Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Honestly, if we can just hold on for the next 10 games or so until our players come back. Honestly, I'll take 5-5.</p>

We have one starting pitcher right now. I don't know how we are winning games. I guess God's team is getting some help from ahigh.</p>[/quote]Something is going the right way for God's team.

awful start for hughes yesterday

actually i take that back, it wasn't THAT bad

i just watched the first inning and saw the final. Didnt' know that was the only runs he gave up

i couldn't watch seeing Hughes get hit like that... it was upsetting in the first

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Honestly, if we can just hold on for the next 10 games or so until our players come back. Honestly, I'll take 5-5.</p>

We have one starting pitcher right now. I don't know how we are winning games. I guess God's team is getting some help from ahigh.</p>

[/quote]

well lets tell the truth pappy

BEckett and Lackey are going and Wakefield was on th eborder of being ur 5th starter anyway

so in reality u really have 3 starters

stop crying wolf

[/quote]</p>

Wakefield is tough to watch. I really have to change the channel when we're in the field on Wakefield games. Lackey has been beyond dissapointing. He's one of those guys who can't handle intense atmosphere's like Boston.</p>

Right now its Beckett (great), Wakefield (up and down at best), Miller (not sold at all on him, doesn't throw strikes), Lackey (can't get me out) and pray for rain.</p>

Our bullpen has been our saving grace. Very deep and versatile.</p>

But, once we get Buchholz and Lester back, if we are within 4 games or so, we have a chance to make a run.</p>

Right now its hold on time and hope that no one else gets too hot.</p>[/quote]finally, some honesty.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

We have one starting pitcher right now. I don't know how we are winning games. I guess God's team is getting some help from ahigh.</p>

[/quote]

BEckett and Lackey are going and Wakefield was on th eborder of being ur 5th starter anyway

stop crying wolf

[/quote]</p>

Wakefield is tough to watch. I really have to change the channel when we're in the field on Wakefield games. Lackey has been beyond dissapointing. He's one of those guys who can't handle intense atmosphere's like Boston.</p>

Right now its Beckett (great), Wakefield (up and down at best), Miller (not sold at all on him, doesn't throw strikes), Lackey (can't get me out) and pray for rain.</p>

But, once we get Buchholz and Lester back, if we are within 4 games or so, we have a chance to make a run.</p>

Right now its hold on time and hope that no one else gets too <u><font size="4">hot</font>.</u></p>[/quote]finally, some honesty.
    [/quote]Imagine if the Met's get hot.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]awful start for hughes yesterday
    [/quote]i thought he did alright. only gave up 2 runs. some of his stuff looked a bit flat but thats ok. he was throwing mid 90s. the movement will come back eventually. our bats were putrid last night until the 9th.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

stop crying wolf

[/quote]</p>

Right now its hold on time and hope that no one else gets too hot.</p>[/quote]finally, some honesty.
    [/quote]

its not that honest actually.... hes still trying to pawn off that Wakefield and Lackey aren't regular starters. I'd say more like bs excuses

another dead day eh?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Honestly, if we can just hold on for the next 10 games or so until our players come back. Honestly, I'll take 5-5.</P>

We have one starting pitcher right now. I don't know how we are winning games. I guess God's team is getting some help from ahigh.</P>

[/quote]

stop crying wolf

[/quote]</P>

Wakefield is tough to watch. I really have to change the channel when we're in the field on Wakefield games. Lackey has been beyond dissapointing. He's one of those guys who can't handle intense atmosphere's like Boston.</P>

Right now its Beckett (great), Wakefield (up and down at best), Miller (not sold at all on him, doesn't throw strikes), Lackey (can't get me out) and pray for rain.</P>

Our bullpen has been our saving grace. Very deep and versatile.</P>

But, once we get Buchholz and Lester back, if we are within 4 games or so, we have a chance to make a run.</P>

Right now its hold on time and hope that no one else gets too hot.</P>

[/quote]finally, some honesty.
    [/quote]

its not that honest actually.... hes still trying to pawn off that Wakefield and Lackey aren't regular starters. I'd say more like bs excuses
    [/quote]</P>

Well Lackey probably couldn't start for most teams right now. I may be old fashioned but I think an ERA of 7.47 is a tad high.</P>

Wake is a great Red Sox player and we love the guy. He's been a Sox now for 17 years. But he's almost as old as me, and he is inconsistent to say the least. I will say this, he's great to have on your team. I really don't know where we'd be without him.</P>

I never had too high expectations for Lackey, but I did think he would win 15 games/year and be an innings eater. I just don't think he's cut out for Boston. Maybe he'll turn it around, but Morehead's patience is wearing thin.</P>

But the big problem is Buchholtz and Lester. We have the ERA leader from last year and a guy who won 19 games with back and lat issues, respectfully. That could be really bad.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Soooo, I ended up getting the NYG floor mats that I found at Walmart a few weeks ago. I am happy with them, very durable good gauge rubber. The nice rubber, not the stiff crap. My only concern is that they have no rubber spikes underneath to prevent slipping. I will monitor slippage and advise. For $21, it was a steal.