Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </P>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </P>

[/quote]</P>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</P>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</P>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</P>

[/quote]

Dwill will get a comparable if not bigger contract than Bradshaw so i say your dead wrong
    [/quote]</P>

Money is going to play a big part in this oneI believe If I'm an owner I'm thinking about those ankles and fumbles how long has TC been trying to fix this he don't seem to get it ...I like AB I justdon't see a giant long termcontract here for him without a way out so it comes down to the guaranteed money no? Trying to understand.. guaranteed money goes against the cap?</P>

[/quote]</P>

It only goes against the cap in the years its actually paid out.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </P>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </P>

[/quote]</P>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</P>

[/quote]

Dwill will get a comparable if not bigger contract than Bradshaw so i say your dead wrong
    [/quote]</P>

With a projected cap of $120MM and a current salary total of $123.4MM. All with no draft picks or UFA's signed, it will be tough to keep Bradshaw. Near impossible.</P>

And of course, thats without signing any free agents. There are going to be a lot of "former Giants" out there unless a lot of guys take some huge pay cuts. I could also see us cutting O'Hara and trying to deal Osi. Its seems to me that we are in salary cap hell right now.</P>

And I said a "slight" possibility because his recent injury history might keep him from getting a huge contract.</P>

</P>[/quote] I get what your saying MH in my mindthis new argreementis going to change things quite bit....teams with cap space could benifit big time this year ...going to be a lot of good players out there I think.....

[quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

With a projected cap of $120MM and a current salary total of $123.4MM. All with no draft picks or UFA's signed, it will be tough to keep Bradshaw. Near impossible.</P>

And of course, thats without signing any free agents. There are going to be a lot of "former Giants" out there unless a lot of guys take some huge pay cuts. I could also see us cutting O'Hara and trying to deal Osi. Its seems to me that we are in salary cap hell right now.</P>

And I said a "slight" possibility because his recent injury history might keep him from getting a huge contract.</P>

</P>

[/quote] I get what your saying MH in my mindthis new argreementis going to change things quite bit....teams with cap space could benifit big time this year ...going to be a lot of good players out there I think.....[/quote]</P>

The NFL is changing a lot. Teams will be required to spend at least 90% of their cap space on player salaries.</P>

I really don't know how thats going to effect teams' behavior. But it does prevent teams from cutting salary.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Money is going to play a big part in this oneI believe If I'm an owner I'm thinking about those ankles and fumbles how long has TC been trying to fix this he don't seem to get it ...I like AB I justdon't see a giant long termcontract here for him without a way out so it comes down to the guaranteed money no? Trying to understand.. guaranteed money goes against the cap?</P>

[/quote]</P>

It only goes against the cap in the years its actually paid out.</P>[/quote] ok...if a player never plays again after the first year of his contract due to injury...does he still get the guarantees?....probably a injuryclause ?...I'll stop now and thanks MH

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

agreed. better produiction on amediocre(or awful last year)team even while splitting time.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You must be thinking of a different player. DWill played 6 games last year. You guys don't think that teams might be spooked by a RB who is showing signs of brreaking down?</P>

Missed the last 3 games in 2009 (of course right after I traded for him in FF) and played only 6 games last year.</P>

We all know that clubs have been shying away from paying RB's a lot of FA money. Bradshaw has far fewer carries in his career and with RB's, thats a big deal. I say Bradshaw gets a better contract that DWill.</P>

How am I wrong? Remember Shawn Alexander?</P>

[/quote]</P>

ummm...because before he got hurt he had an amazing season.
    and Bradshaw is an injury risk too.
    So, how am I wrong?

D-Will will get more than Bradshaw...im like 98% sure...

The other 2% is because 98% of people in the world are really ****ing stupid.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote] I get what your saying MH in my mindthis new argreementis going to change things quite bit....teams with cap space could benifit big time this year ...going to be a lot of good players out there I think.....[/quote]</P>

The NFL is changing a lot. Teams will be required to spend at least 90% of their cap space on player salaries.</P>

I really don't know how thats going to effect teams' behavior. But it does prevent teams from cutting salary.</P>[/quote]yea I know that's up 10% from the last agreement ....well I think there will be more turnover for oneor smaller contracts for players in the future or both..which may mean perhaps more parody through out the league

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

agreed. better produiction on amediocre(or awful last year)team even while splitting time.</P>

[/quote]</P>

You must be thinking of a different player. DWill played 6 games last year. You guys don't think that teams might be spooked by a RB who is showing signs of brreaking down?</P>

Missed the last 3 games in 2009 (of course right after I traded for him in FF) and played only 6 games last year.</P>

We all know that clubs have been shying away from paying RB's a lot of FA money. Bradshaw has far fewer carries in his career and with RB's, thats a big deal. I say Bradshaw gets a better contract that DWill.</P>

[/quote]</P>

So, how am I wrong?

The other 2% is because 98% of people in the world are really ****ing stupid.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Stupid? Really.</P>

You meanstupid like describing a season where a guy plays 6 games, rushes for 361 yards. (60 yards/game) and a grand total of 1 TD, and calling that amazing?</P>

You mean that kind of stupid?</P>

Of course in your little world, when DWare gets 3 carries for 14 yards in a game, thats amazing.</P>

So I guess it depends on who you ask.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

So, how am I wrong?

[/quote]</P>

Stupid? Really.</P>

You meanstupid like describing a season where a guy plays 6 games, rushes for 361 yards. (60 yards/game) and a grand total of 1 TD, and calling that amazing?</P>

You mean that kind of stupid?</P>

Of course in your little world, when DWare gets 3 carries for 14 yards in a game, thats amazing.</P>

So I guess it depends on who you ask.</P>

[/quote]</P>

a guy from the worst team in the NFL gets hurt and youre basing a season off that? lol ok.
    you go right ahead and do that.

meanwhile, on planet earth, the rest of us know D-Will is a threat when healthy.
    AND since he was effective prior to injury, and has proven he can produce even while splitting carries, he'll get paid also. And likely more than AB since he has more time under his belt.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </p>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</p>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</p>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

agreed. better produiction on amediocre(or awful last year)team even while splitting time.</p>

[/quote]</p>

You must be thinking of a different player. DWill played 6 games last year. You guys don't think that teams might be spooked by a RB who is showing signs of brreaking down?</p>

Missed the last 3 games in 2009 (of course right after I traded for him in FF) and played only 6 games last year.</p>

We all know that clubs have been shying away from paying RB's a lot of FA money. Bradshaw has far fewer carries in his career and with RB's, thats a big deal. I say Bradshaw gets a better contract that DWill.</p>

How am I wrong? Remember Shawn Alexander?</p>

[/quote]</p>

So, how am I wrong?

The other 2% is because 98% of people in the world are really ****ing stupid.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Stupid? Really.</p>

You meanstupid like describing a season where a guy plays 6 games, rushes for 361 yards. (60 yards/game) and a grand total of 1 TD, and calling that amazing?</p>

You mean that kind of stupid?</p>

Of course in your little world, when DWare gets 3 carries for 14 yards in a game, thats amazing.</p>

So I guess it depends on who you ask.</p>[/quote]

ouch
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

I bet when the cba get's done the Giants will make Bradshaw there first player they resign. </p>

Of course the Dolphins are interested in Bradshaw, I bet numerous teams are as well. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If I were a betting man. (and we all know I'm not) I would say that we will lose Bradshaw and Cofield and resign Kiwi and Steve Smith.</p>

I do see a slight possibility that we sign Deangelo Williams.</p>

Just a guess based on my evil genius.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

agreed. better produiction on amediocre(or awful last year)team even while splitting time.</p>

[/quote]</p>

You must be thinking of a different player. DWill played 6 games last year. You guys don't think that teams might be spooked by a RB who is showing signs of brreaking down?</p>

Missed the last 3 games in 2009 (of course right after I traded for him in FF) and played only 6 games last year.</p>

We all know that clubs have been shying away from paying RB's a lot of FA money. Bradshaw has far fewer carries in his career and with RB's, thats a big deal. I say Bradshaw gets a better contract that DWill.</p>

How am I wrong? Remember Shawn Alexander?</p>

[/quote]</p>

So, how am I wrong?

The other 2% is because 98% of people in the world are really ****ing stupid.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Stupid? Really.</p>

You meanstupid like describing a season where a guy plays 6 games, rushes for 361 yards. (60 yards/game) and a grand total of 1 TD, and calling that amazing?</p>

You mean that kind of stupid?</p>

Of course in your little world, when DWare gets 3 carries for 14 yards in a game, thats amazing.</p>

So I guess it depends on who you ask.</p>

[/quote]</p>

a guy from the worst team in the NFL gets hurt and youre basing a season off that? lol ok.
    you go right ahead and do that.

meanwhile, on planet earth, the rest of us know D-Will is a threat when healthy.
    AND since he was effective prior to injury, and has proven he can produce even while splitting carries, he'll get paid also. And likely more than AB since he has more time under his belt.</p>[/quote]

well i think a few things are certainly clear... Dwill is on the downside of his career and Bradshaw is on the rise

DWill is the top FA and will get more if not the same than Bradshaw
    Fear the name, appreciate the game