nicks or Manningham is most valuable to the team.</P>

I can honestly see MM going for something like 1300 yards and 10+ TD's next year. I think he's poised to be an elite WR.</P>

[/quote]I have to say, it's not about favorites for me. <U>Well, I have some allegiances to older player's, but whoever get's it done is the one I want out there playing for us now. </U>
    [/quote]apparently thats "frowned upon in this establishment!!"
    [/quote]</P>

Do you honestly believe that Nunez is a better option than Derek Jeter?</P>

You are nuts!!!</P>

I will say as a Sox fan, I hope Girardi is as foolish as you.</P>

[/quote]where did i say that? with jeter out of the line up this team is A LOT more flexible. people that dont watch the games can deny it all they want but we are tearing it up right now and not having jeter leadoff is the main reason. yea we were starting to tear it up right before jets got hurt. but now we are reeeally clicking.
    [/quote]</P>

Maybe when you wrote this earlier this morning......</P>

</P>

</P>

. who gives a *** if hes the face of the team? give me a break. maybe he outperforms most shortstops on defense but thats it. i dont care if nunez is 5 for 50. hes been getting the hits when they matter which is more than i can say for jeter.</P>

.........Dez, the Jeter hater.

</P>

[/quote]all i said was nunez was hitting when it mattered. never said he was better. and id like to know why no redsox can ever do wrong, but giant players like eli are fair game? huuuuuhhhhh?
    [/quote]</P>

Never complain to outsiders about your players. Only to insiders.</P>

You are outsiders when it comes to the Red Sox. You're not when it comes to the Giants.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]<h1>Bat Babe Ruth used in legendary Sing Sing home run up for auction</h1>

<p class="date updated">
    Last Updated:
    <p class="date posted">
    Posted:

<span></span>
    </div>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Print
    </div>

<div class="story_body">

[/quote]
    Very cool site
    <font face="Arial"><font size="4"><font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman">**
    </font>
    <font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman" size="3">Legend has it that Mickey hit balls completely out of
    Yankee Stadium up
    to three times during batting practices. Supposedly Mickey
    did it twice left-handed and once right-handed. Witnesses of these
    incredible feats include fans, stadium vendors, teammates and
    opposing players.</font></font></font>[/quote]My Dad has and I will eventually have two Mickey Mantle Signed balls. Now you guy's know, I'm not a big Yankee fan....so those babies ARE getting sold.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

2010</p>

Desean Jackson 47 catches 1056 yds 6 TD's</p>

Mario Manningham 60 catches 944 yards 9 TD's</p>

</p>

Just saying. This is a comparison of each teams deep threat.</p>

[/quote]Thanks for that stat. I completely did not think that MM had that many catches last year. I remember the td's toward the end, but he never really "shocked" me until the last two games.
    [/quote]</p>

I love Hakeem Nicks, but given his tendancy to get hurt and given the growth of Manningham, I honestly can't say if Nicks or Manningham is most valuable to the team.</p>

I can honestly see MM going for something like 1300 yards and 10+ TD's next year. I think he's poised to be an elite WR.</p>

[/quote]I have to say, it's not about favorites for me. <u>Well, I have some allegiances to older player's, but whoever get's it done is the one I want out there playing for us now. </u>
    [/quote]apparently thats "frowned upon in this establishment!!"
    [/quote]</p>

Do you honestly believe that Nunez is a better option than Derek Jeter?</p>

You are nuts!!!</p>

I will say as a Sox fan, I hope Girardi is as foolish as you.</p>

[/quote]where did i say that? with jeter out of the line up this team is A LOT more flexible. people that dont watch the games can deny it all they want but we are tearing it up right now and not having jeter leadoff is the main reason. yea we were starting to tear it up right before jets got hurt. but now we are reeeally clicking.
    [/quote]</p>

Maybe when you wrote this earlier this morning......</p>

</p>

</p>

. who gives a *** if hes the face of the team? give me a break. maybe he outperforms most shortstops on defense but thats it. i dont care if nunez is 5 for 50. hes been getting the hits when they matter which is more than i can say for jeter.</p>

.........Dez, the Jeter hater.

</p>

[/quote]all i said was nunez was hitting when it mattered. never said he was better. and id like to know why no redsox can ever do wrong, but giant players like eli are fair game? huuuuuhhhhh?
    [/quote]</p>

Never complain to outsiders about your players. Only to insiders.</p>

You are outsiders when it comes to the Red Sox. You're not when it comes to the Giants.</p>

</p>[/quote]aka youre feeling green, eagle green.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]
    <H1>Bat Babe Ruth used in legendary Sing Sing home run up for auction</H1>
    <P class=byline>By BILL SANDERSON</P>
    <P class="date updated">Last Updated: 9:28 AM, June 27, 2011</P>
    <P class="date posted">Posted: 1:03 AM, June 27, 2011</P><SPAN></SPAN>
    <DIV style="MARGIN-TOP: 5px; FLOAT: left">
    <DIV style="FLOAT: left"></DIV>
    <DIV style="FLOAT: left">
    <DIV class=twitter_share></DIV></DIV></DIV>
    <DIV class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style legacy"><SPAN class="at300bs at15nc at15t_email"></SPAN><SPAN class="at300bs at15nc at15t_facebook"></SPAN><SPAN class="at300bs at15nc at15t_expanded"></SPAN>More Print </DIV>
    <DIV class=story_body>

The bat Babe Ruth used to whack his longest-ever home run is finishing its journey from the cell block to the auction block. </P>

The Louisville Slugger that the Bambino used to swat a very unofficially estimated 620-foot whopper during a 1929 exhibition game at Westchester's Sing Sing prison is expected to pull as much as $100,000 at auction next month. </P>

The hit was admired by 1,500 inmates who watched the ball sail over a 40-foot wall. </P>

"Gee, I wish I was riding out of here on that one!" said an infielder on the prison team who had 10 years to go on a 25-year sentence. </P></DIV>

[/quote]
    Very cool site
    <FONT face=Arial><FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080 face="Times New Roman">** </FONT><FONT color=#000080 size=3 face="Times New Roman">Legend has it that Mickey hit balls completely out of Yankee Stadium up to three times during batting practices. Supposedly Mickey did it twice left-handed and once right-handed. Witnesses of these incredible feats include fans, stadium vendors, teammates and opposing players.</FONT></FONT></FONT>[/quote]My Dad has and I will eventually have two Mickey Mantle Signed balls. Now you guy's know, I'm not a big Yankee fan....so those babies ARE getting sold.
    [/quote]</P>

If you've ever seen the HBO movie 61*. Best line in the film.</P>

They bring out Babe Ruth's widow and she makes some complimentary comments about Mantle, and Mickey says to his teammate....</P>

"I bet I get more ***** than he did".</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]
    <h1>Bat Babe Ruth used in legendary Sing Sing home run up for auction</h1>
    <p class="date updated">Last Updated: 9:28 AM, June 27, 2011</p>
    <p class="date posted">Posted: 1:03 AM, June 27, 2011</p><span></span>
    <div style="margin-top: 5px; float: left;">
    <div style="float: left;"></div>
    <div class="twitter_share"></div></div></div>
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style legacy"><span class="at300bs at15nc at15t_email"></span><span class="at300bs at15nc at15t_facebook"></span><span class="at300bs at15nc at15t_expanded"></span>More Print </div>
    <div class="story_body">

The Louisville Slugger that the Bambino used to swat a very unofficially estimated 620-foot whopper during a 1929 exhibition game at Westchester's Sing Sing prison is expected to pull as much as $100,000 at auction next month. </p>

"Gee, I wish I was riding out of here on that one!" said an infielder on the prison team who had 10 years to go on a 25-year sentence. </p></div>

[/quote]
    Very cool site
    <font face="Arial"><font size="4"><font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman">** </font><font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman" size="3">Legend has it that Mickey hit balls completely out of Yankee Stadium up to three times during batting practices. Supposedly Mickey did it twice left-handed and once right-handed. Witnesses of these incredible feats include fans, stadium vendors, teammates and opposing players.</font></font></font>[/quote]My Dad has and I will eventually have two Mickey Mantle Signed balls. Now you guy's know, I'm not a big Yankee fan....so those babies ARE getting sold.
    [/quote]</p>

If you've ever seen the HBO movie 61*. Best line in the film.</p>

They bring out Babe Ruth's widow and she makes some complimentary comments about Mantle, and Mickey says to his teammate....</p>

"I bet I get more ***** than he did".</p>[/quote]lmao great movie. the bronx is burning is also good

What can our Northeast Contingent say about this?