Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]Disagree.

Shockey was getting on everyone's nerves[/quote]</p>

Does noone at you're work annoy you? I simply do not understand how anyone could honestly believe that Shockey "getting on everyone's nerves" could possibly have any effect on how the team plays on the field.</p>[/quote]

stop compaing working at a bank the idea of team unity in professional sports with media in ur face every 5 minutes

U really try to simplifiy things to where u try to make them seem similiar, but its not
    [/quote]

It is, you are over complicating things, these guys are just doing their jobs, they do not need "team unity" anymore then your QC department does....

[/quote]

for u to say there is no difference in reasons for somebody wanting to be traded means u've already lost this argument

good day sir
    [/quote]

I don't agree with that, but my question isn't about whats right whats wrong...it's about the reaction of these boards.

the moment it was suggested that Shockey "didn't want to play for the giants" people went ape-****....

"if he doesn't want to play for us get rid of him" was a very common statement.
    "Addition by Subtraction" was another.

the attitude I got from the boards was...Anyone who doesn't "WANT" to be a NYG doesn't belong here.

well Osi obviously isn't interested in being a NYG, if he gets the contract he'll stay...because it makes sense for him...monetarily, but he has no affection towards the "giants" as a team (and I would argue it's rare nowadays to find anyone so attached to their team that they are not willing to accept more money from another team)

But seeing as that's the case...where is all the outrage towards Osi....
    [/quote]

and again daven, most of this is ur imagination

there were plenty of people who were pissed shockey was gone. Probably the same people fighting to keep Osi here

The difference is that at the time of trade demands Osi's value is MUCH higher. Alot of people want to just dump him. But also alot of people like me, would dump him if we could get the value

a disgruntled DE who really can't take plays off, if he stays then whatever he stays. He can't **** the bed or hold out, it would be against his main interest, which is to be paid

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

well actually alot of INTs were balls forced into shockey as he complained about not getting the ball

[/quote]</P>

Shockey doesnt throw the ball to himself, who's fault was that?</P>

I already commented on the Philly situation.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]if u can't understand the difference between the reason for trades then i dont expect u to realize what everybody else sees. Although i do know u see it and ur just slow at work today probably
    [/quote]

Stop acting like you actually believe there is anything about this I don't understand...stop coping out.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]its your general relationship with ur receivers..[/quote]

Working relationships can be built without being friendly...even with people you find annoying.

Eli and Shockeys "Timing" on routes could have been (and probably was at the time) the best of any of the pass receivers on the team....even if they find each other very annoying.

you seem to think you need to be "friends" in order to work with someone...I completely disagree with that.

<font size="5">BTW MOREHEAD</font>

#1) don't worry about the Draft...as long as I actually remember to make it to the draft this year...it'll be better then last year.

#2) what do you think about the Debt Limit compromise that's been laid out today.
    [/quote]

not with players with egos like shockey. Every person is not the same. Not EVERY person can have a professional relationship with ANYbody.

shockey was def a head case.

No i don't disagree with that, but i think with a person like shockey if hes not on board hes more destructive than useful

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]if u can't understand the difference between the reason for trades then i dont expect u to realize what everybody else sees. Although i do know u see it and ur just slow at work today probably
    [/quote]

Stop acting like you actually believe there is anything about this I don't understand...stop coping out.
    [/quote]

theres no cop out

u just think the situation that Shockey nad Osi had are the same because they are holding out

if u don't understand the difference, then i dont hink u'd understand why some people feel fine about letting Osi play it out if we can't get a frst rounder for him

Its not a cop out actually, its the truth. But like i said, i know ur slow at work today so i'll keep humoring you

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Daven, if you go QB with the first pick you will kill your team.[/quote]

well first pick overall i think u mean

i def see some QBs going first round and it being worth it
    [/quote]
    Does he have a different first pick Matt?
    [/quote]

ahh read it wrong, thought he said "your first pick"

jsut saying I could see Vick going as early as 5
    [/quote]
    I could see him going as early as 2 []

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]if u can't understand the difference between the reason for trades then i dont expect u to realize what everybody else sees. Although i do know u see it and ur just slow at work today probably
    [/quote]

[/quote]

theres no cop out

u just think the situation that Shockey nad Osi had are the same because they are holding out

if u don't understand the difference, then i dont hink u'd understand why some people feel fine about letting Osi play it out if we can't get a frst rounder for him

Its not a cop out actually, its the truth. But like i said, i know ur slow at work today so i'll keep humoring you

[/quote]

[/quote]

theres no cop out

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]Daven, if you go QB with the first pick you will kill your team.[/quote]

well first pick overall i think u mean

i def see some QBs going first round and it being worth it
    [/quote]
    Does he have a different first pick Matt?
    [/quote]

ahh read it wrong, thought he said "your first pick"

jsut saying I could see Vick going as early as 5
    [/quote]
    I could see him going as early as 2 []
    [/quote]

i dont

cuz then u wouldn't be *****ing about Daven going Rodgers

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]its your general relationship with ur receivers..[/quote]

Working relationships can be built without being friendly...even with people you find annoying.

Eli and Shockeys "Timing" on routes could have been (and probably was at the time) the best of any of the pass receivers on the team....even if they find each other very annoying.

you seem to think you need to be "friends" in order to work with someone...I completely disagree with that.

<FONT size=5>BTW MOREHEAD</FONT>

#1) don't worry about the Draft...as long as I actually remember to make it to the draft this year...it'll be better then last year.

#2) what do you think about the Debt Limit compromise that's been laid out today.
    [/quote]

not with players with egos like shockey. Every person is not the same. Not EVERY person can have a professional relationship with ANYbody.

shockey was def a head case.

No i don't disagree with that, but i think with a person like shockey if hes not on board hes more destructive than useful
    [/quote]</P>

kerry collins and shockey got along just fine, and when he tried to pull **** with brees that ended fast.</P>