Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="byron"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </P>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </P>

[/quote]

well we'll see how much he wnats to stay in NY because once its signed all teams will have like 3 days to resign players before free agency starts. So he'll have his shot
    [/quote]</P>

They already stated he is a high priority, he may get more $ from other teams. But the Giants will not give him peanuts. </P>

And what would he rather do, go to a bad team and get paid. Or stay with a good team and get paid?</P>

[/quote]I here ya... but when your talking even a mil difference your goinglook at that..maybe it time to give ware a real short...and get the rook on a fast track...I looked at some film of him showed good visionI like his size,has good hands,he can catch the ball....[/quote]</P>

D.J Ware has done nothing to warrant losing Bradshaw. </P>

Has he looked good in garbage time? Yes, does he have the size and speed to be a legitimate back in this league? Sure. But at the end of the day he is still an unproven player in this league. Bradshaw on the other hand has shown he can play at a high level in the NFL. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </p>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </p>

[/quote]

well we'll see how much he wnats to stay in NY because once its signed all teams will have like 3 days to resign players before free agency starts. So he'll have his shot
    [/quote]</p>

They already stated he is a high priority, he may get more $ from other teams. But the Giants will not give him peanuts. </p>

And what would he rather do, go to a bad team and get paid. Or stay with a good team and get paid?</p>[/quote]

everybody is a different
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </P>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </P>

[/quote]</P>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</P>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</P>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I would be very dissapointed if we lose Bradshaw. Cofield is a solid player and I would hate to see him go. But drafting 2 d-tackles in the 2nd round the past 2 seasons is a sure giveaway that Cofield is gone. </P>

DeAngelo Williams would be a nice pickup, but I can see him getting as much or even more then Bradshaw. </P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </p>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</p>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</p>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</p>[/quote]

Dwill will get a comparable if not bigger contract than Bradshaw so i say your dead wrong
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]What do you guys think he's worth given what we all know...ankle's may be weak?.the fumbles...how many years and how much money do you throw at him....[/quote]</P>

i literally know nothing of football contracts....nothing at all. I dont know whats good, what isnt, what's overpaid, whats underpaid...no idea. lol</P>[/quote]lol... me either they are complicated for sure.... the guaranteed money is the biggest problemI see in general but I understand why the players want it....I don't think it should exceed what you want to pay himfor year at least big contracts......I may way off here

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</P>

[/quote]

Dwill will get a comparable if not bigger contract than Bradshaw so i say your dead wrong
    [/quote]</P>

With a projected cap of $120MM and a current salary total of $123.4MM. All with no draft picks or UFA's signed, it will be tough to keep Bradshaw. Near impossible.</P>

And of course, thats without signing any free agents. There are going to be a lot of "former Giants" out there unless a lot of guys take some huge pay cuts. I could also see us cutting O'Hara and trying to deal Osi. Its seems to me that we are in salary cap hell right now.</P>

And I said a "slight" possibility because his recent injury history might keep him from getting a huge contract.</P>

</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

agreed. better produiction on amediocre(or awful last year)team even while splitting time.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

With a projected cap of $120MM and a current salary total of $123.4MM. All with no draft picks or UFA's signed, it will be tough to keep Bradshaw. Near impossible.</P>

And of course, thats without signing any free agents. There are going to be a lot of "former Giants" out there unless a lot of guys take some huge pay cuts.<FONT color=#0000ff> I could also see us cutting O'Hara</FONT> and trying to deal Osi. Its seems to me that we are in salary cap hell right now.</P>

And I said a "slight" possibility because his recent injury history might keep him from getting a huge contract.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

O'hara and his$3.45 million left on his contract can take a walk..</P>

All-Pro

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Money is going to play a big part in this oneI believe If I'm an owner I'm thinking about those ankles and fumbles how long has TC been trying to fix this he don't seem to get it ...I like AB I justdon't see a giant long termcontract here for him without a way out so it comes down to the guaranteed money no? Trying to understand.. guaranteed money goes against the cap?</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

agreed. better produiction on amediocre(or awful last year)team even while splitting time.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You must be thinking of a different player. DWill played 6 games last year. You guys don't think that teams might be spooked by a RB who is showing signs of brreaking down?</P>

Missed the last 3 games in 2009 (of course right after I traded for him in FF) and played only 6 games last year.</P>

We all know that clubs have been shying away from paying RB's a lot of FA money. Bradshaw has far fewer carries in his career and with RB's, thats a big deal. I say Bradshaw gets a better contract that DWill.</P>

How am I wrong? Remember Shawn Alexander?</P>
    Get well soon 80.