Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and don't mistake me saying republicans are huge pieces of ****s as me being a conspiracy theory type guy. I think Democrats are **** bags too... just not as big
    [/quote]

The differences between Democrats and Republicans are mostly ideological, neither is inherently a bigger **** bag then the other because of their intentions...

In short, to simplify as much as possible...

Dem's want your tax money to go to the government...and the government will decide where to use that money.

Rep's want you to keep your tax money, and for you to decide where to use it.

and to bring it back to football, all the complaining the players did last night...well many of them are regretting it now that they are actually looking at the new plan, many analyst and players were making snap judgements on something they knew nothing about last night...

The deal is sounds good today...and it sounds like they are gonna take it.
    [/quote]

hope they do

at leats democrats have the initial philosophy of trying to take care of teh country while repubs take care of themselves

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]they own the league. lol its their money. its like you think everyone with money is some corporate scum bag looking to **** everyone. STOP STEREOTYPING!!! nothing ever seems good enough for these players. sounds a lot like the osi situation, only on a much larger scale, and you want osi gone.
    [/quote]

i'm not going to pretend to understand all the ins and out of the CBA and all of that...

but that 9bil is getting split with the players so obviously it wasn't their money

and don't mistake me saying republicans are huge pieces of ****s as me being a conspiracy theory type guy. I think Democrats are **** bags too... just not as big
    [/quote]</p>

Its amazing how small political differences really are.</p>

You and I think that both repulican and democrat politicians are jaggoffs. You just think that the GOP is slightly more jaggoffy that Dems. I think the opposite.</p>

Thats right....I said "jaggoffy"</p>

[/quote]

<u>i just find it hilarious that you think the rich shouldn't be taxed as heavy, even though they have the money, because they create jobs.</u> They do create jobs, in India.

I wouldn't mind giving dudes a break that actually do create and keep jobs in America. But the money can't come from the bottom to get us out of this mess.
    [/quote]taxing the rich wont do anything. if we tax the rich guess what happens. the employees of the rich get fired or cuts in their paycheck. the rich will cut cost to make up for the loss and the middle and poor will still get screwed. this has been proven time and time again.
    [/quote]</p>

The poor don't get screwed, they have nothign to lose. It's the middle class that get's screwed. </p>[/quote]sure the poor with feel it. if rich get tax more, there are less jobs. plus like matt said businesses will be more prone to send jobs overseas for cheaper. we have to stay competitive.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]they own the league. lol its their money. its like you think everyone with money is some corporate scum bag looking to **** everyone. STOP STEREOTYPING!!! nothing ever seems good enough for these players. sounds a lot like the osi situation, only on a much larger scale, and you want osi gone.
    [/quote]

i'm not going to pretend to understand all the ins and out of the CBA and all of that...

but that 9bil is getting split with the players so obviously it wasn't their money

and don't mistake me saying republicans are huge pieces of ****s as me being a conspiracy theory type guy. I think Democrats are **** bags too... just not as big
    [/quote]</p>

Its amazing how small political differences really are.</p>

You and I think that both repulican and democrat politicians are jaggoffs. You just think that the GOP is slightly more jaggoffy that Dems. I think the opposite.</p>

Thats right....I said "jaggoffy"</p>

[/quote]

i just find it hilarious that you think the rich shouldn't be taxed as heavy, even though they have the money, because they create jobs. They do create jobs, in India.

I wouldn't mind giving dudes a break that actually do create and keep jobs in America. But the money can't come from the bottom to get us out of this mess.
    [/quote]</p>

Most of the "rich" pay over 50% of their income in taxes between fed and state. There comes a point when they stop investing because of diminishing return. This is simple economic fact.</p>

I have no problem eliminating all deductions and lowering rates so they can't hire tax accountants to get them out of paying their fair share. But the lowering of rates is key to economic growth, which creates jobs and prosperity. Every investment is taxed at your highest rate. Lowering rates will incentivize investment (there's 2 trillion on the sidelines, why do you think that is?) and with the elimination of deductions, they will still pay.</p>[/quote]I think it should be equal taxation across the board. The wealthy will end up paying more proportionately, but the % should be equal. It's difficult for the rich, their constantly trying to make more so the 50% is enough. Investments that serve as a tax shelter or write-offs (or any break possible) become vital.
    [/quote]im sorry but i think its absurd that anyone should have to give 50% of what they make to the gov, doesnt matter if its bill gates or that guy ted williams. this country was founded because of high taxes.
    [/quote]

im pretty sure it was because the poor were being taxed out of their ***

lol u kind of just hurt ur own point

aka - the poor couldn't make ends meet
    [/quote]everyone was being taxed out the ***. the founding fathers werent poor. and how did i hurt my point? i want equality for all americans, thats what america is about. what the hells the point of working if the gov just going to get half?
    [/quote]

your really trying to compare escaping a foreign power to our country today and its ridic. The general philosophy was to take care of Americans - people that actually lived here.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and don't mistake me saying republicans are huge pieces of ****s as me being a conspiracy theory type guy. I think Democrats are **** bags too... just not as big
    [/quote]

The differences between Democrats and Republicans are mostly ideological, neither is inherently a bigger **** bag then the other because of their intentions...

Dem's want your tax money to go to the government...and the government will decide where to use that money.

and to bring it back to football, all the complaining the players did last night...well many of them are regretting it now that they are actually looking at the new plan, many analyst and players were making snap judgements on something they knew nothing about last night...

[/quote]

hope they do

<u>at leats democrats have the initial philosophy of trying to take care of teh country while repubs take care of themselves</u>

[/quote] lol giiive me a break.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and don't mistake me saying republicans are huge pieces of ****s as me being a conspiracy theory type guy. I think Democrats are **** bags too... just not as big
    [/quote]

[/quote]

hope they do

at leats democrats have the initial philosophy of trying to take care of teh country while repubs take care of themselves

[/quote]</P>

The trap of "good intentions". Good intentions will be the ruin of us. Back in the Clinton admin. they passed a "luxury tax". Yachts were taxed an addition 10%. Well why not? The rich can afford it.</P>

The yacht building industry saw a huge drop in sales (more than 50%) and thousands of everyday, middle class workers had to be laid off. The tax was repealed.</P>

Allowing people to have as much opportunity as possible is the only way to create prosperity. 235 years as the most properous country in history is proof.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

I'm sorry if I am being a simpleton today-this is some of the funniest **** I have seen in a while.

So True--I would of reached for a ruler if it were nearby. fyi-My thumbs FAT &amp; HUGE.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and don't mistake me saying republicans are huge pieces of ****s as me being a conspiracy theory type guy. I think Democrats are **** bags too... just not as big
    [/quote]

[/quote]

hope they do

<u>at leats democrats have the initial philosophy of trying to take care of teh country while repubs take care of themselves</u>

[/quote] lol giiive me a break.
    [/quote]

the concept that we should take care of those who outsourced jobs and handshake that they will bring them back one day is funny... hence the bottom line of republicans when it comes to employment

My thoughts? They are gone and never coming back. **** those people that did it. They are about business and bottom lines.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hope they do

[/quote]</p>

The trap of "good intentions". Good intentions will be the ruin of us. Back in the Clinton admin. they passed a "luxury tax". Yachts were taxed an addition 10%. Well why not? The rich can afford it.</p>

The yacht building industry saw a huge drop in sales (more than 50%) and thousands of everyday, middle class workers had to be laid off. The tax was repealed.</p>

Allowing people to have as much opportunity as possible is the only way to create prosperity. 235 years as the most properous country in history is proof.</p>[/quote]

lol good intentions are better than just blatant bad intentions lol

We have to change your name to "Captain Random".

Sorry--very easily distracted lately.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hope they do

[/quote]</p>

The trap of "good intentions". Good intentions will be the ruin of us. Back in the Clinton admin. they passed a "luxury tax". Yachts were taxed an addition 10%. Well why not? The rich can afford it.</p>

The yacht building industry saw a huge drop in sales (more than 50%) and thousands of everyday, middle class workers had to be laid off. The tax was repealed.</p>

Allowing people to have as much opportunity as possible is the only way to create prosperity. 235 years as the most properous country in history is proof.</p>[/quote]

lol good intentions are better than just blatant bad intentions lol
    [/quote]or the intent to deceive from the onset.