Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and i have a very real topic that i am curious as to where you guys stand...

especially moorehead

it always gets overlooked: Whats your thoughts on the legalization of pot[/quote]

<font color="#0000ff">I'm for legalizing ALL drugs</font>, this way they would be controlled, not cut with even more dangerous chemicals, you'd know what you were getting and therefore it would be safer, It would remove the "taboo" of many drugs, kids generally get into it BECAUSE it's illegal and it's dangerous...to be cool etc etc.....when you can just go to the corner store and pick it up it'd be less popular.

Most importantly, the Government could TAX the sale of these drugs, which would be a serious boon to revenue.
    [/quote]</p>

legalizing marijuana is one thing, but to legalize all drugs is insaine. </p>

[/quote]

For what reason? It's not like they don't exist here because they are Illegal....people still do them, the problem is they do ****, shady dealers add all types of chemicals to make higher profits, in order to find it you have to deal with dangerous people and situations....legalizing these substances would require there to be some "control" over what goes into it and therefore make it safer....PLUS The Government could Tax the product, which would definitely help out in our current situation.
    [/quote]</p>

The Goverment can make billions on Marijuana alone. They can tax the hell out of it. It's the only drug proven to not be fatal. </p>

Can you imagine crack, meth, heroin, X, speed, etc all available to the public? </p>

If under age kids can find ways to purchase beer, what's to say they won't be able to purchase drugs? </p>

[/quote]

Alcohol can be fatal, Cigarettes kill thousands upon thousands every year, they are legal, I can't follow the logic of your point, driving cars can easily be lethal...there are plenty of dangerous activities that are legal...why should recreational drug use be any different?

Yes the government can make billions off of Marijuana alone....Billions is literally nothing...we are TRILLIONS of dollars in debt...100-200billion dollars worth in taxes from Mary Jane....will barely even be noticeable, combine everything together...maybe 500 Million...no matter what it's not gonna "solve" the problem....but it's something, I can't follow the logic of allowing one drug and not another though...in my opinion it should be all or nothing.
    [/quote]</p>

My point is the last thing we need is to have any sort of drug at our disposal. Yes this country is in major debt. But by legalizing <u>all </u>drugs will be more harm then good. </p>

</p>[/quote]

its hard to really debate that as well

this is more of a debate to me than no braining the fact that pot should be legal

whether you agree wtih it or not, i just wish people would keep this arguments seperate. It helps keep pot down as a drug like crack and heroin oppose to where it should be grouped with : liqour and cigs

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and i have a very real topic that i am curious as to where you guys stand...

especially moorehead

it always gets overlooked: Whats your thoughts on the legalization of pot[/quote]

<font color="#0000ff">I'm for legalizing ALL drugs</font>, this way they would be controlled, not cut with even more dangerous chemicals, you'd know what you were getting and therefore it would be safer, It would remove the "taboo" of many drugs, kids generally get into it BECAUSE it's illegal and it's dangerous...to be cool etc etc.....when you can just go to the corner store and pick it up it'd be less popular.

Most importantly, the Government could TAX the sale of these drugs, which would be a serious boon to revenue.
    [/quote]</p>

[/quote]

For what reason? It's not like they don't exist here because they are Illegal....people still do them, the problem is they do ****, shady dealers add all types of chemicals to make higher profits, in order to find it you have to deal with dangerous people and situations....legalizing these substances would require there to be some "control" over what goes into it and therefore make it safer....PLUS The Government could Tax the product, which would definitely help out in our current situation.
    [/quote]</p>

The Goverment can make billions on Marijuana alone. They can tax the hell out of it. It's the only drug proven to not be fatal. </p>

Can you imagine crack, meth, heroin, X, speed, etc all available to the public? </p>

If under age kids can find ways to purchase beer, what's to say they won't be able to purchase drugs? </p>[/quote]

it was my experience that it was easier to get drugs in hs than liqour - just saying

not in love with legalizing all drugs, infact i think when people say that it hurts legalizing just pot.

one step at a time

and it does sound crazy, but I always hear people make good points baout doing it
    [/quote]

Yeah the most feasible way to do it is step by step starting with weed, to try to do them all in one fell swoop would never work...people couldn't stomach it, it would be too big a change very few would accept it...

I'm not pushing for it to be done that way, what I am saying if it could be done it would be beneficial all around in my opinion.

you guys make me want to kill myself....no seriously, do you want that on your conscience? that you offed JPizzack with your banter? how terrible!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"]

especially moorehead

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

If under age kids can find ways to purchase beer, what's to say they won't be able to purchase drugs? </p>[/quote]

it was my experience that it was easier to get drugs in hs than liqour - just saying

not in love with legalizing all drugs, infact i think when people say that it hurts legalizing just pot.

one step at a time

and it does sound crazy, but I always hear people make good points baout doing it
    [/quote]

Yeah the most feasible way to do it is step by step starting with weed, to try to do them all in one fell swoop would never work...people couldn't stomach it, it would be too big a change very few would accept it...

I'm not pushing for it to be done that way, what I am saying if it could be done it would be beneficial all around in my opinion.
    [/quote]

but as someone that has had their experience with coke and e... i mean when i wa sinto it big it was all the time. I know alot of people that i was doing it with that could never break that cycle

you would have to think we would obviously have alot more drug addicts by it... making it socially acceptable and younger generations would think its okay

it chills me to think that had this happened like some 13 year old says he can't wait to turn 21 so he can shoot up legally (like we did about drinking at that age)

you do make good points but as a human race im not sure its in our best interest

but i do agree the denial about the use in this country needs to end. We just aren't a realististic society. I think they should lessen possession charges and really stick it to the creaters and big dealers

[quote user="JPizzack"]you guys make me want to kill myself....no seriously, do you want that on your conscience? that you offed JPizzack with your banter? how terrible![/quote]

we were kinda hoping for it...

we already got ur fantasy spot filled

lol j/p

[quote user="JPizzack"]you guys make me want to kill myself....no seriously, do you want that on your conscience? that you offed JPizzack with your banter? how terrible![/quote]</P>

Right. HBO soap operas and back waxing is better conversation.</P>

And my conscience would bother me for a day or so, but I'd get past it.</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]you guys make me want to kill myself....no seriously, do you want that on your conscience? that you offed JPizzack with your banter? how terrible![/quote]

lol j/p
    [/quote]</P>

Pizz who?</P>
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

All-Pro

[quote user="ny06"]My point is the last thing we need is to have any sort of drug at our disposal. Yes this country is in major debt. But by legalizing <u>all </u>drugs would be more harm then good.[/quote]

I understand that's what you think, I just don't see the logic behind it.

People (including kids) already have ways of finding the same drugs you are against legalizing, but when they find it they are putting themselves in dangerous situations and getting drugs that are cut with all types of chemicals that have way worse symptoms and side effects then the drug itself.

Hypothetical question.

say you have a 16 year old son...now lets say he's gonna by some cocaine...

Assume that you have no way to stop him, he's going to do it and there is nothing you can do.

would you rather him buy it from a corner store, from the local pharmacist and be sure that what he's doing is actually Cocaine and isn't cut with levamisole which is a de-worming chemical used in cattle that occasionally causes a flesh eating disease in humans...

or would you rather him drive to the closes shady neighborhood, have him walk into a back alley and meet up with a dealer who has cut the cocaine with levamisole...or who knows what...and maybe get jumped and robbed or who knows what.

which would you rather....hypothetically...

remember you CAN NOT stop him from trying it...so the choice is get it from the local pharmacy or take his chances in the ghetto...which would you prefer.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"]My point is the last thing we need is to have any sort of drug at our disposal. Yes this country is in major debt. But by legalizing <u>all </u>drugs would be more harm then good.[/quote]

I understand that's what you think, I just don't see the logic behind it.

People (including kids) already have ways of finding the same drugs you are against legalizing, but when they find it they are putting themselves in dangerous situations and getting drugs that are cut with all types of chemicals that have way worse symptoms and side effects then the drug itself.

Hypothetical question.

say you have a 16 year old son...now lets say he's gonna by some cocaine...

Assume that you have no way to stop him, he's going to do it and there is nothing you can do.

would you rather him buy it from a corner store, from the local pharmacist and be sure that what he's doing is actually Cocaine and isn't cut with levamisole which is a de-worming chemical used in cattle that occasionally causes a flesh eating disease in humans...

or would you rather him drive to the closes shady neighborhood, have him walk into a back alley and meet up with a dealer who has cut the cocaine with levamisole...or who knows what...and maybe get jumped and robbed or who knows what.

which would you rather....hypothetically...

remember you CAN NOT stop him from trying it...so the choice is get it from the local pharmacy or take his chances in the ghetto...which would you prefer.
    [/quote]

yea but there is some logic to the fact those dangerous situations do prevent alot of people from doing that stuff.

actually when u bring up the hypothetical it makes me think of how dangerous it could actually be to legalize it. More people would try more drugs which would lead to more addiction...

its gives too many opportunities to be a waste. We are a gluttonous country.

Obviously anybody would want their kid to have the cleanest **** possible if there was no way u could stop it.....

but by having that store 4 other kids in his class that would of never tried coke because of the shadyness are now going into that pharmacy trying it and probably 2 or 3 are going to ge taddicted

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]you guys make me want to kill myself....no seriously, do you want that on your conscience? that you offed JPizzack with your banter? how terrible![/quote]

lol j/p
    [/quote]bahahahahaaaaaa