Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

ccs not going to the all star game, neither is robertson. what a joke.

[quote user="dezzzR"]ccs not going to the all star game, neither is robertson. what a joke.
    [/quote]</P>

Yea,CC and Tex are HUGE snubs this year....
    Valverde and David Price are not really all-star worthy....and I dont agree with the amount of closers that need to be on the all-star roster to begin with. Perez? really? and Aaron Crow from KC? who??

What I don't get is....fans dont do pitcher voting, so WHO in their right mind snubbed Tex and CC??</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

and i hate the whole league rule about every team having required participation.</P>

Matt Weiters? Michael Cudduyer?! awful picks.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]ccs not going to the all star game, neither is robertson. what a joke.
    [/quote]</P>

Valverde and David Price are not really all-star worthy....and I dont agree with the amount of closers that need to be on the all-star roster to begin with. Perez? really? and Aaron Crow from KC? who??

What I don't get is....fans dont do pitcher voting, so WHO in their right mind snubbed Tex and CC??</P>

[/quote]</P>

34 spots and every team has to be represented. Not to mention that all positions have to be represented evenly. PLUS, you now have to win the game to get home field in the WS. Thats why all the relievers. Not to mention that using starters screws up their availability once the regular season resumes.</P>

I can see Dez complaining because he's well.........Dez.</P>

. I'm suprised you are though.</P>

It happens. </P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

34 spots and every team has to be represented. Not to mention that all positions have to be represented evenly. PLUS, you now have to win the game to get home field in the WS. Thats why all the relievers. Not to mention that using starters screws up their availability once the regular season resumes.</P>

I can see Dez complaining because he's well.........Dez.</P>

. I'm suprised you are though.</P>

It happens. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Well, I think better judgement &gt; necessity of representation.
    omitting the winnigest pitcher in the league, and a perennial leader in the HR/RBI race is just bad decision making.

Different argument, but seeding and record should determine WS home field advantage I'm also not a fan of. it trivilizes a team's actual accomplishment from the season.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

ur welcome for yesterday Yankee fans....

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

What I don't get is....fans dont do pitcher voting, so WHO in their right mind snubbed Tex and CC??</p>

[/quote]</p>

34 spots and every team has to be represented. Not to mention that all positions have to be represented evenly. PLUS, you now have to win the game to get home field in the WS. Thats why all the relievers. Not to mention that using starters screws up their availability once the regular season resumes.</p>

I can see Dez complaining because he's well.........Dez.</p>

. I'm suprised you are though.</p>

It happens. </p>[/quote]of course mh doesnt think the starter with the best record in baseball should go to the all star game

half of me agrees that all teams should be represented but the other half says may the best man win the job.

All-Pro

Anyone see this article about the Gulf's recovery since the spill?

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-...pre-spill.html

we spilled over 172 million gallons of oil into the Gulf...about a year ago...today the gulf is getting pretty much the same health grade it was before the spill.

just saying, the earth, the sea, the environment in general....it's a pretty amazing thing, people don't really respect the sheer vastness, adaptability and ability to recover it has.

It's stuff like this that makes me less worried about all the "disaster" forecasted daily in the news, this story will never make the light of day...because it's not "scary" enough for the news...but it's definitely interesting to me.

[quote user="dezzzR"]of course mh doesnt think the starter with the best record in baseball should go to the all star game

half of me agrees that all teams should be represented but the other half says may the best man win the job.
    [/quote]</P>

keeping the positions even I guess makes sense...kinda....because there has to actually be a game with ppl in position, lol..
    but i'm totally against the necessity of every team needing to be represented.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"]Anyone see this article about the Gulf's recovery since the spill?

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-...pre-spill.html

we spilled over 172 million gallons of oil into the Gulf...about a year ago...today the gulf is getting pretty much the same health grade it was before the spill.

just saying, the earth, the sea, the environment in general....it's a pretty amazing thing, people don't really respect the sheer vastness, adaptability and ability to recover it has.

It's stuff like this that makes me less worried about all the "disaster" forecasted daily in the news, this story will never make the light of day...because it's not "scary" enough for the news...but it's definitely interesting to me.
    [/quote]</P>

Wow that is pretty awesome.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant