Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Let's put an end to this already. If the Monday night game (30 days from today) vs Chicago gets cancelled I am going to be pissed.

[/quote]

what a ****tease yesterday

apparently the owners pulled some bull****
    [/quote]</p>

The owners did nothing. All that happened is that they agreed on a system to compensate other teams as a part of revenue sharing. Thats strictly internal between the owners. With the 90% minimum each team has to make sure they have the revenues to pay their players.</p>

This is just union bluster. Just watch, they will approve the deal today.</p>[/quote]

i read they basically sent the same deal as last time. They didn't address nay of the major changes that held it up...

it seems like they tried to slip **** in and put it on the players for not being ready in time
    [/quote]^This. Yep.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Let's put an end to this already. If the Monday night game (30 days from today) vs Chicago gets cancelled I am going to be pissed.

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

The owners did nothing. All that happened is that they agreed on a system to compensate other teams as a part of revenue sharing. Thats strictly internal between the owners. With the 90% minimum each team has to make sure they have the revenues to pay their players.</p>

This is just union bluster. Just watch, they will approve the deal today.</p>[/quote]I thought it would be yesterday--my prediction is today also. I read in tagf(not sure of source) that the players did not see a copy of the final contract until 10pm last night? How could they be expected to vote on something they have not seen? If valid info, I get the players position.
    [/quote]

yea they ar evoting today

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

This is just union bluster. Just watch, they will approve the deal today.</p>

[/quote]I thought it would be yesterday--my prediction is today also. I read in tagf(not sure of source) that the players did not see a copy of the final contract until 10pm last night? How could they be expected to vote on something they have not seen? If valid info, I get the players position.
    [/quote]</p>

Wouldn't that be the responsibility of their union leader?</p>[/quote]

no. It wa sbased on the time the owners sent it out

which was late

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]I thought it would be yesterday--my prediction is today also. I read in tagf(not sure of source) that the players did not see a copy of the final contract until 10pm last night? How could they be expected to vote on something they have not seen? If valid info, I get the players position.
    [/quote]</p>

which was late
    [/quote]That is such b.s. --owner's create the players voting delay--and try to make themselves look good. Typical.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

The owners did nothing. All that happened is that they agreed on a system to compensate other teams as a part of revenue sharing. Thats strictly internal between the owners. With the 90% minimum each team has to make sure they have the revenues to pay their players.</P>

This is just union bluster. Just watch, they will approve the deal today.</P>

[/quote]

i read they basically sent the same deal as last time. They didn't address nay of the major changes that held it up...

it seems like they tried to slip **** in and put it on the players for not being ready in time
    [/quote]</P>

Thats a load of crap. They had a handshake agreement with D Smith. The players are a bunch of children that need to be led by the hand by D Smith. And they will be.</P>

The deal was agreed upon after months of negotiations. The only things added by the teams were internal stuff between teams. All of which is designed to make sure each team can meet the 90% minimum agreed upon.</P>

Stop reading Communist rags Matt and join the 21st century.</P>

</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

so awesome....</P>

I just helped a guy whos applying for a vehicle loan...
    He's buying a 2012 Mustang Boss 302. And he's getting the Laguna Seca Model.
    First off, they are only making 3000 of the Boss 302, and nobody knows if they are going to make them again next year or ever, AND only 300 of them are the Laguna Seca. So this is going to be a collector car basically. Kinda like how you don't see the Shelby GT500s that were made the past few years.
    He says he's going to bring it back if the deal goes through so I can actually see one. So sick.</P>

[/quote]Sounds sweet. I love cars. That stang is going to fly.
    Not as sexy as a stang, but I'm looking at Big Suv's for the wife/kids right now. I built a Nissan Armada online last night. These things come with a 5.6 liter V8 pushing 317 hp. I hope Chevy gives me a deal on the tahoes...I love/prefer GM.
    [/quote]</P>

Armadas are HUUUUGE! I kinda like those actually. although not really my style.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

which was late
    [/quote]That is such b.s. --owner's create the players voting delay--and try to make themselves look good. Typical.
    [/quote]

the real puzzling thing is that Goodlel and Smith were on the phone for an hour before they sent it out and Smith reportedly told him that the players wouldn't go for it but they sent it anyway

This is good. I will never look at - it - or mexican food the same way.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Thats a load of crap. They had a handshake agreement with D Smith. The players are a bunch of children that need to be led by the hand by D Smith. And they will be.</p>

The deal was agreed upon after months of negotiations. The only things added by the teams were internal stuff between teams. All of which is designed to make sure each team can meet the 90% minimum agreed upon.</p>

Stop reading Communist rags Matt and join the 21st century.</p>

</p>[/quote]

oh so the players agreed to it and are just pretending not to?

what would the point of that be

and i was reading updates from all outlets as it was going on

Oderint Dum Metuant